• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,672 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,672

PreviousChapters Next
L58

“Twilight?” Sweetie waited patiently as Twilight looked up from her book. Pulling out the Looping note, Sweetie waited as Twilight read it. After a moment, she pulled out Twilight’s notes, and then pulled out a picture Sweetie drew of herself. Finally, Sweetie pulled out a blank piece of paper.

“I was wondering, is it possible to make two of me?” As if to demonstrate, Sweetie duplicated her drawing onto the blank piece of paper. Twilight put a hoof to her chin, considering it.

“Sweetie, no offense, but your artistic skill is worse than your magic.” Twilight nodded once to herself, confirming it. Sweetie blinked, flapping the piece of paper as she motioned irritably.

“How exactly am I not supposed to take offense to that?” Sweetie watched, ear twitching, as Twilight opened her mouth to reply, and closed it again. Once more putting a hoof to her chin, she sheepishly smiled.

“Point made. As for the duplication, while I would normally never bring this up, there is the Mirror Pool. Pinkie Pie once used it to make duplicates of herself. I don’t really think it will work. Buut…” Twilight trailed off, pulling out a book and flipping through the pages. Sweetie glanced to the window, opening her mouth to finish the sentence.

“We don’t have many options left at this point.” Sweetie sighed, closing her eyes as she rubbed a hoof on her drawing. Sweetie had thought she was pretty good at arts and crafts. Another thing, she supposed, she was apparently not very good at. At the very least, Twilight’s lessons proved that even if she wasn’t any good at it, she could overcome it with practice.

“Alright, I can take you to the pool now. I was just getting the coordinates.” Twilight gently closed the book, placing it down as she smiled at Sweetie. Turning, they both began to make their way out of the town. Twilight, wanting to make smalltalk, decided to ask Sweetie how she was doing.

“To be honest? You don’t want to know. Another strange thing popped up when I awoke after the previous experiment. I’m not sure what it means, but-well.” Sweetie lowered her head, glancing to her Cutie Mark. Twilight followed her gaze, and blinked, according to her notes, there was something new to the Mark. It was still notes shaped in a heart. But now, for no discernible reason, it almost looked like it was more rounded than her diagram.

“I-Uh,” stuttered Twilight, scanning her memories for anything she could say on the matter. Twilight didn’t understand, and a part of her secretly wondered if she wanted to. Closing her eyes, she took a calming breath, and opened them once more. Giving Sweetie her full attention, she looked the filly seriously in the eyes.

“I can’t say I know what’s going on with your Cutie Mark. But I do know that it is likely an effect of this forsaken Loop.” Twilight gritted her teeth, wings flaring as she thought of the thing doing this to poor Sweetie. When Twilight got her hooves on the perp, she would make the damage done to her Treehouse look like child's play in comparison.

“We’re here.” Twilight smiled, glad at the chance to change the conversation. Levitating out Tom, she dumped him to the side, and led Sweetie down to the pool. After a brief discussion, they agreed to only make a single clone. Sweetie breathed in, and approached the pool. Opening her mouth, she repeated the words, and dived into the pool. However, at the same time, she also pulled herself out.

“Hello,” they both spoke in unison. After a moment, one began scuttering about the place, looking for its Cutie Mark. Sweetie raised an eyebrow, looking to the flank, and rubbed her forehead. Was that really how she and the Crusaders sounded? Shaking her head, she caught the clone, and the three left the pool. Twilight dumped Tom back on top, and Sweetie began teaching her clone how to act like a pony.

“Alright, we’re gonna go Twilight. I’ve got a lot of work to do if I want Sweetwo to be more than just a ‘fun’ clone.” Sweetie saw the shudder from Twilight, and smirked. Oh how nice it was to have some blackmail. Disregarding it, she entered her home. Sweetwo close behind. Rarity was currently not home. Twilight had agreed to babysit, but because they both knew Sweetie could take care of herself, she had the house to her lonesome.

“We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders~” Sung Sweetwo, and Sweetie growled in irritation. Just great, she had to get the Crusader clone. Why couldn’t it have been a Twilight clone instead? At least then she might learn something from the exchange, even if it would end in failure. Bringing her clone in, she sat Sweetwo down, and began to give her a crash course in being a pony.

’This is going to be a long week…’ Sweetie felt a headache coming on, and she knew that a shield spell was not going to keep this one away.


“Okay, after a long, long, so very very long week, we have arrived at Friday night.” Sweetie closed her door, but left the window open. Sweetwo was currently playing with the teddy bears in the corner. Sweetie had managed to at least teach the clone how not to be stupid around others, but sadly the clone persisted with it when alone.

“And then they kissed,” hummed Sweetwo, making the two bears kiss. Sweetie’s ears flicked back in anger. Not only that, Sweetwo was getting the pairings completely wrong. Mr Frufflewuzzy went with Miss Snickerdoodle, not Madam Grumphrey. Sweetie turned her attention to the clock, and waited.

11:59…

12:00!

Sweetie watched as Sweetwo blinked, and exploded into a puff, leaving a thin mist in Sweetie’s room. As it escaped through her window, Sweetie reflected on the nature of Mirror Pools and what magic had been at play with her clone.

Finally, Sweetie walked over to her chest, and put her teddy bears back in their rightful pairs.

PreviousChapters Next