• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,678 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,678

PreviousChapters Next
L66.2 Operation FlyDaDragon

The huge opponent in front of Sweetie was fearsome in every sense of the word. Sharp teeth that would crush her in an instant. Thick scales that would resist every magic attack she had to offer. Sharp claws that could slice her in half. And a blazing ball of death that would erupt from his mouth.

The black dragon roared, flaring his wings, challenging her. Sweetie breathed in, and crouched. Glass blade at her side, she began to approach. Slowly, and then breaking out into a run, her voice exploded in her own cry of challenge. The dragon’s eyes approved, and time seem to pause for a moment as she sprinted for her opponent.

Sweetie dodged a claw swipe, backflipping over it and trying to cut her blade into the underside of the dragon’s palm. A drop of red blood splurted out from her shallow cut. Sweetie didn’t have time to dwell on it, teleporting out of the way of the second hand. A large mouth opened in front of her and she sent a torrent of water toward it, creating a shield of steam that obscured her from view.

Levitating herself, she flew high into the air, dodging something swiping toward her. Upside down, she used her tail to turn herself downward, and raised her head, casting her ice storm spell. A few spikes formed, splitting up and raining down on the dragon. Sweetie watched the steam blow away as he flapped his wings once.

Position given away, Sweetie teleported out of the way of the teeth, further into the sky. Gritting her teeth, she concentrated and fired another round of spikes. Then, releasing the magic holding her up, she dived toward the dragon. Using her magic to direct her fall, she dodged the hands and aimed for the dragon’s chest, slicing down it.

Glancing back as she spun, and landed, cushioned by her magic, she saw no mark upon the scales. What’s more, her glass shard had shattered into a million pieces. Sweetie glanced upward at the claw coming toward her, and teleported out of the way just as it slammed down. The second hand came for her, and she dodged, taking a quick moment to consider her options.

Unable to think of anything, she dived forward, avoiding the flame as she moved in close. This was a dangerous place to be, but it afforded her precious seconds to glance around for another blade. However, that time ticked up, and she teleported into the air, avoiding the body crushing down upon her. Looking up, she watched the dragon below her roar, and leap toward her. Seeing no escape below, she opted to teleport rapidly into the air.

Wings flaring, the dragon took into the sky, and Sweetie teleported out of the way as it came to hover. Looking around, Sweetie concentrated, making a platform under her with her magic. Sweetie needed to be able to stand, she couldn’t fight upside down. Only now was she realising the usefulness of flight.

Flame erupted toward her, and she called upon her ice spell to freeze it before it made it to her, filling the air with steam for but a moment. A wingbeat later, and she was staring down a dragon’s mouth. Stopping her magic, she fell down just as the dragon passed toward her, pulling a shield of ice around her as fire followed her.

Ground rapidly approaching, and dragon close behind, Sweetie’s mind caught the sparkle of the ice melting around her, and an idea struck. The dragon fire ceased, and claws reached out for her. Sweetie turned herself upside down, magic gaining a second glow around her horn as she formed a long shard of ice, sharpened as much as she could. Using her magic, she pushed herself backward slightly, and slowed her fall.

Dragon rushing past her, she swung the shard at the belly, watching it shatter against the scales once more. Gritting her teeth, she released the magic slowing her fall, staying in line with the dragon. Pulling on her magic, her eyes began to glow white, and a large, thin shard formed, icy white.

Sweetie swung just as the dragon flared his wings, slowing his fall. Sweetie pivoted, using her spell to completely negate gravity for a moment, and levitated herself right at the dragon. Crying out in desperation, she swung the shard. For a moment it seemed to shudder against the scales, and Sweetie gritted her teeth, teleporting away as it shattered in her magic.

The dragon landed, inspecting his chest. There was a small mark on it, the ice shard hadn’t been strong enough to do more than leave a mark. Sweetie gasped for breath, vision fading for a moment before she shook it back into focus. No! She couldn’t lose now! Just one more try! A spear, to pierce it this time. Slicing wasn’t going to do anything.

“I don’t know who you are, monster who is using me for his own ends,” she spoke quietly between gasps for air. The dragon was quickly coming toward her, victory shining in his eyes.

“But please, give me this one victory. Give me one fight I can win.” Sweetie closed her eyes for a moment, the dragon raising a claw to crush her. Magic collapsing on her forehead, Sweetie began to slightly hover in the air, time slowing down as the claw came toward her. Sweetie’s horn glowed brighter than ever before, and her eyes were pure white as she opened them.

The claw touched the magical aura surrounding her, and Sweetie vanished, exploding outward with energy as she appeared above the dragon. Looking up, he roared, flame erupting. Sweetie parted it using her magic, and called upon her ice magic once more. A long shiver began to form, the point so sharp she couldn’t even see it. Taking it in her magic, the glow faded from her, and she held herself still with levitation.

“ARRRGH!” Sweetie swung it with all her remaining magic energy, and it flew true, slamming into the dragon’s belly, piercing the scales and causing minor damage. The dragon roared in pain, pulling out the spear and melting it with flame. The wound began to bleed lightly. The dragon turned his attention toward Sweetie, and blinked.

Sweetie closed her eyes, and began to fall. As she was above the dragon at that time, such a fall would easily kill her. However, the dragon extended a paw, saving her swiftly. Folding his wings, he looked to the tiny form, and then to the wound he had received. It had been enough, in his opinion. This pony had shown greater strength than he had ever seen in his millennia of life.

The dragon gently placed Sweetie down, and turned to the other dragons, giving a nod. An awe struck the dragons, and they all stared at the tiny form. The tiny little pony that had managed to score a minor injury against the Dragon King. Not once, but twice. The teenagers looked to each other, thinking for once that maybe ponies weren’t as ‘namby pamby’ as they had once believed.

“Rest young one, you fought well.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait.

PreviousChapters Next