• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,667 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,667

PreviousChapters Next
-

“And that, my little fillies, is how I got my Cutie Mark.” Smiling, Sweetie looked down at the three fillies, looking at her with amazement. The two girls were sporting red bows, a gift from their mother. The colt on the other hand, was dressed in a backwards cap, and his wings buzzed with excitement.

“But Miss Belle...If this happened when my mum wasn’t even born yet, how are you still alive?” The buttercup filly scrunched up her face, confused. Chuckling, Sweetie used her magic to gently push them closer as she leaned down.

“In truth,” she admitted. “I should have realised Discord was lying. I guess the news was so much a relief I didn’t detect it.” Shrugging, Sweetie straightened up once more, giving the three an amused smile. Outside, screams of enjoyment could be heard as the flying pig races exited the Discordic Portal.

“Wait, if you got your Mark during that one Loop, why’d you tell us the entire thing?” The colt frowned, and the bright orange filly pointed a hoof in accusation.

“Yeah! We coulda been flyin in Discord’s race if ya hada left it ta one Loop!” Sharing nods, the three folded their arms, annoyed with Sweetie. Shaking her head, she slouched slightly on her throne, swishing her tail and sending the three spinning around in the air.

“Come now, do you realise how boring that would have been?” Smirking as they both cried out in annoyance, Sweetie swished her tail, letting them plop gently back to the floor. Their glares full of mirth, she launched into a full fledged laugh. Sighing, the three turned, skulking away.

“She’s useless, let’s go bother Lightyear. I hear Princess Twilight finally let him off his studies.” After the three turned the corner, Sweetie pulled out a list, and began looking it over. Each page had a picture of a filly or colt, a background, and what their personality was like.

Musing over the current page, she looked to the list of activities the pony had tried, before writing down a few ideas they had yet to. If none of those worked, she’d have to make a personal trip down and see the pony.

“Excuse me, Miss Belle?” Glancing away from the papers, Sweetie was surprised to see the colt from earlier, drawing a circle in the ground

“Call me Sweetie, our families are friends after all, Clipwing.” Giving the nervous colt a gentle smile, Sweetie watched as he mustered the courage to ask his question.

“Umm, well, I was, well, wondering if you-You see I uh. H-How did you put up with it?” Glancing to her, the colt looked to the floor and bit his lip. Placing the paper down, Sweetie got low to the ground, placing a hoof under the colt’s chin, and forcing their eyes to meet.

“What’s wrong,” she spoke sternly, but softly. Clipwing’s eyes clenched closed, and a single tear escaped. Without a second thought, Sweetie brought him into a hug.

“I-It’s just. What if these exercises never work, and I’m flightless just like-And what if I get a mark that represents it, how do I-” Dissolving into sobs, Sweetie gently brushed Clipwing’s mane, letting him calm down. Finally, Sweetie released him, and brought his chin up once more.

“You are such a kind and caring colt Clipwing. Don’t ever think that one single thing defines you. A Cutie Mark won’t change you, it simply completes you. It won’t appear until you realise what that very thing is. Take my story to heart, and remember that as long as you continue to put one hoof in front of the other, you’ll find it.” Bringing the colt into a hug, Sweetie smiled sadly.

“I know you think you might be flightless, and I can’t say for certain if you are or not. But don’t let it be the focus of your life. Find a new goal. I can’t tell you what to find, because that would be cheating, but I can give you a nudge in the right direction.” Releasing the colt, Sweetie used a spell to dry his eyes, and made sure there was no sign he had been crying.

“Close your eyes,” she spoke, and began nudging him along with her magic as he did so. Following him out, Sweetie slowly led him toward the finish line of the flying pig races, where a filly was currently being cared for by a nurse.

“Open your eyes.” Sweetie stepped back as Clipwing did so, and noticed the hurt filly before anything else. Rushing over, he tried to help out without thinking about it. Walking away, Sweetie smiled, closing her eyes and letting a breath out. All it took was a careful nudge in some cases, she smiled.

“Discord?” As she spoke, the Draconequus slowly swam over, hoving beside her as she walked.

“Yes, Chickenlord?” Sniggering, both shared a good natured smile, enjoying each others company. Looking to Discord, Sweetie’s smile grew slightly malicious.

“Let’s go eat Lightyear’s homework. In front of Twilight.”

Author's Note:

And thus, we reach the final poem by Divine Path.

A tale of time and shadow past
has come to an end,
now alive with splendour.
Forever in peace,
in this pleasant warmth
of friendship.

PreviousChapters Next