• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,671 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,671

PreviousChapters Next
L12.2

The next morning, Twilight slammed the door open and dived at Sweetie, cupping the filly’s head in her hooves.

“Prin-Ce-ants-ee-ou.” Twilight spoke too quickly, the words quickly jumbling up in her mad hurry to speak. Sweetie pushed the hooves holding her face off, and looked evenly at Twilight. Rarity raised her head, watching the exchange from the safety of her coffee. Twilight took a moment to calm down, and spoke again.

“Princess Celestia wants to see you. She’s sent a royal carriage and everything!” Twilight began to bounce around the room, giddy. Sweetie blinked, taking a step back in confusion. The royal princess wanted to see her? Glancing to Rarity, she could see the shock mirrored on her face.

“But why?” Sweetie turned just as Twilight stuck her face way too close for comfort. Being pushed back slightly, a letter was thrust into her chest. Twilight pivoted, and returned to bouncing around the room in excitement. Sweetie forced her eyebrows to remain level, and focused her attention on the letter.

Dear Twilight

If what you say is true, Sweetie must be brought to us post haste. There are a few things we need to discuss that have grave ramifications for the situation she is in. That is, if what you say is true. I have no reason to doubt you took time to check the claims, so I will send a carriage for three in the morning. Rooms will be provided of course, I expect you to arrive before noon.

Sincerely
Princess Celestia

“Wow, I wonder what she wants to tell me,” remarked Sweetie, holding out the letter to Rarity. Quickly, her sister trotted upstairs to begin packing. Sweetie wondered if the reason she was so eager was the damage to the house. Sure, it would be gone after this loop, and they had plans to sleep in Twilight’s for the rest of the week, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t startling to see.

“Alright, I’m ready Twilight. Sweetie Belle?” Rarity walked downstairs, saddlebags full to bursting. Sweetie quickly checked her own over, and made sure the camera was inside too. Sweetie faintly remembered that Twilight had said the spell giving her wings lasted three days. That thought led her to remember her friends, and she briefly spared them a silent sigh.

At the very least, now I know how to regain them as friends. I suppose it can wait for a loop or two.’ Sweetie, once satisfied she had all her things, raised her head and nodded to Rarity. Both trotted after a giddy Twilight. Sitting down in the carriage, they quickly took off. Glancing around, Sweetie spotted Spike waving goodbye from the castle. Sweetie waved back, and then turned to watch Canterlot swim into view.


“One moment while I wake up Luna. She wanted to grab a few hours rest before you arrived.” Celestia stood up from the throne, horn lighting up as a scroll vanished in her magic. After a moment, there was a knock at the door. Luna walked in slowly, giving the four a warm smile, and a bow of her head.

“While I understand that this is the first time you have seen me, Miss Belle, I want you to know that you do not have to call me by titles. Your situation is unique enough to warrant that.” Celestia raised a wing, and dismissed the guards, leaving them alone. Approaching Sweetie, she waited as the filly bowed.

“Oh, no it’s really alright Princess Celestia. Calling you like a regular pony feels wrong.” Sweetie noticed the pointed glance to her wings, and smiled sheepishly. Celestia raised an eyebrow in Twilight's direction, who bowed once as she began to explain.

“Sweetie wanted to play a prank on her classmates, and I saw no reason not to oblige. It will be gone in two days anyway.” Twilight raised her head and looked toward Sweetie. Celestia mused for a moment, and shared a glance with Luna.

“I assume you got pictures, correct?” Celestia waited as the filly pulled out a camera, and smiled warmly.

“Then there is no quarrel. I, ah, would like a copy when you get them developed however.” Celestia glanced toward her sister as a slight snigger came from that general direction, before ignoring it completely. Celestia gave a nod to Twilight, who quietly whispered something to Rarity.

“Oh. Oh! Oh dear Sweetie, I really must go and visit the shops before they close. You will be fine here right?” Rarity glanced between Sweetie and Celestia as a nod came from the latter. Rarity glanced to Twilight, and began to drag her out of the room.

“You simply must help me carry them dear. Bye Sweetie Belle!” Rarity closed the door, and both walked away. Sweetie watched the door for a moment longer, before turning back toward Celestia. The expression on the two sister’s faces grew more grave. Feeling a chill down her spine, she gulped.

“Listen Sweetie Belle, while we would not normally pass on this information, you situation is unique enough to warrant us being more truthful with you. If you would follow us, we have something you must see.” Both paused, and waited for a response. Sweetie slowly nodded, and followed them as they walked toward the wall behind the throne. Sweetie noticed an unassuming hole, horn sized, in the wall. Celestia lowered her horn and inserted it, sending a pulse of magic into it.

Stepping back, the wall slid open, revealing a dusty corridor, smelling stale. Sweetie saw cobwebs older than time. It was as if this place had been sealed, and nothing had escaped, even air. Celestia’s horn lit up, and a gust of wind blew into the room, sending the stale air up and out. Sniffing, Celestia nodded, and began to walk.

“Once upon a time, there was a magical unicorn. This unicorn was wise, and powerful. However, he had a weakness. This was a weakness all feared, even us. For even though he did not believe it at the time, we are not immortal. One day, the sun will die, and the moon will crumble. But that is the way of all things.

“This magician feared death above all else. And as he grew older, so too did his fear. Eventually, he could stand it no longer, and sought ways to remove that fear. He managed to create dark spells, truly despicable spells designed to drain the life from another, before he abandoned that chain of research. For while he was desperate; he was still our trusted friend.

“It was nearing the end of his time that he began to delve into the Elements, hoping to harness their energy to grant him immortality. This unicorn was smart, he knew such power would ultimately change him. We feared the worst, and so he put us in charge of a fail-safe. We did not know at the time what he planned, for we only know the results.” Celestia paused as they emerged into a small room filled with dry paper. Sweetie winced, feeling the throbbing magic in the air. Whatever they were using to keep the paper in perfect condition, it was very strong.

“What our friend planned, was to switch his destiny with one of us. He had gotten so desperate, he would use us. In truth, neither I nor Luna know if we have our true destinies, or if they are what we were switched into. The fail-safe turned out to be a placebo, and we found him unconscious near the Elements.” Celestia paused and bowed her head. Luna spoke up, eyes closing as she did the same.

“He woke up long enough to ask what day it was. When we told him, he merely shed a tear, and perished before us.” Luna turned away, Celestia throwing a wing around her sister as they leaned on each other. Sweetie said nothing, not knowing what to say in the face of the story. Eventually, the two separated, and Celestia focused on Sweetie.

“These are his notes, even containing details on how he got out. I moved them here after I moved to Canterlot. I’m afraid his way out was suicide, but the information may help you. Luna and I will also provide you a letter to inform us of the time loop, and I shall teach you the spell to send me letters. Take what you wish, after all it will be back here next loop.” Celestia and Luna stepped out of the way as Sweetie walked up toward the papers. Turning, she looked at them.

“How come you trust me so quickly? Twilight and Rarity took so long to convince the first time.” Well, Twilight had agreed the first proof she had been given. But Sweetie had three other pieces of proof validated before that to back her up. Celestia and Luna smiled warmly, and bowed their heads.

“Twilight is not a liar,” they spoke together.

PreviousChapters Next