• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,671 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,671

PreviousChapters Next
L18.2

Sweetie yawned, eyes blinking open, and looked over to the open cage where her new pet Phoenix rested peacefully. Opening the window, Sweetie shivered as a cold breeze rushed into the room. Standing up, Sweetie carefully checked her bags, and trotted downstairs.

And came face to face with Celestia.

“Uh, Good morning Celestia.” Sweetie bowed lightly, seeing the amused look on Celestia’s face. Bowing in return, Celestia began to speak. Sweetie glanced behind her, seeing Luna holding something in her magic.

“I hope you don’t mind, but I brought my version of Philomena. I need to know how stable our looping selves will be. There is a possibility it could end badly, but Philomena has agreed to take the risk.” Celestia looked toward the second Phoenix, who bowed her head slightly.

“But, what if it does end badly?” Sweetie bit her lip and looked between the two. Surely they weren’t going to take such a big risk, right? Celestia bowed her head and smiled serenely.

“We would never do it without your consent. We just wanted to present it as an option. Guard, take Philomena back to Canterlot.” Celestia turned, and Luna gave the cage to a guard, who saluted, and walked out of the door. Sweetie sighed, smiling.

“Thank you, I really don’t want to see…” Trailing off, Sweetie shuddered. Surprisingly, Opal walked over and gently rubbed against Sweetie’s leg, before skulking away once more. Sweetie watched the cat go, wondering just where that small show of affection came from.

“The reason we needed to speak to you in person is due to a request we have. Before that, can you confirm it stopped draining once a full minute had passed?” Celestia folded her wings as Sweetie nodded.

“That is indeed news. For, while we may not be immortal, we are very long lived. It is possible we may be able to survive the drain. For how many loops, I do not know. It is possible the magic will not detect our link, and drain only my body of magic, rendering my 'immortality' useless. By that I mean my body will die, but my soul and mind will still be alive, now a part of the sun.” Celestia paused, and bowed her head.

“Again, we will not go ahead without your consent.” Luna stepped forward, and the two looked at Sweetie. Gulping, Sweetie debated the problem, before once more shaking her head.

“No, I just-I can’t it-just no. Sorry.” Sweetie’s ears flopped back and she looked toward the ground. Two sets of Alicorn wings enveloped her, and she smiled sadly.

“Do not apologise, we are merely running the ideas by you. There is one more we must mention.” Luna and Celestia stepped back, and Sweetie raised her head.

“If we cut off our magic, or give it to you, we may be able to fool the spell into thinking we aren’t alive. However, it might detect us like it did the tree due to the fact our bodies would still contain minute amounts of magic, which is why we present this third option.” Celestia flared her wings, and Luna continued.

“If we use a spell to cause us to technically die for five minutes, we should be able to completely remove all magic from our systems. However, this poses a risk due to the fact that if you can’t power the spell to restart our hearts, we will die. Even if the spell drains the magic from our dead bodies, the moment we are back alive we will quickly regain our magic.” Luna looked toward Celestia, who nodded.

“No,” replied Sweetie, shaking her head.

"It’s too risky, I have very bad luck, and I’m not very good at magic.” Sweetie bit her lip and looked away. Relying on her skill would not end well. The fact she was terrible at cooking proved that. Still, at least she was making slow improvement with each dish and Rarity’s advice.

“Then we will respect your decision.” Celestia bowed her head, and Luna smiled. Feeling relieved she wasn’t being forced into it, Sweetie smiled.

“Here is a letter to ourselves about these results in case we bring it up again.” Celestia held out a note covered in golden moonlight. Sweetie tilted her head, this was new. It must be a combination of both translation magics.

“Anyway, is there anything else you wanted?” Sweetie followed Celestia and Luna as they walked out the door.

“Essentially yes. I also wished to ask if you have gone through the archives of Starswirl. I assume I have already shown them to you, yes?” Celestia looked down as Sweetie nodded.

“Most of it yes, a few of them are pretty hard to understand, but Twilight translated them from book-smart into plain Equestrian for me. It’s the final pages that really confuse me. So I took a copy of them. I think once I know more about how this loop works, they’ll make more sense.” Sweetie smiled warmly as the two slowly walked over to the carriage where the cage had already been sat down.

Sweetie turned and looked toward her window as her Philomena flew out of it, circled around in the air, and dived for the cage. Landing on it, both Phoenixes looked at each other, and touched beaks. Sweetie flinched and closed her eyes. However, nothing happened.

“Well, at least we know that duplicates can meet and touch now.” Celestia raised a hoof, Sweetie’s Philomena hopping onto it and crooning happily. Thrusting her hoof upward, Philomena took into the air, and flew toward the Everfree. Celestia and Luna sat down in the carriage.

“But-Shouldn’t there have been a paradox?” Sweetie tilted her head, and Luna chuckled.

“Do not worry Sweetie, it’s just physics. Ask Twilight about it.” Luna chuckled as Sweetie winced. Waving goodbye, Sweetie watched the two princesses leave. Sweetie supposed she shouldn’t be surprised they were having some fun with their outing. But did they really have to show up in a banana carriage?

Not only that, why did Celestia grant life to a dozen bananas, and give them wings? Sweetie shook her head, knowing if she knew the answer to that question, she’d be that much closer to getting out of the loop. After all, the meaning of life, the universe, of everything, was 42. And 42 divided by banana equaled Celestia.

Sweetie shook her head, clearing whatever crazy cloud of thought had consumed it instantly. Boredom, she presumed.

Author's Note:

This chapter was bought to you by the number:

Here is another poem made by: Divine Path

To still wander lost through the gloomy shade,
surely you must find it now?
The end of such lies,
resting peacefully,
ready to escape
such a fantastically miserable nightmare.

PreviousChapters Next