• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,671 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,671

PreviousChapters Next
L41.2 Operation Eternal Night

Luna sat down on the throne as ponies began to leave, leaving only the elements, one filly, and Celestia in the room. Celestia glanced toward the filly, curious as to why she was still in the room. Twilight motioned with a wing, bringing the filly over. Celestia left it at that, Twilight obviously wanted the filly here for some reason.

“Luna, I think this joke had gone on long enough now. You know as well as I that the world can’t survive eternal night. Not to mention the fact your moon cannot cover the other half of the world. We might be rulers of Equestria, but we have duties to the entire world and you know it.” Celestia flared her wings, looming over her sister.

“Sister, let me level with you.” Luna raised a hoof, meeting Celestia’s eyes equally. Twilight and everypony else walked over, standing beside Luna. Celestia took a step back, not used to being the one without allies. Twilight glanced toward Sweetie, who quietly snapped a picture from her saddlebag.

“If I can prove the world could survive under eternal night before the weekend, you allow me to modify your sun so it becomes a second moon. The moon will stay up during this time.” Luna saw the insult on her sister’s face, and was tempted for a moment to blow the prank, and just let her sister in on entire ordeal. Celestia folded her wings, leaning forward as fire burned in her eyes.

“You forget sister, not only do I have the elements under my command, all of Equestria is behind me.” Luna gave her sister nothing, letting Celestia realise the folly of fighting back. Luna had her trapped, and Celestia knew it. Growling, she glanced toward the windows and clenched her teeth. If it was just Luna, she had a chance. But without the elements, she had no real pushing power.

“Very well sister, one week. But if at any time Equestria starts to suffer, you allow me to raise the sun, and end this silly bet.” Celestia glared at Luna, who bowed her head. The deal had been made, so Celestia stormed off. Luna waited for the doors to close, before slumping, letting her fear finally show.

“Great job lasting the entire time Luna.” Twilight patted Luna’s shoulder, who gave a begrudging smile. Sweetie took another secret picture of this. If this continued, she’d have to get a new album soon.

“I do not know how my sister do it. Er- does it.” Luna straightened up, and wiped her brow. It had been tough, but finally her goal was complete. Twilight levitated up the plan details, showing stage two. Sweetie beamed a smile, knowing that they had already won the bet, but Luna would likely make an act of fumbling for a day or two.

“I want you seven to pretend to be searching while I run the kingdom. It is going to be difficult to handle the paperwork mine sister hath left me. Er-my sister has left me. Maybe your research can turn up an unconsidered point we missed.” Luna watched them bow, and leave. Calling in her servants, she realised the sun was still in the sky.

Luna, feeling like a kid taking a cookie without telling their parent, slowly reached out her control to the sun. Celestia’s presence was there, but not blocking. Luna slowly began to grasp the sun, and lower it. It was a lot harder than the moon, but still within her power. Raising the moon, she forced herself to remain composed.


“Admit it Luna, you have no idea how to prevent the problems that come with having only the moon and sun idle!” Celestia pressed her sister, seeing uncertainty falling on Luna’s face. It had taken two days, but Celestia was finally getting through Luna’s stubbornness, or so she thought.

“Nonsense, the elements won’t fail us-er me.” Luna carefully let a slip into her sentence, knowing she was actually fooling Celestia masterfully. Sweetie had been right, if they believe you are being manipulated by them, it is a lot easier to fool them. The door opened, and the two turned as Twilight and Sweetie walked in, holding a stack of paper.

“Princess! We’ve done it!” Twilight smiled, and Sweetie took a picture of Celestia’s shocked expression. Luna forced herself to show a bit of shock, and then flare her wings, standing up as she smiled in relief.

“Excellent, come! Tell us two what you have done to solve the problems relating to eternal night.” Luna smiled warmly, completely ignoring Celestia. Sweetie held the papers for Twilight as she began to read the charter.

“First off, we turn the sun into a second moon. It will still be much brighter than a normal moon, but this way it will be eternal night everywhere. Your theory was right on the money in that regard. However, the two main problems of heating the planet and feeding the planet are a lot more difficult to solve. Which is why I suggest the following.

“First off, the creation of a mutation that will infect all plant life and make them able to grow under less light. The Everfree has already converted itself, having many plants that do just that, according to Zecora. We can also create a magic spell to help the more fussy plants adapt quicker to this change. Soon enough, all life will only require the light from the moon to grow.

“As for the other side of the planet, we convert the sun into a moon by a simple spell. Essentially, we enclose the sun inside a moon. For the other half of the planet, it is much easier to simply induce a day/night cycle with the new moonsun, thus allowing those who want both day and night to live over there.

“As for the heating problem, Celestia here is the perfect source of heating magic. All we do is have a heating spell cast over the entire half that is always under the moon, thus keeping the planet warm despite the lack of proper sun. Of course, this task could easily be done by yourself. I am merely using Celestia as an example due to her talent being powerful heating and lifting the sun.

“So yeah, that solves the main two problems. As for ponies, who can’t see well in the night. A simple night vision spell cast across the moonside will prevent that problem too.” Twilight smiled, and Celestia’s jaw dropped. After a moment, she straightened up, and breathed in.

“I am a mare of my word, Luna.” Celestia turned and gave a gentle smile to her sister. There was no doubt she had lost. Luna stood up, and they both shook hooves. Regardless of the outcome, Celestia was proud of her sister for taking the initiative, and not becoming corrupted in the process.

“Celestia, would you please sign this agreement then?” Twilight held up a piece of paper with glowing, golden words. Celestia frowned, wondering how her student learned that private language. Looking at it, Celestia quietly read it, eyes widening as she went down it. Handing it back, she looked toward Luna.

And laughed.

Everypony joined in, sharing a good natured laugh at the expense of Celestia. As it finally cleared, Celestia wiped a tear away with her wing, and chuckled once more.

“You got me,” she spoke, a sly grin on her face. Luna nodded.

“I see no reason not to continue your plan however. But I will not deny you got me.” Celestia nodded once, and Luna beamed a smile. Yes! Her hard work would still pay off, at least until the end of the week.

“We’ll be heading back to Ponyville then.” Twilight bowed, Sweetie doing the same. Celestia watched them go, and then turned toward Luna.

“I expect no less than 3 events named after me.” Celestia smile, and Luna chuckled.

“How does Solar Night sound? Wherein we bring back the sun for precisely 7 hours.” Luna stepped aside as Celestia took a seat on the throne.

“Why seven?” Celestia tilted her head.

“Because rocks.” Luna smirked, and Celestia winced.

“You are never going to let me live that down are you.” Celestia glared at Luna as she chuckled.

“Eenope,” she replied. Both smiled warmly at the other. Celestia stood back up, and both quietly embraced in a hug.

“I love you sister.”

“As I love you.”

Author's Note:

Happy early chapter people!
Please note: There are many things to consider before making eternal night. I am bound to have forgotten some.

PreviousChapters Next