• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 2,058 Views, 62 Comments

Hearts of Tears - Angelic Wing



Discord.... Why have you left me alone? Without you in my life.... I feel so.... Empty....

  • ...
3
 62
 2,058

The Letter

Fluttershy woke up from a dreadful sleep. I had experienced a horrid nightmare in my sleep, and what I saw had made my cheeks damp with tears. I got up to make breakfast when I heard my creaky mailbox open. My heart sped up as I thought of who might have sent me a letter. I went outside to get the mail when I saw Angel spending time with Harry (the bear) and many of my other animal friends. Angel looked kind of..... jumpy. I realized I hadn't apologized to him for yelling at him last night, and immediantly felt guilty.

" I had better apologize and do something nice for him... "

I walked over and put my hoof on his tiny shoulder. He jumped, then turned around and glared at me. I looked down at the ground, solemnly.

" Angel, I'm so sorry about my outburst yesterday.... I didn't mean to scare you... I was just..... frustrated... Can you ever forgive me? "

He looked into my eyes and chattered.

" Only if I get two extra carrots for breakfast! "

I smirked and picked up my little bunny. He didn't protest at being picked up, being used to the constant contact I gave him.

" Oh thank you, Angel! I'll get right on your breakfast as soon as I get my mail, alright? "

He huffed in annoyance, but nodded and went in the house to wait for his meal. I went to the mailbox only to see it was empty. I scanned the inside with confusion...

" What in Celestia's name is going.... "

Mid thought, confetti and balloons sprung out of the mailbox, which made me squeak and jump away from it in fright. Then, an envelope shot out towards me. I couldn't move because of the fear and confusion of everything and merely shut my eyes and waited for impact. Only, before it could reach my face, it sprouted wings and stopped mere seconds from my face. I opened my eyes and grabbed the letter from the air, as its wings disappeared. I had a very good guess as to whom it was from, and I smiled as I opened it and read the first few words.

My Kindest Friend, Fluttershy
I am overjoyed to tell you that I will be visiting some time this week,
And I have a very special surprise for you,
It's just something I wish to give you to show my appreciation and friendship to you,
And I will not tell you when I will arrive there so you do not have to fuss over your lovely house
Your Devoted And Mischevious Friend, Discord

I giggled at his sign off on the letter and brought it inside. I gazed at it in anticipation at the words written. Discord was coming to visit me! The very thought made me overjoyed, my earlier sadness forgotten. And he said he had a surprise for me. What could it be? In my heart, I imagined something that probably wouldn't happen, but I could hope. I went to the kitchen to grab Angel his well deserved carrots, when I heard Angel start to squeak and chatter angrily in the living room. I rushed into the room to see what was wrong, and my eyes widened as I saw what or rather whom had angered Angel.

" My dear Fluttershy, it is so good to see my closest friend! Although the rabbit I could do without seeing...How have you be- "

I couldn't control myself any longer as I jumped on Discord and hugged him tight. He hugged me back immediantly and I felt a warm comforting feeling in my chest. I backed away and looked into his beautiful eyes that I missed so much. I smiled so hard that I thought either my face would break in half or my heart would burst with all the happiness I was feeling. He smiled back at me, with joy and amusement swimming in his crimsen red pupils.

" It would seem you missed me more then I expected, my dear "

My cheeks tinged pink, and I shyly smiled. Angel suddenly started kicking Discord in his cloven hoof. I quickly pulled him away and scowled hard at him. He squeaked at me, obviously enraged that Discord was here.

" Angel, you know better then to kick ponies!!! "

He started to chatter loudly and pointed accusingly at Discord. I gasped and glared at him, anger seeping into my eyes.

" That was very rude, Angel!!! Your not going to get any carrots with that attitude!!! "

He still looked angry, but he did not protest any longer. I went to the kitchen and got 3 carrots from the cupboard. I gently gave them to Angel.

" There you go Angel, now no more being rude to Discord, understood? "

He grumpily nodded, picked up his prizes, and left me alone with Discord. He looked rather amused at the whole affair. I sheepishly looked at him in an apologetic manner.

" I'm so sorry about Angel, Discord. I don't know why he is so.... aggressive towards you.... "

Discord chuckled, and wrapped his lion paw around my waist, giving me a dashing smile.

" Oh why does he always make me feel so.... helpless and weak in his arms? I swear, if he beckoned me come to him I would not be able to refuse...... "

I thought as his arm tightened, and his smile didn't falter.

" No need to apologize, Fluttershy, he wouldn't be able to hurt me even if I was as small as he is "

Immediantly, he snapped his eagle claw, and he became as small as Angel. I giggled at his antics. When he transformed back to normal size, he looked at me with pure joy.

" It's so good to hear your laughter again, my dear. I missed it when I was away "

I blushed and smiled at him. It was like the last few weeks without him were forgotten, and now my day had returned, with my heart in his palm. He took my hoof in his paw and dragged me outside. He kept going down the path, until we were in front of the Everfree Forest. I halted immediantly and looked at him in fear and confusion.

" Discord, where are you taking me? "

He gazed at me for a moment, then smiled in amusement.

" To your surprise, of course. "

I raised an eyebrow at him, and he sighed. He looked me straight in the eye with seriousness.

" Please, Fluttershy, can you trust me on this, please? "

I looked at him with confusion, but replaced it with the undying trust I had for him. I smiled at him and my heart nearly skipped a beat.

" Ok Discord I trust you "

He grinned widely and held my hoof softly this time. He kept silently reassuring me that going into the Everfree would be worth it. And as I left the boundary of Ponyville territory, and felt his warm paw on my hoof, I realized that nothing could be closer to heaven then just touching Discords paw.....

Author's Note:

Another cliffhanger :rainbowwild: Sorry guys but I can't make a huge chapter and then smaller ones :derpytongue2: I'll try and update it tomorrow if I can, but I can't promise anything :applejackunsure: Again, constructive critism is welcome, and bad feedback is not