• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,673 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,673

PreviousChapters Next
L42

Sweetie watched the clock tick over to 12:01, and sighed. It was a very important day, her birthday, and nopony would know without her telling them. A part of Sweetie didn’t want to tell them. Closing her eyes, she hugged herself on the bed. Why was she here? Why did Starswirl refuse to share the exit?

Discord’s words blended together, and Sweetie knew that even if Discord was telling the truth, it changed nothing. She was trapped in this new reality, and there was no escape. Sweetie knew she could not get out under her own power, so she was at the mercy of the spell. But there was another thought that was dragging her down.

Apple Boom, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, four names that would avoid her unless she provided proof she was looping, or convinced them to ignore the feeling. Sweetie supposed when she got strong enough, she could simply cast the same spell Twilight used except on them. But what was the point, it didn’t change the fact of what she’d done.

Sweetie hugged herself tighter, trying to push the dark thoughts in her head aside. But they refused to leave, only growing stronger as she remembered the feeling of suffocating. Sweetie stood up on her bed, and sighed. Leaping down onto the floor, she felt something familiar stir in her heart.

Sweetie was tempted to ignore it, ignore her innermost desires. After all, there was no point to it, her voice would be erased in five days. Sweetie looked around her room, toward the empty bird cage, and made her decision. Letting her inner song take her, Sweetie approached the window, and opened it. Letting the notes weave through the air, the song strummed the air around her.

“I have changed, I have changed“ Sweetie closed her eyes.

“Just like you, just like you“ Sweetie opened them once more.

“For how long? For how long, must I wait? I know there's something wrong“ Sweetie leaned further out the window.

“Your concrete heart isn't beating. And you've tried to, make it come alive“ Sweetie stepped back.

“No shadows. Just red lights.“ Sweetie jumped.

“Now I'm here to rescue you.” Sweetie landed masterfully, taking care to roll as she came to a stop. Turning, she lit her horn, casting light on the area around her.

“Ooh I'm still alive, I'm still alive I cannot apologize, no.” Sweetie began to walk down the street, looking at the dark houses.

“Ooh I'm still alive, I'm still alive I cannot apologize, no.“ Sweetie closed her eyes.

“So silent, No violence.” Opening her eyes, she looked to the sky.

“But inside my head, So loud and clear.” Sweetie stopped walking, letting a tear roll down her cheek.

“You're screaming, you're screaming! Covered up with a smile I've learned to fear.” Sweetie lowered her head.

“Just sunshine, and blue sky.” Sweetie started walking again.

“Is this all we get for living here?“ Sweetie closed her eyes.

“Come fire, Come fire. Let it burn and love come racing through.” Sweetie opened her eyes, looking toward the ground as rain began to fall.

“Ooh I'm still alive. I'm still alive I cannot apologize, no -oh ooh.” Sweetie gritted her teeth, holding back her own tears.

“Ooh I'm still alive. I'm still alive I cannot apologize, no.” Sweetie stopped walking, and sat down on the wet ground.

“I've learned to lose. I've learned to win.” Sweetie slowly opened her eyes.

“I've turned my face against the wind.’ Sweetie looked up as the wind blew through her mane.

“I will move fast, I will move slow.” Sweetie stood up.

“Take me where I have to go.” Breaking into a run, houses blurred as Sweetie passed.

“Ooh I'm still alive. I'm still alive I cannot apologize, no.” Sweetie tripped, falling to the ground, sliding along it.

“Still alive.”

“Ooh I'm still alive. I'm still alive I cannot apologize, no.” Sweetie hugged herself in the rain.

“Still alive.” Sweetie sobbed.

PreviousChapters Next