• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,669 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,669

PreviousChapters Next
L11.3

Sweetie was annoyed.

Sure, that in itself was not that strange, but the situation she was in was now was. When Twilight had said ‘experiments’, Sweetie had thought she meant the evil genius kind. Instead, Sweetie was sitting in a chair, stuffed into many different things which were apparently measuring everything.

“Are you sure I said I found nothing? Maybe I said ‘something’.” Twilight was currently going over data that looked like squiggly lines. Sweetie growled in annoyance again, and shifted under the restraints. Really, Twilight had asked that nine times already.

“Twilight, are you going to keep looping on me, or are you going to try something different?” Sweetie glared as Twilight sheepishly smiled. Finally, Sweetie was allowed to leave the device, and she cracked her joints, giving a sigh of relief. Sweetie was used to sitting still for Rarity, but there were limits.

“Alright, here’s a copy of my notes. Hopefully I’ll be able to use them to further this next loop. Is there anything you want to do before you head back home?” Twilight held out a cup of water, which Sweetie gratefully drank. Nodding, she pulled out the book Twilight had given her yesterday.

“Actually, I was wondering if you could help me with the calendar spell. I’m having trouble telling what day it’s saying. I think it might be because of the loop.” Sweetie opened to the bookmark showing the spell, and Twilight mused for a moment. Sweetie concentrated, letting the paper plane drop, and cast the spell.

“See, right now it’s telling me it’s Monday.” Sweetie shook off the spell, and levitated the paper plane back up once more. Twilight blinked, and then face-hoofed.

“Of course, I forgot you don’t have weekends. Here, let me quickly fix that.” Twilight levitated the book up and scratched out the spell, writing the proper one. Sweetie took the book back and tried the spell again, this time it had the correct day. Sweetie nodded once and put the book back in her saddlebags, giving a smile.

“Just remember that spell won’t be able to help you tell if you’re out of the loop. It’s pretty reliable through. Let’s say you suddenly jump back to the start of a loop, it will detect that. Well, should.” Twilight put a hoof to her chin and mused for a moment. Sweetie nodded, and turned to head out the door.

“Thanks again, see ya Twilight.”


“Goodmorning Sweetie Belle.” Rarity smiled as her sister sat down at the table. At first, she had considered making pancakes, but remember that Sweetie would be having them every week. If possible, she would have to leave herself a note with a list of foods Sweetie might like.

“Mmmn?” Sweetie yawned, looking toward the box on the table. Rarity smiled as she leaned over the stove, cooking eggs. Behind her back, she heard the lid slowly being opened, and a gasp of surprise. There was a sudden charging of feet, and Rarity turned just as the small form leapt toward her.

“Thank you!” Sweetie had the doll in her magic. It was perfect, fluffy and yet recognisable as Opal. It even had the irritated, but loving, stare Opal reserved for Sweetie. Pulling the doll out of Sweetie’s magic, Rarity held it out as she looked her sister gently in the eyes.

“This is my gift to you. Something small which can go with you into loops when I’m not aware of it. If you ever get sad, or lonely, remember Opal is here to be annoyed with you for whatever reason.” Rarity chuckled as Sweetie hugged the toy, eyes moist, and smiled at the thought. As if on cue, Opal walked past the kitchen, and glared at them before moving on.

“Knock knock!” Twilight walked into the boutique, and both Rarity and Sweetie walked out to greet her. Smiling, Twilight held a small potted plant, and a bottle of milk in her magic.

“Sweetie Belle, I’ve been thinking how to nail down the specifics of the loop, and I’ve hit an idea. See, trees have a very small magical signature, but milk doesn’t. However, milk does expire, so if the milk expires and the tree grows, we know it is actually aging things around you. If the milk doesn’t expire and the tree grows, we know it’s only affecting things with a magical signature, eg: ponies.”

“Alright.” Sweetie had to admit; that was a LOT smarter than what her test had been. It made her feel very stupid for deciding to do what she had done that night. Levitating the items over, Sweetie grunted, dropping the paper plane. That plant was heavy. Sweetie turned, and slowly walked upstairs to her room.

“Are you planning on going to school?” Twilight tilted her head as Sweetie winced, and put the two items in her room, wiping the sweat off her forehead. Turning, Sweetie scratched the back of her head.

“I was kinda hoping not to. I could really use a break.” Sweetie looked to Rarity as she peeked her head into the room and smiled.

“Of course Sweetie.”


Friday night came around all too soon, and Sweetie waited on her bed as Rarity came over to give a final hug.

“Remember Sweetie, Opal is there if you ever need a hug, as am I.” Rarity felt the shudders as her sister began to cry, and held her as she let out one final tearful goodbye for this loop’s Rarity. In a way, Rarity would be dying from Sweetie’s view, fading and being replaced by someone exactly the same, except a week in the past.

“Goodbye dear sister.” Rarity stepped out the door, and looked back at Sweetie. Sniffing back her tears, Sweetie forced a smile onto her face as she waved goodbye, Opal hugged to her chest. Rarity turned, and headed to her room. The clock ticked forward, and Sweetie turned her attention toward the tree and milk. Placing the tree down, she poured a bit of milk into a cup, and placed it on the other side of her room.

11:59…

12:00.

The tree exploded upwards, punching a hole through the roof. Sweetie watched as some sort of illness passed over the tree, and it toppled over, causing the hole to slide down her wall and nearly level the building. Sweetie waited as the tree’s roots shriveled up, and then the tree rotted away, leaving nothing.

Looking toward the milk, it had spilled over her carpet, but a small bit remained in the glass. Sweetie picked it up and let it drop onto her hoof, and roll down back into the carpet. It was still milk. Which meant Twilight was right. Sweetie turned her head as Rarity leapt into the room.

“Read this,” Sweetie spoke, holding out the note. Rarity quickly read it and paled. Sweetie folded it up and returned it to her saddlebags. After a moment, Rarity blinked and looked toward the damage.

“I’m...going to need some time to...come to terms with this...development.” Rarity turned, and walked robotically back to bed. Sweetie sighed, and looked toward the damage.

Author's Note:

For those who need a visual guide:

Blue X is SB
Red is glass of milk
Big green bad attempt at square is where the tree fell.
Window is beside the bed \/ ways.

Here is another poem made by: Divine Path

Living this tragedy, a fantastic view;
staggering, falling,
never into a world new.
Perhaps you will seek and find,
when the darkness grows bleak and the nightmares dim,
the true creature which this charade is behind,
the outrageous behalf of this treacherous sin?

PreviousChapters Next