• Published 11th Dec 2015
  • 2,060 Views, 62 Comments

Hearts of Tears - Angelic Wing



Discord.... Why have you left me alone? Without you in my life.... I feel so.... Empty....

  • ...
3
 62
 2,060

The Apology

I sat by the waterfall of my secret grove. I don't know how long I had sat there and wept, with my heart pouring into my sobs.

" It's as if my minds torment has become reality, to hurt me.... and those who I love dearly.... "

I whimpered in agony at the very memory of my friends and lover arguing. It was like my heart break from the previous nights nightmare was brought from my mind and placed at my hoofs. There was only one thing that night that gave me tears of fear...... and as I remembered it, my heart lay claim to my throat.....

I stood in a meadow of war, with my only light being the blood red sun that covered the field. I looked around and saw five figures to my left, and only one to my right. I recognized them imediantly, and slightly smiled. My smile vanished and turned into a look of fear as I saw their faces. My friends looked worried and angry, most of their anger directed at the creature that had taken my heart. Discord emerged from the shadows, with a mixed look of malice and love, except the malice wasn't put towards me. He smiled at me, but this smile put an unsteady feeling inside me, not the usual comforting, warm feeling. My friends pushed Discord away, making me give a sigh of disappointment. They all looked at me, worriedly.

" Fluttershy! What are you doing with that monster!?!!!?! "

I gasped. My friends would never go as low as calling Discord a monster..... Discord barged forward and grabbed me roughly around the waist.

" And why, Fluttershy, are you still friends with these nasty, conniving, and quiet rude friends of yours? "

I pushed away from Discord, and looked at them all, fearfully.

" Why are they acting as if I need to- "

My face paled as realization struck me. They wanted me to choose friendship or love.... My ears went flat on my head, as I looked at their expectant and angry faces. I looked at Discord, my day, my heart, my other half...... but he wasn't his usual loving self when I looked at his face. He looked more..... love crazed, angry, and, startlingly, blood thirsty. When I looked at my friends, I saw similar changes. I saw no friendly, affectionate, or caring trace in their eyes, sadly, I only saw revengeful, furious, and hateful looks. I didn't want to chose one over the other...... They were both big parts of my life and without one... I would be.... guilty and sad. They all looked at me, insanely.

" Make your choice, Fluttershy..... You can not delay your decision forever.... "

They said in sync. I started to back away from them, as they were starting to make fear creep into my mind. Both sides looked at each other then, and started to fight. Discord threw Twilight to the side with his magic, while Rainbow was encased in yellow energy. Applejack tried to lasso him to the ground, but the rope turned on her and tied her up with an apple in her mouth. Pinkie pounced on him and he was caught off guard. He collapsed as everyone began to beat on him. I was frozen in shock at the sight, and couldn't move to stop them as much as I tried. Discord, suddenly, made a burst of magic throw the girls back to the ground. Rarity slid beside me, and I gasped at the dip red gashes in her pristine white coat. Everyone had been injured, both sides looked near death. I soon saw my friends were moaning in pain on one side of the field, while Discord was moaning as loud as all five of them combined. I didn't know which to tend to first: My friends, who had always been there for me, or Discord, who showed me the love that I returned..... I started to cry from the confusion and pain in my heart. I soon heard nothing.... Everything was quiet. I looked around, but the only thing I saw was darkness all around. What awoke me that night was the screams of agony and torment that sounded like my friends and lover......

My eyes began to water and stream down my face. The horrible memory of that night making my heart heavy with fear and a great sadness.

" I can't lose them.... They are all a part of me.... If I lose even one of them, I'll crumble into despair...... I'm not..... strong enough to bare that kind of weight on my heart..... "

" You could never lose us..... "

I snapped my head up at the voices. I slowly turned and saw Discord and the girls, looking at me with worry, guilt, and sadness apparent in their eyes. Discord came forward and held me against him.

" Fluttershy, my love, I never meant to cause you despair..... I just.... lost control when I thought...... your friends would..... "

I silenced him, knowing what he was going to say.

" You thought they would take me from you.... "

He simply nodded. I slightly smiled, touched by his worry that I knew I would never allow. I kissed him, softly, giving a a silent message of reassurance. I turned to the girls, who were looking awkward and guilty. I smiled and stretched my forelegs out for them. They grinned, and rushed towards me for a hug of forgiveness. When I let go, Twilight stepped forward, for the first time, along with the others, admiring the beauty of the grove. She then looked to me, glancing at Discord.

" Fluttershy.... Did.... Did Discord.... make this..... for you? "

I smirked and nodded in approval. She looked at Discord in regret, along with every pony else. I smiled, hopeful of what their faces might mean.

" Twilight..... does this mean.... that you approve of Discord, even a little? "

Twilight bit her lip for a moment, then sighed.

" Fluttershy.... as long as you are happy, I'll be happy "

She smiled, as the others nodded their approval. I looked at Discord, with tears of joy brimming my eyes. He smiled at the girls with a look a gratefulness.

" Well, my friends I'm so happy you all decided to- "

I passionately kissed Discord, not being able to contain my unlimited joy for the approval of my friends. He immediately kissed me back with eagerness, and I smiled lovingly into the kiss. The future might hold sweeter fruits than now, but until then, I will simply enjoy the sweet love that I receive and savour from Discord......

" Oh for the love of Celestia, come up for air already! "

Me and Discord released each other from our loving hold, and laughed whole hardily at Rainbow with everyone. All I knew was that my friends and Discord would be loved by me always......

Author's Note:

There will be an Epilogue so please stick around :raritywink::pinkiehappy: I hope you enjoyed this chapter :yay::heart: