• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,673 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,673

PreviousChapters Next
L15.1 Operation Coronation

“Sweetie? What are you doing here?” Twilight tilted her head as the filly entered the castle. Giving a warm smile in greeting, she quickly read the piece of paper handed to her. Eyes widening, she couldn’t deny the truth in front of her.

“I skipped school to come talk to you. May I speak?” Sweetie paused and waited. Twilight eventually gave a nod.

“I want to send a message to Princess Celestia, and I want you to cast that spell to give me wings. I have a prank I need your help with.” Sweetie paused, and pulled out two letters, and a photo.

“You want my help. With a prank.” Twilight narrowed her eyes at Sweetie, who nodded. Twilight took the letters and skimmed them over. The first was written in what looked like golden light, and was illegible, the second briefly went over Sweetie’s plan.

“Alright, I’m in, let me go get Spike.” Twilight took the letters and turned. Sweetie followed behind as they found Spike. After sending off the letters, Sweetie smiled as a letter came back almost instantly. Opening it, Sweetie burst out laughing. Twilight leaned over curiously, and fell backwards as she began to laugh too.

“Time for school.” Sweetie hummed cheerfully as Twilight began to cast the spell to give her wings. Sweetie flexed them for a moment, and nodded. Smiling, she waved goodbye to Twilight, and skipped out of the house.


Sweetie strode purposely into class, acting as regal as she could. Sitting down, she tilted her nose upward. Soon enough, class was interrupted by the sounds of trumpets as a guard announced the arrival of Princess Celestia. Sweetie smiled warmly, and Celestia bowed toward her.

“Apologies for the interruption, but Princess Sweetie Belle is late for her coronation.” Celestia smiled warmly at the students as all stared open mouthed. Sweetie stood up and strode slowly toward Celestia. Leaning down, Celestia whispered gently into the filly’s ear.

“That’s good, slow and purposefully. Make sure to keep your wings open too.” Celestia raised her head, and Sweetie Belle levitated out the tickets, handing them to Cheerilee.

“Here are the tickets to attend the event. These are front row seats, so you shall be able to see your friend receive her crown tomorrow. If that is all, we must take our leave I’m afraid.” Celestia bowed her head, and Cheerilee mutely nodded. Sweetie followed Celestia out, taking her advice while trying to keep up with the tall Alicorn.

Sweetie looked from the corner of her eyes as she watched the many faces from the window. Stepping onto the chariot next to Princess Luna, who gave a warm, but confused, smile. Celestia sat down on Sweetie’s other side, and they took into the air, heading for Canterlot.

“Tia, you didn’t get a young filly in on this charade of yours did you?” Luna narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Celestia who raised an eyebrow in response.

“That is exactly what you said when Twilight ascended. Why must you be so skeptical of me sister?” Celestia was a master of acting, glancing down and letting her eyes close. Sweetie almost fell for it, but she quickly remembered who she was for this loop, and decided to glance toward Luna in annoyance.

“Very well sister, I shall concede. But do not think me fooled.” Luna glanced down, meeting Sweetie's eyes knowingly. Sweetie blinked and felt a shiver pass through her. For a small moment, Sweetie wondered just what kind of fire she was playing with. With no clue what danger she was in, Sweetie decided to follow Celestia’s lead, and lapse into regal silence.


“These are your chambers for now. We apologise for the plain garments, but we were not expecting another Alicorn to pop up.” The maid bowed, and Sweetie lowered her head slightly, bowing only barely. That was another lesson from Celestia. Bow, but never as low as others.

“This is adequate, thank you.” Sweetie smiled warmly as the maid bowed, and left. Sweetie leapt onto her bed and squeed as quietly as she could. Wings buzzing, she lifted off the ground and twirled around her room.

THIS IS SO AWESOME! I am definitely doing this again one loop.’ Sweetie landed and bounced around the room, a bundle of energy. Sweetie only stopped when a knock at the door sounded, and she quickly prepared herself to act regally again.

“You may enter,” she spoke. It was Celestia and Twilight, Sweetie relaxed. Giggling, she leapt toward them and bounced around them.

“Thank you for this Princess Celestia, Twilight. This is so AWESOME!” Sweetie flew into the air and twirled around, enjoying every moment. Twilight and Celestia smiled warmly.

“So, here’s our plan for Operation Coronation.” Twilight pulled out a blue piece of paper that held some blueprints. Sweetie landed and walked over, looking at it.

“Oh, that is eeevil.” Sweetie smirked, feeling shivers of sadistic glee pass through her. These two were turning out to be great prank masters. Sweetie needed to use them to plan loop pranks one day, this was a perfect plan.

“We knew you’d like it. But that’s only part one.” Twilight smirked as she brought out a second blueprint. Sweetie looked at it, and smiled in perverse pleasure.

“Wow, you two are truly evil. I love it!” Sweetie smiled, and they began to nail down the specifics of the plan. After all, a plan this evil deserved perfection.


Sweetie looked out the window, smirking evilly as she thought about the plan. It all hinged on Luna’s suspicions of this being a prank. Sweetie yawned and settled into bed. Sure enough, Celestia’s spell informed her Luna was indeed watching her dream. That meant it was time to set the plan into motion.

”Mwahahaha Burn!” Nightmare Bells flew over the town of Ponyville, deafening them with flaming bells that sung high pitched notes. Each one of the residents cried out in terror. Nightmare Bells smiled in pleasure. Raising a hoof, she called up a golden note, and smashed it into the town hall.

“Sweetie Belle, wake up, this is a nightmare.” Nightmare Bells turned and looked sourly at Luna as she vanished back into a Unicorn filly with wings.

“I’m sorry, I just.” Sweetie looked down, lip quivering as she pretended to be mortified by her actions. Curling into a ball, she shivered until two midnight wings curled around her. Being brought into a hug, Luna smiled softly at Sweetie.

“It is fine, we understand your torment. For it was once ours. Rest assured you will never fall like we once did.” Luna smiled warmly, and Sweetie forced herself to cry, breaking into sobs.

“But what if I’m a bad Princess? I mean why was I made a princess? I don’t understand what my Mark has to do with being an Alicorn.” Sweetie sobbed into Luna, who gently patted the filly’s back.

“There there Sweetie Belle, thou were chosen for a reason. We do not know the reason, but assuredly fate will reveal it in time.” Luna sighed, looking toward the sun in the sky. As Sweetie cried into her, there was no doubting it. Obviously Celestia was not pulling a prank.

Or if she was, she was going all out.

Luna shook her head, remembering she was currently comforting somepony. However, it seemed Sweetie was already recovering. Wiping away her tears, she smiled warmly at Luna.

“T-Thank you.” Sweetie waved goodbye as Luna politely excused herself, and turned toward her frozen dream. Pausing for a moment, she quickly changed it into a dream about being a dragon. Sweetie leapt back into her dream, losing her lucidity a moment later.

Author's Note:

Spelling on letters is bad because I didn't spellcheck. Apologies.

PreviousChapters Next