• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,672 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,672

PreviousChapters Next
L69

Sweetie hummed a merry tune, using her magic to hold her umbrella as rain poured down on her. It was another normal day in Ponyville, but she was enjoying every moment of it. Sweetie had even used the illusion spell she learned from Celestia to hide her Cutie Mark. There was, of course, a reason for this. But Sweetie was enjoying Twilight’s reaction far too much to explain.

“This is impossible! This can’t be happening!” Twilight ran around in a circle, fur darkened by the rain. Sweetie watched her friends crowd around. Pinkie Pie and Discord were both enjoying it for what it was. Sweetie had no doubts Discord knew it was her. Taking a seat, she pulled out her bowl, and filled it up with the rain. Taking out a spoon, she began to eat it.

“Sweetie Belle, no pudding until after dinner!” Rarity took the bowl from Sweetie, who pouted in response. Just great, she created magic rain, and she couldn’t even eat it. It had been pretty hard too. A lot of bits had gone into bribing the weather team excluding Rainbow Dash.

“Just let the filly have her fun, it’s not like this is going to happen again,” muttered Discord, gaining glares from the majority of the others. Shrugging, he returned to eating his bowl. Sweetie appreciated his sentiment, but knew it was futile. Besides, seeing Twilight about to blow a fuse was more than enough payment.

“I know you’re behind this Discord, don’t lie.” Twilight turned, another hair twitching out of her mane, glaring at Discord. Raising an eyebrow, he put the pudding down, and leaned forward.

“Of course you would blame me. It’s not like anyone else could cause chaos.” Rolling his eyes, he glanced toward Sweetie. Shivering, she wondered if he would rat her out. No, even if he did, they’d never believe him.

“What’s that supposed to mean? Discord!” Shouting as he vanished, Twilight gritted her teeth. Sweetie sighed, standing up and trotting away. Maybe the Crusaders would be having fun. Finding Applebloom first, Sweetie found her running apple baskets to the barn and back in a blind panic.

“Sorry Sweetie, don’t have time righ’ now. Gotta grab apples before tha’ pudding rots em.” Sweetie watched this for a moment, feeling a quick slice of guilt. After a moment, Scootaloo also appeared, helping carry the baskets in. Sweetie scowled, and turned to head back home. Maybe she could find something interesting to read until it blew over.

Suddenly, she was pinned by Rainbow Dash, quickly flanked by the other five. There was also a pony she reconised as one she had paid to make it rain pudding. Immediately, she knew she had been caught, and enacted plan ‘sorry.’

“What’s going on?” Raising her voice, she held it with a measure of confusion, but also aversion. This was important, as Sweetie wanted them to know she knew what it was probably about. Applejack stepped forward, pointing toward the weather pony.

“Ah can tell when somepony is lyin’, so Ah know it’s the truth when somepony tells me you paid him to make it rain pudding.” The others watched her seriously, looking for any signs that would validate this claim.

“W-What are you talking about? I never did that.” Lying was something Sweetie had long since mastered, pretending to lie was a little different. Looking away, shaky smile, nervous sweat, all signs she was trying to avoid them seeing the truth.

“Ah know yer’re lyin’.” Applejack watched as Sweetie turned, and gulped. Yes, the filly had just trapped herself, and knew it. Drawing on her own knowledge, Sweetie began to ‘tell the truth’.

“I-I’m sorry! It was meant to be a surprise that everyone could enjoy. I thought it might get me a weather Cutie Mark. I didn’t know it was going to cause so much trouble.” Sweetie let tears leak down her face, scrunching up her eyes as she spoke. This was the key to her attempt to lie to Applejack. Her theory hinged that Applejack used her Element’s magic through the eyes

“I-I saved up the money b-because I thought it would make everyone happy. I-I’m s-so-sorry.” Sniveling, Sweetie wiped her nose, and felt Rarity pull her into a hug. Applejack watched her for a moment longer, and then nodded to the others. There was no possible way Sweetie could lie good enough to be faking that.

“There there Sweetie, now you know.” Rarity glanced toward Twilight, who nodded, giving a warm smile. Yes, damage had been done, but she wasn’t going to punish the filly, especially considering her good intentions.

“Just never do it again,” she scolded the filly, who nodded rapidly, wiping the tears from her eyes. Rainbow Dash ordered the weather team to clear the clouds, watching them salute before flying off to do so. Now that she knew why they hadn’t been listening to orders, it was a lot easier to convince them enough was enough.

“I-I w-will, s-sorry.” Wiping her eyes, Sweetie blinked them open, looking at Rarity’s warm smile and giving her own. A smug satisfaction crawled through her. Sweetie could lie to the Element of Honesty. That was both good and bad news.

For if Sweetie could lie to Honesty, what said she couldn’t lie to herself?

Author's Note:

31

PreviousChapters Next