• Published 3rd Nov 2015
  • 3,958 Views, 127 Comments

Over the Hills and Far Away - RF and AG



After stumbling upon an artifact unlike any other, a wandering denizen of a chaotic world, bearing the scars of a cataclysm, finds himself catapulted onto an alien planet. What will the endless wanderer find on the new world?

Comments ( 30 )

well. i missed this. Reading your stories. keep it up. im happy to see the notification in my feed.

7551904
Yeah, it's been far to long since I updated this one ... I love writing it but sometimes it's tough to write.

I mean after a while I learned to accept it, but you don’t just discount fucking physics.

Not that hard to disregard physics. In order to get into particle physics it's one of the first things you do; forget everything you thought you knew about physics and relearn it all from scratch.
That is also why particle physics always sounds like a bunch of confusing bullshit.

7552093
Makes sense, but I know Ryan isn't keen on particle physics because of that "confusing bullshit." :rainbowlaugh:

7552111
I can't imagine why someone like him wouldn't be keen on throwing the foundation for everything he knows out the window before relearning everything in a way that's ten times as complicated and involves eleven dimensions to comprehend and a lack of rigidity in anything.
Of course he'd love to learn about the variations of quarks like up quarks, down quarks, top quarks, bottom quarks, strange quarks, and charm quarks.
Oh wait, they're not "Types" of quarks, they're "Flavors" of quarks.
Yes, those are their official names.
Seems like something a simple man like him would love.

7552124
As much as he loves convoluted stuff he has a limit! Though I bet he'd love to hear someone try and explain it! xD

7552132
You don't explain quantum mechanics.
First you must learn to comprehend it, which normally takes a few years, then you get a PhD in it, which takes around a decade or so, then (here's the fun part) you dedicate you entire life to trying to figure out more of it's confusing bullshit. If you get lucky, you may discover a new particle nobody has ever theorized of before and get to name it either after yourself or something stupid. The quark is named "Quark" because of an old sci-fi book that had throwaway sciencey names and some nerd decided to give it one of those stupid names because there were too many long-ass names in science.
Nobody takes the thing that they've dedicated their entire life to less seriously than a particle physicist.

7551933 I completely understand. I love to draw. until i hate drawing.

Another great chapter. I've been looking forward to reading this story again! You could imagine the goofy-as-shit grin I had when I woke up this morning and saw the notification

7569468
Massacred, beat up, intimidated, they're all the same things. Admittedly that scene was from before I decided to truly go with the 3rd person scenes to describe events Ryan didn't want to speak of.

Don't worry, such events won't be teased so perfectly :rainbowwild:

7596091 I wonder how many people are even aware that the feature for bookmarks exist on FiMFiction :rainbowderp:

That scene near the end where the minotaur messenger wanders into camp is a bit unclear. Since he didn't deliver a message directly, it sounds like he was delivering a message to somewhere else, and stumbled across their camp and decided to investigate (as opposed to delivering a message to our cadre of protagonists directly). Maybe just touch that up a bit to clarify that.

So if I have my geography right, was Ryan born in Medicine Hat? The mention of being in Alberta and Cypress Hills being 'near there' leads me to infer it was Medicine Hat. Though there's no actual 'town' of Cypress Hills, just the name of the park (if the community was started altogether after the Reckoning, though, I can easily see them naming it after the park). Elkwater is the only place with residences there, and Fort Walsh is the only other real building in the area.

7657330
Yeah the minotaur just stumbled upon the camp. I'll take a look to see if I can clear things up.

As for where he was born, it's not Medicine Hat. If you re-read the section of his story regarding Cypress he mentions going to a large city first that is covered like a jungle. Then he heads south to another big one that is now just a crater more or less. Then finally another city that is untouched, which is the one close to Cypress.

Those size of those chapters are monstrous :pinkiegasp:

7895790
They had to be, it takes me forever to fet around to writing this one so I gave you readers a lot to chew :P

7949877
You've earned my utmost respect simply because you are of the Vlka Fenryka.


Also i figured those two countries would be the toughest to 'kill.'

Is this story dead? Or alive?

8536577
On an unofficial hiatus. Life has been too busy to write ... should get around to making a journal one of these days. Don't worry, it will eventually be started up.

8541835

Yay :yay: , so not dead :D

When do you think you can get it out?

8551358
A new chapter? Oh jeeze ... hmm ... i cannot promise anything but perhaps I can force out a new year's present. I will try as best as I can!

Love the camp fire story telling style. Just hope it's not dead.:pinkiesad2:

8817038
Call it extended hiatus until I find time/will to write. I am not dead, so don't worry!

8817459
I'm just glad to see that your still alive.:pinkiehappy:

Teletubbies come to play

Is this dead?

10050357
As of right now, I am working on more mainstream writing. I will never say one way unfortunately but take that as you will.

Well it’s been a while since I’ve come back to this story. While you may never come back to it, I’ll keep a tab on it just in case.

Love this series keep up the good work can't wait for the next chapter.

Login or register to comment