• Published 6th May 2016
  • 3,310 Views, 21 Comments

Spike's Crystaling - Yosh-E-O



Twilight's ever-eager-to-please #1 Assistant seeks to be Cadence and Shining Armor's "Brave and Glorious Babysitter"

  • ...
5
 21
 3,310

Making Ends Meet

“Hip-ungh,” moaned Flurry Heart upon finishing off her bottle.

Spike had managed to suck the jewel into his mouth enough to begin chewing it as he removed the empty bottle from baby Flurry Heart’s mouth.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he gulped down the last of the jewel.

“Ungh… Hip!” hiccupped the infant Alicorn as she began to cry while moving her hooves along her stomach.

Spike thought quickly back on the instructions on caring for a foal that Twilight had given him.

“This could be one of two things,” he said with a gulp. “And both are messy.”

“Hip-up, ungh…,” gasped a tearful Flurry Heart. Her eyes were fixated on Spike with a look of desperation to stop whatever it was that was making her hurt so much in her tummy.

“Okay,” said the purple dragon as he gently positioned Flurry Heart against his chest, helped her to move her head over his shoulder, and supported her bottom with one of his hands. “Here goes…”

PAT-PAT-PAT-PAT-PAT

Flurry Heart moaned as she felt something build up inside her.

“Hip-bwah!” spit the powder-pink colored Alicorn as undigested milk flew out of her mouth, landed on Spike’s shoulder, and began to run down his back.

Spike cringed upon feeling the spit-up that was now oozing down himself. He wanted to get it off, but he remembered that he needed to continue to pat the baby’s back until she stopped sounding upset.

***

A few innocent burps later, Flurry Heart became silent.

“Are we good?” asked the green-bellied dragon as he held Flurry Heart over so he could face her. His forced smile hopefully not coming off too obvious as he resisted the urge to run for the bathroom to get the spit-up off his scales.

“Hee!” grinned the little Alicorn as a rush of sour-milk scented breath met Spike’s nose.

Spike felt the muscles in his cheeks strain to retain the smile he was forcing as he tried to resist coming off offensive to the baby Alicorn. He could already smell the spit-up that was on his shoulder, but the scent of it from her mouth right to his nose made him just want to gag. However, he knew babies were very sensitive to how their caretakers reacted to them. The last thing he wanted to do was upset her over something she couldn’t control.

“Ungh,” Flurry Heart suddenly grunted while closing her eyes and growing a bit red in the face.

“Oh, no!” exclaimed Spike. “Both ends?”

Spike stood up and carefully held Flurry Heart under her front hooves as her face grew redder and the grunts grew more consistant.

“Bathroom,” panicked Spike. “Bathroom.”

***

A newly unwanted scent had begun to fill the air as Spike and Flurry Heart entered into the bathing chamber.

“Unnngh,” the baby Alicorn strained.

“This is one of those situations I have to help her, isn’t it?” Spike asked himself as he remembered another part of his babysitting training. You definitely wanted a foal to have at least one ‘movement’ per day, but you didn’t want them to hurt themselves while doing it. So, as he also had to practice on his Rarity plush, he knew he had to hold her and perform the ‘Tummy Massage’ he was taught.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” he gulped as he cradled the grunting foal and started to gently use one of his claws to make soft, circling motions upon her stomach.

SPLAT

Spike blushed as he knew, and smelled, what just happened in Flurry Heart’s diaper. However, her face looked a lot less red and her straining had gone down considerably.

***

After Flurry Heart finished with her ‘business’, Spike went about the task of cleaning her up and changing her diaper. Fortunately, he knew how to keep her from fussing as he went about this particular activity. So, with pursed lips, the emerald-eyed dragon spewed his ethereal breath above the foal as he rushed to ensure she was as clean and happy as she could be.

“This works for me, too,” grinned Spike while using the lavender-scented wipes to wipe off the spit-up from his shoulder and back. He thought about taking another bath, but he was too tired to go through what he had earlier and he definitely didn’t feel he had enough strength in his lungs to do another fire breath performance.

“How’s about…,” he started to say while yawning. “A nap, little princess?”

Flurry Heart smiled as she, too, let out a yawn.

“Okay, let’s get you to bed.”

***

Flurry Heart offered no resistance to Spike as he carried her against his chest back to her nursery. If anything, she was helping him by continuing to nuzzle and press herself against his body while they made their way into the room.

“Okay,” yawned Spike. “Here we are.”

Spike moved to place Flurry Heart into her crib, but she immediately whimpered and pressed herself even more firmly against the dragon’s chest.

Not feeling up for a struggle, Spike first thought about resting in the rocking chair with her. However, he remembered how Shining Armor shared a frightening story of a time he did this and she rolled out of his hooves onto the floor. The next thought was to lie with her on the floor, but that didn’t sound very comfortable.

“Why not,” sighed Spike while using his free hand to lower the crib gate before sliding himself and Flurry Heart inside. He then raised the gate, turned the baby Alicorn’s baby blanket into a makeshift pillow, and rested himself upon his back while supporting the infant crystaling against his chest.

“This is harder than I thought,” remarked Spike with a whisper as he closed his eyes. “And this is only the first day.”

***

Spike and Flurry Heart quickly fell asleep together. The warmth of her fur and body easing Spike while his steady heartbeat and breathing soothed the tiny filly.

This peace would certainly be short lived, but it definitely gave Spike the briefest of moments before succumbing to slumber to wonder if he was just as much of a handful when he was a baby.

Comments ( 13 )

7192568

Thank you very much for giving this fun, little story a read through. Knowing you liked it means a lot, too. :)

I do think it would be a fun episode if Spike was to watch Flurry heart. His pride in being "The Brave and Glorious" of the Crystal Empire would certainly be put to the test as caring for a foal is a lot different than saving the day from evil kings and looming ice clouds. :)

7192622
I think it would be a good episode as well!

7192863

Oh, this definitely would be a bit into the future. Moms and dads, particular moms, don't like to be away from their little ones until they feel safe enough to trust someone to not let anything happen while they are away.


For this story, I kind of figured Sunburst had done a pretty good job with helping Flurry Heart not have such destructive results from her foal magic. Things would have been fairly settled, which is why they'd have had a chance to build her a private bathing chamber, while getting the staff of the Crystal Palace pretty used to what she'd need.


I'd put Flurry Heart between eight and twelve months old in this story. Not so much separation anxiety so long as she is entertained. And, well, Spike definitely helped to keep her entertained. :)


Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

This fic actually wasn't half bad. It had a few cute moments, but I do wish the chapters were longer. I can see this as a actual episode, which is pretty good.

7193436

Thanks very much for reading and commenting. :)

There was definitely a lot more I could do with this story, but I thought it may be easier on readers to have short, quick chapters to allow them an easy read where their imagination could do the rest.

My shorter stories seem to be more of what FiM fans like on here. There's usually a correlation between longer stories and less interest. So, I suppose I'm just going with what I know people like from me. :)

7193503 hurt nothing wrong with 5k stories as long as pacing keeps the readers attention. Yeah I just finds a thousand words too short but two thousand has to be god right Bow to acurally ease this story

7194013
Thank you so much for all of your comments! They are very much appreciated along with the time you took in reading this short story.

I'll admit, I was at a loss for what to do for Flurry Heart's private bathroom. I probably could've just called it that, but I tried for something fancy. Kind of a fail, but oh-well. :)

7438579

<LoL!> Nope. Not at all. :)

I was trying to think of something "Princess-like" and do believe I may have gone overboard with that elaborate title for a bathroom.

Cute hope to see more soon! Hehe I am kinda surprised none of Flurry's spells turned Spike into a baby pony, or at least shrink him down to her size.

bro just a quick heads-up, Flurry Heart tag is now available, you should add it. Great story btw :twilightsmile:

Realest Kids In Equestria! How ya doing?!?

Login or register to comment