• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,673 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,673

PreviousChapters Next
L12.1

Sweetie snuck downstairs and into the kitchen early. Biting her lip, she looked toward the coffee and settled herself. She could do this. Slowly, she put a cup down and put a small bit of the coffee grinds into the bottom, and poured a small bit of her experimental milk(the one Twilight gave her) into it. Sweetie slowly pressed a button on the kettle, and waited for it to boil.

“Ok, come on Sweetie, you can do this.” Sweetie carefully poured the hot water in, and placed the cup on the table next to a spoon and the sugar. Looking it over, Sweetie made sure there was no black in the cup, nor any smoke coming off it. Sweetie dared to silently hope she might have actually made something digestible.

Rarity stepped down the stairs and looked toward the damage the tree had caused, sighed, mumbled something about needing coffee, and walked into the kitchen. Blinking, she took one look at the cup and the nervous look of her sister, and felt memories of a certain breakfast coming back.

“I knew you’d want coffee when you go up, so I thought…” Sweetie glanced toward the ground and dug her hoof into it, biting her lip. Rarity levitated the cup over, and raised an eyebrow. The coffee actually looked normal. Sitting down, Rarity grabbed two spoonfuls of sugar, and stirred them into the drink. Taking a sip, she sighed in immense pleasure.

“Could use a little more milk and a little less coffee in the future dear, but well done.” Rarity smiled warmly at her sister, who beamed a happy smile. Sweetie had done it! Defeating all odds, she had made something edible! Well, it was a drink, but considering how badly those could turn out it was still great news.

“Alright, next time I’ll practice with more milk.” Sweetie hummed a merry tune as she turned and made herself breakfast. For some reason, pouring cereal and milk had never ended in disaster. Sweetie didn’t want to always eat it, it was always so blegh. Too crunchy or too soggy, never the perfect mix

“I’m going to head over to Twilight’s and give her the results. Oh! Don’t forget a big designer is coming around midday. If you want to go to Manehattan I don’t mind, enjoy yourself.” Sweetie watched as Rarity blinked, and took another sip of her drink.

“Right,” was all she said in response. Between the sudden hole in her house, and Sweetie apparently knowing her future, it was really too much for this early in the morning. Rarity closed her eyes and took another sip as Sweetie walked out. Really, Rarity was thinking of just going back to bed. Maybe things would be better if she woke up from this dream.

Sweetie couldn’t cook, that was how she knew it was a dream. And there was no other way she’s know that secret about Rarity. It was something she didn’t even write in her diary.


“And you’re saying I wrote all this?” Twilight looked over the notes suspiciously. Sure, Sweetie checked out, and it definitely sounded like something she would write, but it was hard to withhold disbelief. It wasn’t until Sweetie held out a glass bottle that Twilight began to get more into it.

“And you’re saying I sealed my memories inside this? Why, it’s completely empty. It’s like all the magic was drained from it. If what you’re saying about the tree and milk, and what my other self wrote, then there can be no doubt. It’s a good thing we didn’t test it on ponies.” Twilight paused, seeing Sweetie flinch. Carrying on, she decided to ignore it. Sweetie would mention it if she wanted to.

“I don’t entirely understand the situation, but the effects of the loop are as follows. 1: Any items without a magical signature can come with you through the loop. 2: If something, or somepony, has magic, they age and die within a minute of the loop resetting. These two facts lead me to my conclusion: somehow you are draining magic. And somehow that draining is causing time to turn back a week. And I’d bet my horn that it’s related to your headaches too.”

Twilight turned and pulled out a fresh piece of paper, and began to write. Finishing it up, she rolled it up and looked around for Spike. Sweetie carefully repacked her saddlebags. With how things were going, she was likely going to need to get larger ones soon. If she did, would she be able to carry them? Maybe a cart, something she could pull around.

“I’ll be frank with you Sweetie, I can’t think of any viable solutions. Finding the right ‘loop sequence’ might be possible, but for how many people? And for an entire week? The only other option is death, and that is not an option at all. I’m going to send a letter to Princess Celestia. Maybe she can help.” Twilight only hoped they believed her. Surely they knew she wasn’t the type to joke, right?

“Thank you Twilight, can I ask you for a favor. Do you still have that ‘transform’ spell? I was kinda hoping to pull a prank on my class.” Sweetie glanced away. Sure, going to class wasn’t something she entirely wanted to do, but the idea had been in the back of her mind for a few days now.

“Sure. What do you want to be transformed into?” Twilight tilted her head, and Sweetie smiled, suppressing her urge to chuckle.

“An Alicorn.” Sweetie couldn’t resist and began to laugh, rubbing her hooves together. Twilight blinked, and then joined in. Leaning down, she smirked.

“Alright, but I want pictures.” Twilight levitated over and old camera, and handed it to Sweetie, who put it in her saddlebag. Positioning it in such a way she would be able to take pictures and nopony would notice.

“Deal,” she smirked, seeing Twilight’s horn light up.


“Sorry I’m late Cheerilee, Rarity forced me to fly to school.” Sweetie spread her newfound wings, roughly the same size as Scootaloo’s, and smiled warmly. Turning, she quickly took pictures of the students, and Cheerilee as she slowly walked to her desk. Sweetie was proud of her acting skills as she stood there, head raised slightly into the air, and waited for Cheerilee to snap out of it.

“O-Of course.” Cheerilee stuttered, and slowly started the lesson. Sweetie glanced behind her, taking in the gaping mouths of four fillies in particular. Sure, getting out of the loop was important, but there were some moments that were priceless.

Absolutely priceless.

After school, the four approached, and Sweetie smiled pleasantly at them. All seemed to be a bit hesitant to approach, but as she explained how she gained the wings, Scootaloo was the first to instantly cheer up. Sweetie knew exactly what was going to come out of her friend’s mouth.

“Thats great news! I can ask Twilight to help me. I-I mean-er…” Scootaloo trailed off, and Diamond Tiara sneered for a moment, before blinking and shaking her head. Silver put a hoof of her shoulder, and both shared a look. Apple Bloom bit her lip, but it was Sweetie that came to the rescue.

“Actually Scoots, I’ve been talking to Twilight, and I think I’ve figured out why you can’t fly. Your foster parents aren’t Pegasi are they?” Sweetie paused, and beamed a smile as she nodded, buzzing her wings slightly.

“Then maybe there’s something that Pegasi are taught that you weren’t. Ask Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy about it. I’m sure they can help you get up into the air. I bet my flank on it.” Sweetie saw the longful gaze as Scootaloo considered it, and gave a small nod. Sweetie knew that if either of those two had a look, they would be able to help Scootaloo.

“Ya had me shocked there. Ah thought yah were an Alicorn.” Apple Bloom smiled, glancing away and giving a shudder. Sweetie decided to ignore it. Boy, it was so good to talk to her friends again. Maybe there was hope to rekindle the friendship. Maybe, but it would be hard.

“Ya know, fer some reason, all day ah’ve been feeling guilty cause ah felt like we weren’t friends anymore, and then ya pull this stunt. Kinda reminds me why we’re friends, ya know?” Apple Bloom was obviously struggling, and Sweetie bridged the gap, putting a hoof on the shoulder and smiling in sympathy.

“Listen, I know it feels really bad to be around me, but please just ignore the feeling. I know why, and I’m sorry. But I really don’t want to hear ‘I don’t want to be your friend’ again.” Sweetie began to cry, lowering her hoof as she tried to wipe away the tears. All four shared a glance, and it was Scootaloo that crossed the gap, and brought Sweetie into a hug.

“What, and miss out on all the Crusading we’d be doing? Never.”

Author's Note:


ALL HAIL NEW BEST PRINCESS

Sadly, to transform someone into an Alicorn is not possible, due to the magic required being close to 'ascension' levels, not to mention hooking up the three different types of magic. Twilight merely used the spell she used to give Rarity butterfly wings. See here.

PreviousChapters Next