• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 1,734 Views, 295 Comments

Order of Shadows - PaulAsaran



Fine Crime has been chosen by Celestia personally to undertake a job he has never wanted. Yet obvious curses can be hidden blessings, for Fine realizes his job is more than just to serve Celestia. He must find a way... to end her.

  • ...
27
 295
 1,734
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 8 )

7417096 I wouldn't call it a Trixie win: it took the Bearer's of Harmony, aided by the Order of Shadows, to unleash Celestia of Light, who together with Trixie's aid took down Shadow Celestia.

On that note, I'd say my favorite PA developed character has been Princess Celestia. There's this cross story lore that's really interesting to think about when strung together. Such as this: Shadow Celestia wiped out the Changelings three hundred some years into her autonomous rule. We know this as lore in TvE, OoS, and Inferno. This is also a deed that is established in What is Missing, What is Lost, one of the atrocities revealed to Twilight.
So here's the suspicion: Twilight Sparkle failed to locate the other Princesses in Tyrant, because Celestia occupies a unique circle of Tartarus for committing near genocide of the Changelings. Luna and Cadence are simply locked in with Celestia.
Were the Changelings pushed to near extinction in Gentle Nights: AoO as well, now Celestia's extra sensitivity towards Luna seem more acute, as Celestia doesn't have the capacity to forgive Luna sincerely; the 'seventh element' was lost after the war.
Which brings us back to the top. Shadow Celestia doesn't just imprison her light half, but also banished/destroyed the Element of Forgiveness... unless that was going to be Sunset Shimmer, who is.. well... toast. There may never be one in this world again... ah, speculation.

Anywho, across the spectrum, Princess Celestia has been my favorite in the cross lore of PaulAsaran's library. Looking forward to future Sunbutt story involvement. :trollestia:

7475829 If you do, make sure you buy the three novella prequels to go with it! You can buy them as a whole book.

I can't wait to read Surprise's book ;-;

Also what happened to Keen Arrow in this universe? :V I hope she's doing okay...

How much did the cover art cost?

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

8052888
It took me some digging, but I found it. At the time, Eosphorite charged $80 for an illustration plus $15 per extra character, so it ran me $140. But bear in mind, his prices may have changed since 2015.

...makes me wish I had that kind of money to blow again.

8056776

I couldn't agree more with you on this. :twilightsmile:

8434379

That depends are you going to be a bit more clear about it in upcomming chapters, if not then please explain. :twilightsmile:

PaulAsaran
Site Blogger

8434458
Nah, it's something meant to be understood given the context. And really, ignoring Fine Crime there's only one stallion actually in the Order at this point in time, so by process of elimination...

Also, there's no reason Gulfstream can't be loyal to the Nightmare and still be fond/protective of Fine Crime.

Login or register to comment