• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 5,706 Views, 257 Comments

Black Equinox - J-Dude



Twilight Sparkle knows tragedy, as two Everfree travelers have woken dark forces beneath the Earth.

Comments ( 14 )

...Holy crap

That was fucking amazing. The fight scenes just played out spectacularly and the interactions between Mandeville and Twilight were some of the best of the story. Kinda find it hilarious how he goes on about the Einstein-Rosen bridge, and then Twilight just blows it up in front of him. I think best bit was when the battleship just crashes and he's just like 'God Dammit!' only to get sneak attacked by Twilight. Man he is gonna be pissed next chapter. Memories of his mother brought up and now Alicorn twilight. Shit is about to go down!

:yay: yay

That's all I've got.

Well that was one hell of a chapter... The real question though, does this add one or two deaths to the Twilight-Kill-Count, (the number of had seemed to have been killed in this story,) and what does that bring the total to?

Well, that was an amazing chapter! What with the fight scenes, dialouge and description, I can easily say this was one of my favorite chapters. The only real flaw I can think of right away is how quickly Twilight destroyed the Einstein-Rosen bridge. I mean, you would think Mandeville would put something up to protect it. Other than that though it was a great chapter over all.
Oh, I hope Twilight doesn't just curb stomp Mandeville in the next chapter...

I actually screamed out loud like a madman after I read this. The fact that a goddamn piece of fan fiction could make me this excited just goes to show that you've got some real talent, good sir. :rainbowkiss:

Ho. Leee. Crap. I can't wait for the next chapter, or the animation you're promising.

What the heck happened to Corey during the battle, though? He just kind of...disappeared halfway through after getting knocked down one more time.

5745038 Suit yourself. I knew going in that Chapter 10 would be a stress test for readers, but you should know: not everything at the chapter's end is as it seems. Maybe give Chapter 11 a shot, and see if you feel any better about continuing. Just a thought :ajsmug:

Sweet Celestia that chapter was damn amazing! The smackdown is really going to get kicked up another notch next chapter, and I really like how Mandeville has now lost all means of controlling the Sun...forever. Take that bitch! :rainbowdetermined2:

I more than definitely look forward to the next chapter!



~ Super-Brony12

I've been putting off reading this story for forever. Not that I wasn't interested in it, but others just kept pushing it aside. I think I'm glad it turned out that way because if I couldn't have binge-read through those heavy middle chapters I don't think I would have been able to deal with it. Now I'm jumping on so close to the end and the emotional high is so intense and I'm absolutely pumped to see how it concludes.

I've been following the posts about this story for so long but I've been putting off reading it because I don't like to read stories until they're completed. Please finish this! It sounds really interesting from what I've been reading in the comments. I don't like to read stories until they're complete any more because I've been burned so many times where I'll get really into a story and all of a sudden the writer will just stop and abandon it. It really angers me when that happens so I hope to see this story get to done soon so I can read it! I have it favorited so I can keep checking back on it. It sounds amazing!

Comment posted by Vigilante2470 deleted Sep 2nd, 2016

7462618 Posts like this excite me, and make me feel particularly guilty that it's all taken this long.
A lot of it I don't have a great excuse for, but otherwise my life has gotten more complicated, and I've been distracted between a dozen other pursuits and projects, and more or less I've been getting lazy...
Not helping things is that while most of the finale chapter has been written, I realized later than I'd have liked that a lot of the dialogue choices and events I'd included were filling out a vision I had for the sequence in a specific respect... but were coming off too heavily and spoiling the climactic tone and momentum I'd been building... so I have to go back and do a lot of tweaking to create an effective balance.
Aaaand, I want to close us out with a voiced animation... I've concluded that it be less ambitious than I originally intended, but it's necessary. I can't put this to bed without the scene I've envisioned being something you can watch and experience at the same instant you can read it at last. I won't compromise on that.
But I can promise nobody is getting burned here. I haven't quit, there's no sense leaving this to rot, and I AM proud of what I've written here. I'm just needlessly deliberate...

I hope this gets updates soon.

Please release a new chapter soon.

Login or register to comment