• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,696 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,696

PreviousChapters Next
L35

Sweetie stuck her hoof into the jar as the substance got cupped in her hoof, and dragged it out, plopping it into her mouth as she layed on grass. Watching ponies pass by, she dragged her grubby hoof along her white body, feeling pleased as passerby’s looked away in disgust. Sweetie licked her hoof again, and spat out the hairs as she sighed and reached into the jar again.

When the Crusaders had suggested this as a joke loop, she had been expecting it to be a lot more fun. Glancing to her left and right, she could see Diamond watching them with disgust. Surprisingly, Silver Spoon was getting really into it, having a small bath tub dedicated to their chosen substance.

“Sorry Sweetie, I really thought Nutella would be a lot more fun than this.” Scootaloo slapped a hoof on the puddle of Nutella she was sitting in, and Applebloom nodded agreement. Sweetie sighed, standing up, and began casting her spell into the air, causing water to shower onto them. Sweetie bit her lip as she tried to change the flow, and smiled as it went from a single torrent to a spray. Looking at everypony, she watched as they began to clean themselves off.

“Well, there are worse ways to spend a loop,” commented Sweetie as she scrubbed the gunk out of her fur. The others nodded, and lapsed into a casual silence. Finishing up, they tossed the empty jars in a bin, and trotted toward the park. If they were lucky, they might be able to get some serious playtime in before they got called away.

“By the way, why were you scared about those rocks fallin’ on ya in the castle? Wouldn’t ya have just popped back in your room?” Applebloom tilted her head, and winced as Sweetie cringed, falling behind the group as they came to a stop. Sighing, Sweetie closed her eyes, ears flopping back, and opened her mouth.

“Stuff follows me though. When I died the first time off that cliff, the rocks surrounding me when I died appeared in my bedroom. Meaning it would just smoosh the rocks that had smooshed me into the room, leaving me stuck in a death loop.” Sweetie shuddered, remembering her first death loop, glad it was the only one she had experienced.

“Oh,” was all that was said in response. Falling silent once more, everypony’s thoughts were dark and morbid, knowing that what had saved Sweetie wasn’t likely going to ever get out of that like she had the first time. Sweetie suspected there might be a chance it wasn’t a fluke, but did she really want to tempt fate?

“Alright, everypony, let’s form a circle.” Scootaloo ordered everypony to the grass, and they all obeyed with curiosity. Sitting down, Sweetie smiled awkwardly at Diamond, who scratched the back of her head. While they had read their looping notes, Sweetie knew it was always going to be awkward for Diamond to just start being friendly.

“So, tell us, what are the secrets in the looping notes?” Scootaloo beamed a mischievous smile, and Sweetie chuckled, fishing out the notes. It wasn’t like they’d remember it next loop. Besides, Sweetie had been meaning to look through them for a while now. So why not with her friends? Sweetie picked up the first one, and smiled.

“Alright, so before I begin, Celestia’s note speaks about her liking to eat rocks. I don’t know what Luna’s says, so let’s start with Twilight's. ‘To prove this is not a joke, I will say one single item that reminds you of the worst moment of your childhood. Bright pink polka-dot pajamas.” Sweetie blinked, and they all gave a nervous chuckle.

“Alright, now Rarity. ‘I once designed a hat when I was younger that is still making me money today, and I am embarrassed because it uses double stitch instead of triple. But no one went after my redesigned hats.’ That’s Rarity for you.” Sweetie rolled her eyes, and the others bit her lips. Where were all the funny secrets?

“Pinkie Pie, this should be funny. ‘I once killed a pony by making them laugh. I still send flowers to the widow once a year, who has two colts to look after.’ Oh…” Sweetie’s ears flopped back, poor Pinkie, that would have terribly hurt somepony who only wanted to make people smile. Scootaloo dug a hoof around in the ground, saying nothing.

“Rainbow Dash suffers from an anxiety disorder. Fluttershy sometimes has to kill animals to end their misery. Applejack regrets the night she told Applebloom the truth about their parents. Jeez, they’re all so morbid…” Sweetie folded up the letters, and put them back in her saddlebags. Sweetie had a feeling Mr Turner would have a similar note.

“I guess when faced with the reality of what you’re going through, the only thoughts that you can think of are bad ones.” Scootaloo glanced to the others, and they all nodded. Sweetie glanced to their notes, and immediately put them away. All sad, all depressing. Sweetie wished she hadn’t read them now.

“But why was Celestia’s so mundane?” Sweetie was grasping at one odd straw in the bunch, and the others quickly dived onto it as she explained how Celestia had taught her to read it. Sweetie watched as all the other’s considered it, and let her thoughts wander. Was it to do with the age?

“Well, it’s likely she’s desensitized to all the terrible things due to her age.” Silver Spoon held out a hoof as she spoke, offering her solution. Sweetie nodded slowly, it was the most likely. Diamond Tiara looked away, possibly in the direction of her home.

“Or maybe she has seen so much she understood that leaving a depressing note would only make you sad.” Diamond kept her eyes trained on the distance, and Sweetie realised it was toward Canterlot Castle. Sweetie liked Diamond’s suggestion. Not only did it provide a valid excuse, but it showed off Celestia as being wise, which Sweetie knew was true.

“Sweetie Belle!” It was Rarity, time to go home. Sweetie stood up, and waved goodbye to the others as she turned and followed Rarity home. Musing on today’s events, Sweetie supposed it was something she would never really be able to share out of this loop.

“So, did you have fun today?” Rarity smiled warmly at her sister, completely unaware of the loop. Sweetie raised her head and smiled in response, giving a nod. Rarity returned to looking forward, and blinked. Was it just her imagination, but did Sweetie seem more...adult compared to last week?

“I did,” replied Sweetie.

PreviousChapters Next