• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 1,780 Views, 48 Comments

The Birds And The Beatz - Prance Bronze



In which Vinyl Scratch explains the miracle of life to her and Octavia’s daughter.

  • ...
5
 48
 1,780

The Question

“Mommy, what’s sex?”

When Vinyl Scratch woke up that morning, that is not a question she thought she would hear. Sure enough, it was indeed what she had just been asked by six year old daughter, Sharp Melody. Melody and Vinyl lived in a small place just outside of Ponyville, close to the train station. They specifically bought a house near the train station, for Vinyl and her wife, Octavia, travel a lot in their line of work. Both were greats in the music industry and were often asked to perform concerts all over Equestria. Currently, Octavia was at one of these concerts, leaving Melody alone with Vinyl. And at the moment, Vinyl wished that wasn’t the case.

“Excuse me?” Vinyl asked, looking down at her daughter, Melody, a white coated filly with an icy blue and dark grey mane and tail, looking back at up her. Staring cutely into Vinyl’s bright red eyes, she once again asked, “what’s sex?”

“W...what? Where did you hear that word!?” Vinyl asked nervously.

“Sex? I heard some colts talking about it at school the other day. I didn’t know what it was so I asked them.”

“Oh no.” Vinyl thought.

“And what did they say?”

“Well,” Melody began, putting a hoof to her chin to try and recall what exactly the colts had told her. “They said sex is a grown up thing that’s supposed to feel good.”

“Okay, so what do you want me to tell you, sweetie?”

“Well, I want to know more of course!” The filly shouted, pacing in front of Vinyl as she talked. “What kind of grown up thing? And it feels good how? And...And...And have you and mom ever done it?”

Vinyl, thinking that Melody was a little young for such things, but also knowing that she would one day get curious about it, was okay about the first two questions. However, the third one really caught her by surprise.

“Well, uh, you see, I, uh...”

“And why is it so hard to talk about? You and Miss Lyra are both having trouble talking about it.”

“Wait, you asked Lyra about this first?”

“Yes.” Melody squeaked back.

“And what did she say?”

“She told me to ask you about it.”

“Of course she did.” Vinyl took a long breath before looking back at her daughter. Melody was looking back at her with wide eyes, full of curiosity. No doubt her head was already filled with questions and confusing answers. “Well, I guess there’s no avoiding it now.”

“So you’re going to tell me!?” Melody asked excitedly.

“Yes, sweetie, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about sex.”

“Yay! Thank you mommy!” Melody said before wrapping Vinyl in a hug.

“Sure thing.” Vinyl mumbled while returning the hug. “Now why don’t you go sit in that chair. We may be here a while.”

“Okay!” Melody beamed as she broke the hug. The small filly nearly sprinted towards the chair her mother was referring to and promptly sat down. “So where do we start!?”

“Well, Melody, let’s start here: I’m going to tell you how foals are made.”

“Made? Foals are made? Like cakes in the oven?”

“No, not like that. Foals aren’t made in ovens. They’re, uh, made inside mares.”

“What do you mean?”

“A foal is made inside mare a mare’s tummy.”

“In their tummies! Do you mean mares eat foals! Did you eat me!”

“No, no! They don’t eat them, sweetie, they grow inside mares until they’re ready to be born.”

“Oh, but how do they get there?”

“Well, sex. When a stallion and a mare have sex, a foal is put into the mare’s tummy.”

“Oh, ok.” Melody stated, nodding her small head.

“And when that happens, a mare carries the foal in her stomach for nine months. During that time, she’s pregnant, or has a bun in the oven.”

“But you said foals weren’t made in ovens.”

“They’re not! I mean, uh, it’s just a figure of speech, sweetie. Like when I tell mom to break a leg before a concert. Really, I’m just wishing her luck.”

“Is that part of sex too?”

“No! I mean yes! I mean, uh, sort of.”

“Sort of?”

“Well, yes, sort of. When you have sex, you technically, get lucky. You see, sex is special hugging between the stallion and mare and like I said, when they’re done hugging, the mare is pregnant.”

“Special hugging? But I hug you all the time. Are you pregnant, mommy!? Am I getting a sister!?”

The fact that Vinyl just heard her daughter ask her if she had impregnated her was enough to freeze Vinyl’s brain for a few seconds. However, once she regained her composure, Vinyl hastily tried to clear things up.

“N...no, sweetheart. You see, only when a stallion and a mare hug can she pregnant. Besides, its special hugging. A regular hug won’t do anything.”

“Oh, I see. So, if a stallion hugs a mare in a special way, the mare will get a foal in their tummy.”

“Exactly.” Vinyl said, relaxing now that she was finally getting through to her daughter.

“But what makes the hugging special?”

Vinyl stopped relaxing and instantly tensed up once again. “Uh, remember when you said those colts you talked to said sex was a grown up thing?”

“Yes, why?”

“Well, they’re right. Only grown ups should have sex, so I think it’s best if I tell you when you’re a little older.”

“Awe, but I want to know now! What makes sex special!?”

Vinyl prayed that with the volume of Melody’s voice, no ponies passing by could hear the conversation. “I’m serious, sweetie. You’ll jut have to wait.” Hearing this, Melody’s ears drooped and her face fell. The filly looked at the ground dejectedly and started to whimper. Noticing this, Vinyl quickly tried to save the situation. “Okay, fine. I’ll tell you this: one reason sex is special because you should only do it with someone you truly love.”

Melody, satisfied with the answer, perked up once again. “I think I understand mommy! But, wait, how was I made if you and mom are both mares?”

“Magic, sweetie. Magic helped us a little on that one.”

“Magic helped? How?”

“That’s one more thing to tell you when you’re older.” Vinyl muttered, blushing.

“Awe, fine.” Melody huffed, while crossing her forelegs and putting on a scowl. However, the filly’s attitude changed when she suddenly brightened up and stood from her chair. Melody walked over to where Vinyl was sitting and gave her mother another big hug.

“Thanks for this, mommy. I still have a lot of questions, but this really helped.”

“No problem, pumpkin.” Vinyl whispered, tightening the hug. “Maybe mom can answer those questions when she gets back.”

“Alright.” The little filly stated before gaining a questioning expression. “Mommy, can I ask one more thing?”

“Of course.” Vinyl grinned, breaking the hug. “What is it?”

“You said ponies should only have sex with those who they really love. Well, I really love you. Can we have sex?”

When Vinyl Scratch woke up that morning, that is not a question she thought she would hear. Sure enough, her six year old daughter had just asked to have sex with her.

“Excuse me?”

Author's Note:

Just in case it was confusing, Melody calls Vinyl mommy and calls Octavia mom. Anyways, I hoped you like my first story! I plan to write a lot more!

Comments ( 47 )

That ending... You win.

That ending... Just... Wow.

I loved it! :pinkiehappy:

6076514 same i loved it too

Comment posted by GoneGuy deleted Jun 10th, 2015

I hate this pairing with a fiery passion.

That said, I read this and have no regrets. That ending was perfect.

I’m serious, sweetie. You’ll jut have to wait.

Just*

Uggh, I hate children. You have to be so dang careful with what you say around those impressionable young minds. D: Good story though.

6076777 Sweeds have it easier, we've said sex to our children for years, they don't suspect a thing. They even hear it in school, a lot :trollestia:

This, is because sex in Swedish means both 'sex' and 'six'

Left feild with a cannonball not what i was thinking at the time. Lol

6077072
Well, no, not quite. Vinyl can't talk about sex, remember? This is a child. And if you told a child that it was "insemination," then you'd have to explain this massive word to him or her, and you still have the problem of explaining things children don't need to know too early.

Also, Vinyl did blush after saying that it was magic, so that could mean anything, insemination or an R64 spell. Maybe that'll tide you over.

Hmm . . . not a bad story at all, though it kind of depends on clichés for some of the humor. Of course, they still make me laugh, so you did your job well there. Have my like and fave.

The fuck is this story?:rainbowlaugh: i loved it

This...the sequel...I can't...I - I can't...the faps...I can't hold them at bay much longer...I need the bloody sequel!

6077072
Bro, I would agree with you, but Lopoddity from DeviantART did this with two of her male OCs, no one complained, and she continued being one of the more popular people on the site pony-wise. Check it here:

http://lopoddity.deviantart.com/art/Dad-mum-Misadventures-521429450

I hope the sequel, should there ever be one, has a few more adult references in it. :twilightsmile:

Funny story. Would be better if enjoyed with alcohol and a dirty mind. 2nd part, check.

For your first story it a pretty fucking good start:pinkiehappy:

Damn that's a good question.

6077072

"Lazy", okay so when we do crazy things with science it's not lazy to say science made it happen. But in a world full of magic it's lazy to say magic made it happen. I get you. In a world full of magic, magic should be the answer to MOST things.

The only face I would imagine if a parent was asked these questions would be.
rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzA0LzE4LzdkL0F3a3dhcmRTZWFsLjljMzdlLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4NjI3IwplCWpwZw/f1f9a799/ecf/AwkwardSeal.jpg


That's definitely the face I would make.

6078128
I'll go as far as to defend the author in that these are magical friendship ponies that have little in common with mundane horses. Until there is some canon source saying otherwise, the author can assume whatever gestation period they want.

That ending was awesome. I was like okay well this is a cute little story... WAIT! WHAT?
I don't think my parents really had to tell me, I was more interested in video games. They may have explained a little, but then 5th grade sex ed happened.

what's sad is that I had this idea about 6 months before this story came out....:facehoof: /and now I feel bad that you now have the same idea. I wonder if I could use some of this? ....just sayin.

Okay, this was great, and the end was absolutely brilliant :rainbowlaugh:

That ending, pure gold.:rainbowlaugh:

Makes me wonder how many parents had that happened to them.

You said ponies should only have sex with those who they really love. Well, I really love you. Can we have sex?

I DIED when she asked that!:rainbowhuh::rainbowderp::rainbowlaugh:

6078651
I'm going to guess magic futa-mare or gender-swap for a night. That seems to be the trend for fimfics. On that note, while I have nothing against magic used in this way, I have to admit it would be nice if someone did a story centered around the real-world aspect of same-sex couple pregnancy: Donation.
It would make for quite the unique story if two mares asked a stallion to knock one of them up so that we could see what kind of relationship the stallion and resulting child would have. Would he become an honorary uncle to his child as it is raised by two mothers? Maybe he'd be expected to stay out of their lives and never interact with his own offspring. Would the stallion be okay living either of these scenarios, or would he have underestimated how much he would want to be part of the child's life and regret his decision?
I guess the mothers could just go to a sperm bank, but where's the fun in that?
Anyway, upvote.

6078128
Yes but these are ponies. Sentient ponies with magic and crap. Gestation can last however long you want.

That last line caught me off guard. :pinkiegasp:

And my sides went after that. :rainbowlaugh:

6081519

It's not unique, I've read several of those. Depending on the writing, it's just not as entertaining a story element. Besides, the gender-swap spells or futa-spells are just the more fun premise. I come to read stories to have my time eaten up in interesting ways. Too much 'real-world' crap and it's just boring. I've spent my life traveling around the real-world and researching the real-world and talking with real people and figuring out real people and it's just... boring as hell. After awhile you stop thinking the whole thing is any interesting and you start digging for nuggets that can hold your interest.

I don't come here to find the most realistic things, and I think many other people are much the same way. Because reading about something in fiction that you read about in the newspaper is kind of pointless.

Pffffttttttttt MOAR NOW PLEZ

I can imagine the follow up to that last line... *wiffly wavy transition*

"No no no, wrong kind of love!"

"But, but I thought you loved me!"

"Yes, but it's... It's like music!"

"How?"

"Well, some love is like Mommy Octavia's symphonies and classical. Other love is like techno and dubstep."

"Sooooo, what sort of music would sex require?"

"Polka."

6077420 I was guessing the R63 spell. I've seen that in a few other stories in the past.

Ahh, the spontaneity of young minds

So, they used magic to get one of them pregnant, I wonder which one it was. My guess is Octavia, but Vinyl would probably enjoy the excuse to laze about and eat strange food.
6081910

It's not unique, I've read several of those.

Which stories? I can't think of any. Clop doesn't count if those are the sorts you were referring to. As far as I know, there hasn't been a story on here that is about a parent barred from raising their child when they want to be part of said child's life. Of course, I haven't read every story on the sight, so who knows.

Up until the end Vinyl was handling that remarkably maturely. Honestly, I'm very impressed with her.

Now of course she could totally blow it with how she follows up that last question...but I'm still optimistic.

And they had hugs

I DEMAND A SEQUEL XD This was way too cute.

I CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW
:rainbowlaugh:

“You said ponies should only have sex with those who they really love. Well, I really love you. Can we have sex?”

...

...

...

...huh.

And then they had a conversation

Okay... :rainbowlaugh:
THE ENDING WAS HILARIOUS
my new favorite story

...oh... that ending man... it was so funny. Made my day. :rainbowlaugh:

That escalated at a pace I was not comfortable with, although I half expected it...

Octavia is going to kill Vinyl for answering that question, then kill those colts for putting it in her daughter's mind.😅

Login or register to comment