• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,668 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,668

PreviousChapters Next
L60

Sweetie stepped onto the path leading into the Everfree, following the forest to the old Castle. While it was still barely a path at all and more a break in the treeline that was thick around her, Sweetie could see the signs of recent trips. Twilight had said they had been coming here more often recently. Of course, that was before the Loops had begun.

Walking along the path, Sweetie wondered what she would find once she arrived. Sure, she could go down to the Elements immediately, but this was a chance to explore the Castle. Besides, most of the experiments she wanted to do couldn’t happen until Friday. Logically, considering her failed attempt to explore last time, she should be less inclined to explore.

“And yet,” she sighed, “I want to at least try to explore it. I’ll try to stay away from the hallway I went down last time.” Not only that, Sweetie was certain she could teleport out. So it was a lot safer in general. There was also the fact that there was someone in the Loop with her. If she did get stuck in a room, and then get stuck in a Death Loop, it was likely this thing would bail her out. Considering the fact-

Sweetie jumped as a bird caww’ed from a tree, and she whimpered, cowering in fear for a moment. Breathing out in relief as nothing appeared, Sweetie shook herself over. Starting to walk again, she glanced toward the edges of the path nervously.

“Relax Sweetie, it’s nothing. This is just a forest oversaturated with magic. Yes, just like Twilight said.” Trying desperately to believe her lie, she continued mumbling to herself as she finally reached the bridge. Looking down, she saw the path leading to the elements. Debating her choice, she slowly leaned her head back toward the castle, and continued over the bridge.

“No,” she spoke, pausing and closing her eyes. Turning around, she decided to just head directly for the Elements. Sweetie had been trying to resist going there first, leave a little mystery for the end of the Loop, and had failed to do so. Walking down the path, she entered the cave, and looked up at the glowing tree.

The Tree of Harmony was beautiful, crystal leaves growing around it and the glow of the Elements shining brightly. Sweetie slowly stepped forward, awed by them. Reaching out, she stood on the tip of her hooves, and touched the lowest one.

Nothing happened.

“Well, I guess that was asking for a little too much.” Smiling, Sweetie chuckled and shook her head as she found a place to set up camp nearby. Settling into her tent, she snuggled up in a blanket, and looked upon the tree.


After trying for a few days, Sweetie was certain she couldn’t get them out. Hindsight told her Twilight might have been able to, but Sweetie doubted that would affect her experiment at all. After all, in the tree or outside of it, the Elements would react the same.

’I hope everypony will be ok.’ Glancing toward the exit, Sweetie couldn’t deny what she was doing might very well kill ponies. But at this point, it was her final option. Stepping out of her tent, Sweetie left everything but the essentials inside it, ensuring her saddlebags could hold it all. Sweetie was sure the tent would Loop, but it didn’t hurt to be sure.

Watching her clock tick down, Sweetie breathed in, turning her attention to the Tree. Time ticked down, closer and closer, and finally, it was time. Leaning forward, Sweetie watched the tree intently, everything fading out of view around her.

11.59…

Sweetie’s eyes widened as magic curled around her, and she was slammed into her tent, it zipping up just as her clock ticked over.

12.00!

“No!” Strained, she thrust her tent open and looked around frantically. But she was alone. There was nothing out of place, no change, nada. Collapsing to the floor, she allowed her gaze to follow the cave wall, rising up to look at the roof. Blank faced, without emotion, she let a single tear fall.

“If you won’t let me do this either, just what will you let me do?” A roar sounded in the distance, and Sweetie turned. Watching without care, Sweetie followed the trail of destruction as it began to head in her direction. After a moment a Chimera appeared, breathing fire on a pack of fleeing Timberwolves. All were heading in her general direction. The Chimera had a snake tail, a goat head, and a panther body.

Considering her current location, and her knowledge of magic, even while learned through hard practice, Sweetie was certain she could flee before they spotted her. But some part of her wanted to placate a part of her that was...curious. Filly vs Everfree, who would win?

Standing up, Sweetie called upon her magic to begin channeling the spells she had been practicing, taken from a book that was so complicated, Sweetie hadn’t even begun to understand the very last spell about summoning a chicken. And yet, Sweetie felt a smile fall on her face as she took a battle stance.

Bring it on Everfree, her body spoke.

And the Everfree answered.

Author's Note:

40

PreviousChapters Next