• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,672 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,672

PreviousChapters Next
L87

Noteworthy opened his eyes. Shaking his mane, he smiled, sitting up and looking towards the piano resting in the corner of the room. Rising, he walked over to the window, opening it and smiling as the sun warmed him.

“Good mooorning wo-” A pie implanted itself into his face, and he reared, falling backward as his mouth opened, crying out in alarm. As he thudded into the ground, he groaned, wiping the pie off his face and standing back up. Looking around, he saw someone had made a swinging device that activated upon him opening the window.

Strange…’ Musing on it, he frowned for a moment, before turning and heading toward his piano. As he sat down, the sound of farting filled his room, and he blinked, glancing to the seat. Standing up, he lightly pressed down on it, hearing the sound begin again. Pursing his lip, he examined the seat, and found a hole in the stitching.

In the distance, a violin began to play, joined by the sound of a bass beat, likely coming from the unlikely duo down the street. If he really perked his ears, he could also hear a lyre being played. Sadly, Noteworthy was too busy trying to remove a whoopie cushion from his seat to stop and join in. Finally, he pulled out the whoopie cushion, and his eyes narrowed as the song ended.

Just great, the one good thing we do as street neighbors, and I missed it.’ If he had of been more confident, Noteworthy might have approached them, possibly become closer friends. But even thinking about it made him shudder with fear. Heading downstairs, he prepared breakfast.

Taking a bite of his breakfast, Noteworthy paused. Spitting it out, he dove for the sink, getting cold water on his tongue, eyes watering from the burn in his mouth. Sobbing slightly, he waited as the sting slowly lessened. Tossing the rest of his food in a bin, he decided to head out for today, grimacing as his stomach growled.

This day is going swimmingly. Hopefully nothing else happens today.’ Mouth downturned, he noticed one of the local kids glance toward him as she passed. Flashing a smile, he turned to lock his door, and blinked. Somehow, the lock, along with the door handle, had vanished in the small time he hadn’t been watching.

Of course,’ Scowling, he simply turned and continued on his way. His shopping venture didn’t go better either. What’s worse, Pinkie Pie wasn’t behind it. Who was pranking him? Why? Could it be Vinyl? Sighing, Noteworthy punched into work, already exhausted from his day. Breathing in, he managed to put a smile on his face.

“Sir! This soup is already cold!” Oh it was one of those days. Sure, there were customers like this on good days, but sometimes there were just days when you could feel the storm rising up inside you. However, with each customer Noteworthy served, his mood only got worse. It took everything he had to not say anything. In the end, it wasn’t good enough.

“Would you shut up for Celestia’s sake!?” Shouting at the customer, Noteworthy backpedaled, and glanced to his boss, who was serving the drinks at the counter. Beckoned over, Noteworthy had no choice but to follow orders, and his ears flopped back as the boss simple told him this was his final week here.

I’m fired.’ After such a terrible day, Noteworthy was ready to cry. In fact, upon arriving home, and finding that his pie was inedible, he couldn’t even bring himself to make noodles. Sobbing into the counter, he only rose when the sounds of music echoed down the street. Rising, he clung to the hope he could have one moment of happiness.

As the fart sound rang out at the press of a key, and his voice still sore from breakfast, Noteworthy collapsed on the carpet and cried. Looking to his bed, he pulled off the sheet to expose the pins, but didn’t factor in the fact some would get flung at him. Pulling them out, he slumped in bed, and sobbed.


“Right, so all the pranks went off without a hitch. It resulted in him crying though, might need to tone it down for regular ponies in the future.” Finishing her notes, Sweetie ended the magic on the puddle that allowed her to see Noteworthy's day. Pocketing her notes, she took a seat on a roof, and looked along the town.

“Alright, so who’s next.” Concentrating, Sweetie twirled herself around rapidly in her magic, and stuck a hoof out, stopping herself. the moment her eyes stopped spinning, she looked to the house she had chosen, and made note of its location. Pulling out a list of ponies and where they live, she was surprised to find out Cheerilee lived there. Musing on this, Sweetie considered the best way to prank her.

“Maybe turning her into a filly? That might be amusing to watch. I should make a list of pranks for specific ponies, now my list of things to do has run out.” Thinking aloud, Sweetie soon noticed a lone pony walking down the street. Blinking, she breathed in sharply, realising it was Noteworthy. Flaring her wings, she dove for her scrying puddle, and cast the spell.

“Right, here we are.” Coming to a stop, Noteworthy looked out upon the cliff, and sighed, sitting down. Hugging himself he sobbed quietly. Pursing her lip, Sweetie flared her wings, going to apologise, when he began to speak. Turning, she paused, listening in.

“Uh hey Celestia, or whatever force governs this place. Listen, I know you’ve never liked me a-and you proved it when my p-parents disowned me. I m-mean, I understand you wanted me to go through trials, but I w-was finally happy with my life.” Closing his eyes, Noteworthy’s tears continued to flow.

“But please, why did you give me such a terrible day? Without my job I can’t repair my piano. And I’m so hungry right now. Please, if this is because you are testing me, why? I don’t want more, I was happy. WHY!” Shouting out across the cliff face, Noteworthy shrunk as many grumpy pony voices told him to shut up.

“I get it.” Standing up, his legs wobbled as he gulped, looking at the cliff. Sweetie’s eyes widened, and she flew off, going as fast as she can, teleporting most of the distance.

“I’ll shut up then…” Closing his eyes, Noteworthy fell forward right off the cliff just as a hoof tried to grab him, missing him by an inch. Sweetie jumped, buzzing her wings as she tried to fly faster than terminal velocity. However, she wasn’t exactly a born flier, and she lacked true Pegasi magic.

“Nooo!” Crying out, she watched as Noteworthy merely looked at her, eyes gray. What’s more, his Cutie Mark seemed to fade, as if he no longer believed in his destiny. Sweetie cast a shield over Noteworthy, along with a one over herself, and teleported to the ground. However, she had forgotten about her speed carrying over, and tumbled over, ensuring she wouldn’t be able to catch him. Bloodied, with one leg possibly broken, she blinked the pain away.

There was a thud, and Sweetie turned, hope staining her face. Looking at the body, she waited for the dust to clear, slowly crawling over. As she got close, gasping breaths, gurgling coughs, reached her ears. Standing up, Sweetie approached, and looked down at Noteworthy, something impaling his chest. Their eyes met, before he closed his, and took his final breath.

Sweetie blinked.

Followed by another.

And another.





And another.

Author's Note:

13
Jed zeugh, Pum axam belcow te laxaco axagaxainch zo creng axas vupp timo tings pewn te dits binaxar socects. Arr focaxauso ug lobusow pit yeuck konius whis staxanco te vaxako ovolyeno rivo belovol. Ug axalo pit baxairulo axas pit lurol, Pum soo zaxat jed.


If you think this is out of character, I have one thing to say: Party of one.

Have another poem:

Your taint grows blacker
with this silent unbroken night,
left with cold so sharp and painful.
Soon you may forget,
these feelings of despair,
the light flickering to reveal this darkness.
Soon,
your love may fade away.

PreviousChapters Next