• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 2,074 Views, 62 Comments

Hearts of Tears - Angelic Wing



Discord.... Why have you left me alone? Without you in my life.... I feel so.... Empty....

  • ...
3
 62
 2,074

The Epilogue

I sat in bed with Discord, and felt giddy at the thought of the next day's events. I had never thought much of marriage until I was old enough, and when my mind had been transformed into a romanticized paradise. It was innocent romance that I had once thought of, until I learned what was 'traditional' and 'proper' on the couples wedding night in this time and age. I looked at his peaceful face, as I silently smiled. A thought made me smile wider.

" Just think Fluttershy, Discord, the Lord of Chaos, in a few hours, will be your husband! "

I stroked his cheek, affectionately. He smiled in his sleep at my hoofs contact. I realized I was too excited to fall asleep, and, unwillingly, got up out of his arms and proceeded to the living room. I went into the guest room, the only place I could hide a certain something Discord wasn't supposed to see until the wedding. I admired the silky fabric of my wedding dress. I poked my head out the door to listen and see if any pony was up. When I didn't hear anything, I went to the dress, taking it off its stand, and slipping it on. I gazed at the mare in the mirror, a mare I didn't recognize. She wore a wedding dress that had off the shoulder loose straps, gold rimmed the chest line and the fairly long train. A single bloomed red rose resided at the middle of her chest. The mare in the reflection copied the movement of my hoof reaching to grab the veil. The veil itself had a ring of turquoise blue water lilies, holding it all in place. I twirled in place, entranced by the movement of it.

" Well, I must say, my dear, you look as if you were an angel sent from above in that dress! "

I silently gave out a shrill squeal at Discords sudden appearance. I tripped on my dress and tumbled into the curtain by the window. I heard him laugh whole heartily at the scene. I stood up, without revealing the dress, and glared at him.

" Discord, don't scare me like that! Why are you even up so late? "

He looked at me flirtatiously.

" Well the bed wasn't really warm after my fiancé left my side "

I blushed crimson. I was still angry that he would scare me like that, but that smile caught me in a bind of forgiveness every time I saw it. I relented, and smiled, still staying concealed with the curtain.

" You still shouldn't be in here, it's bad luck to see the bride in her dress before the wedding "

He smiled. Coming over and placing a gentle kiss on my cheek. He started to place kisses down my neck, and made it almost to my throat before I giggled and pushed him away.

" And we are definitely not supposed to do that before after the wedding "

He put on a fake pout, as I laughed at his adorable face.

" Go back to bed, dear, I'll be up in a second "

For the first time since I met him, he sighed and went upstairs to wait. I slipped the dress and veil off and put them back on the stand. Admiring it once more, I headed back to my bedroom, finding my love laying there waiting. I laid beside him, my back turned to him. He held me to his chest, which was warm and I heard the faint comforting sound of his heart beating rhythmically. I smiled before drifting to sleep, thinking of the joy that life would bring tomorrow.....

At The Wedding.....

I breathed heavily as the time was about to strike. I was sitting outside the doors of the chapel when my nervousness and anxiety crept into my mind. The thoughts all dissipated as Discords voice caressed my ears.

" Everything will be alright, Fluttershy "

I smiled and calmed down. I heard my cue as the doors opened and I saw him there, looking like a nervous wreck. I almost laughed, but was able to hold it back and walked gracefully up the isle. I glanced around at the decor, and smiled. In every corner of the room, a certain flower bloomed in bundles. The end of the isle had a beautiful arc, with Luna under it. Me and Discord decided we wanted Twilight to be best mare, so we chose Luna to preside over the ceremony. Discord looked like he was ready to run a mile, so I gave him a reassuring smile, and he seemed to be less tense. While Luna began the ceremony, I couldn't help but look at Discords eyes mezmirized once again by there colours. I looked at him lovingly as Luna came to my piece of the binding of our hearts.

" Do thou Fluttershy, take Discord to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, now and for eternity? "

I smiled brightly before replying.

" I do, now and for eternity "

She turned to Discord, who chuckled nervously.

" And do thou, Discord, take Fluttershy to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, now and for eternity? "

He started to frantically look around, before I reached over and squeezed his paw in reassurance. He let a breath of relaxation and smiled at me.

" I do, now and for all eternity "

I giggled. Luna smiled as she read the last lines of our marriage.

" Then I hereby pronounce thee husband and wife, thou may kiss the bride, Discord "

He held me close, as we closed the gap between us. Everyone cheered, but I couldn't hear, the joy of having Discord as my husband now, made the world around us fade away. We pulled apart and smiled unconsciously at eachother. Happiness means different things to ponies all around, but for me, it's only one word....

" Discord "

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this story :twilightsmile: I'll be writing another one on Fluttercord very soon so you won't have to wait long :pinkiehappy: Again really hope you all enjoyed the chapter! :heart:

Comments ( 21 )

6828978

I know I just did it cause for some reason it bugged me that it was without a space :twilightoops:

:flutterrage:Rarity behave yourself!
:moustache: Wut cha doing with Fluttershys old bucket?
:duck: bouquet Spikey poo
:twilightoops: Rarity bring Spike back right now!
:rainbowlaugh: Haaaaaa Ha Ha ha
:applejackconfused: gosh they eloped faster than Angel Bunnys bride!
:facehoof:Oh Rarity

6829088

:rainbowlaugh: So I take it you enjoyed the chapter?

6829202

That's a great picture! :pinkiehappy:

6830501

That story is very well done :twilightsmile: Your very creative

6917466

I'm glad you enjoyed that part :twilightsmile: Are you enjoying the story in general?

6917499

I was trying to limit the sadness a little, and I apologize for the over statement of despair in here :fluttershysad: Don't cry you'll make me cry! :fluttercry: Glad to hear that your enjoying it :yay:

6917519 Oh no, they were happy tears. Which doesn't happen hardly ever for me, so its definitely a good thing. This chapter was so cute!!!!!! This scene completely blew me away:

" Discord, don't scare me like that! Why are you even up so late? "
He looked at me flirtatiously.
" Well the bed wasn't really warm after my fiancé left my side "
I blushed crimson. I was still angry that he would scare me like that, but that smile caught me in a bind of forgiveness every time I saw it. I relented, and smiled, still staying concealed with the curtain.
" You still shouldn't be in here, it's bad luck to see the bride in her dress before the wedding "
He smiled. Coming over and placing a gentle kiss on my cheek. He started to place kisses down my neck, and made it almost to my throat before I giggled and pushed him away.
" And we are definitely not supposed to do that before after the wedding "
He put on a fake pout, as I laughed at his adorable face.
" Go back to bed, dear, I'll be up in a second "

That's exactly how I would picture them interacting! I've gotta say, this whole story has greatly impressed me. Honestly, I was expecting a lot less. But you really pulled through! I award you with moustaches: :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

6917693

I was laughing when I wrote that part of the chapter :rainbowlaugh:

6917753

I liked writing that cute scene the most in this whole story :scootangel: I thought people would like it, and I guess they do! :twilightsmile:

6917753

Yay, my first set of mustaches!:rainbowlaugh: You can have one for being so fantastic with the comments :moustache:

6917782 You deserved it! Except for a few bumps and some slightly shaky grammar, this story was way better than the rating makes it out to be.

6917806

Thank you so much, this means a lot to me:twilightsmile:

7019448

That's a good suggestion! Rainbows nickname for Discord when she is irratated, or angrily confused.:applejackunsure: I apologize for that, I wrote this when I first made my account, so that's why it's so short

7658740
7662994
Glad to hear you enjoyed the story!

Who put a waterfall in my eyes???
:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:
That...that was...*sniff*...beautiful...

7821265
I'm ever so happy to hear that you liked the story so much!

7821948
I know right! This has got to be your best story...:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment