• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 2,127 Views, 72 Comments

The Equestria Games: Flight of the Pegasi - Cerulean Voice



Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Bulk Biceps prepare to compete in the Aerial Relay! But other than the course obstacles, many surprises await them—not all of them welcome.

  • ...
6
 72
 2,127

Art Gallery

Author's Note:

Good day, everybody. I know that some of my existing readers are already aware of this but I've decided to implement an art gallery in this story. A while ago, I commissioned an artist for a flat, standard rate to create images for each chapter. However, despite the time, money and effort put into creating these images, I received complaints that the pictures in the chapters themselves were "distracting" and that I "shouldn't be relying on pictures to tell my story."
To absolve these issues and clear up any misconception that I was, in fact, relying on them (which I wasn't), here is a chapter 100% dedicated to them. The images were removed from their respective chapters and placed here instead, for your perusal (and hopefully, pleasure). Of course, I feel obligated to warn you about spoilers below!

Here is where I would like to show a little bit of reader interactivity.

Anybody who wishes to caption any of these pictures, leave a comment with the number image and your caption. I may very well use it—at the very least, your comments will be here for others' entertainment.

Also, I wish to take the time to thank my wonderful artist, Wadusher0. This work is cute, gorgeous and fitting for the tone of my story. Please go and give him a watch on his deviantArt account (^^^^) or his fimfiction account here. The guy does the cutest art, but can also knuckle down and punch out the work in a decent timeframe.

Well, the Equestria Games episode is just about to air. Let us see just how different it is from this effort of mine.
I hope you all enjoy! I'm looking forward to it.
(post-episode edit: well, that turned out completely different. Up with the AU tag then!)

:heart:
Adren

Comments ( 9 )

That's some very good art. The style is distinct in how different it is, but the characters are recognisable. It's always interesting to see the images we're familiar with from another artistic viewpoint. Perhaps I should chase after this fellow for the next chapter of Roses! :rainbowlaugh: Anyway, I'll be going back and reading your story from the start, as I've not really been on the site in a few weeks due to other obligations, fandoms and whatnot, and it'll be good to get back in with a writer whose work I enjoy.

So, my comment will probably confuse you completely now, after the critiques you good regarding the pictures in the fanfiction, but, you really shouldn't have removed them.
What you did was simply make an illustrated fanfic (which is great, because it's very rare) and that is a quite good idea, even when it's unusual, and it doesn't have to do anything with relying on pictures to write a story. Because, when fanfictions are written based on fanarts, why not having fanarts, that are based on a fanfiction, in the chapters?
You are also aware of it that those critiques were just silly and nit-picking (and manipulating you in your ideas, if you ask me) because you said that it was a misconception and you weren't relying on them.
You should put them back into the chapters and not listen anymore to those who wants to have it different.
You are the author of this story and it's your decision if you want to make an illustrated fanfiction or not.

4339075
It's easy enough to say that. But when the critics were members of The Royal Guard (who I wanted it to be featured by) I got very sad. Plus I figured I could get another update post on EQD if I added another chapter and threw them all together in an art gallery.

Meh, it's all good. I'll be doing the same with my other stories when they get art. Your words are kind, though. So thank you.

4339111
>>>Plus I figured I could get another update post on EQD if I added another chapter and threw them all together in an art gallery.<<<

You could have done that anyway. Simply for people that want only look at all of the art in one run without clicking through the chapters.

>>>It's easy enough to say that. But when the critics were members of The Royal Guard (who I wanted it to be featured by) I got very sad.<<<

I'm not sure if I can give you a good advice in handling the sadness, I just began with writing fanfictions by myself recently and have yet to experience many nit pickers picking on one of my stories (and I allow myself the believe that it will never happen.).
But though, even when it should happen one day, if it's really no mistake that is pointed out by them, but a legit decision I made for a story of mine, I will keep it and point to artistic choice.
For the group, your fanfiction is already featured in many groups. One won't do the deal.
So, if they try to force you to change your fanfic in a way they want, like it's theirs, you should forget this group.

4977959
Oh.
Well, okay. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I'm sorry you think that way too because it definitely wasn't my intention to have them come across as that.

Okay, now that I've finished this...

I still don't like the relay's obstacles. They still seem needlessly cruel to me. But getting past that, this is a fun little story that has some good action, a nice little mystery and happy ending. *Takes back thumbs down and gives back thumbs up*

I wrote a review of this story!

It can be found here.

Login or register to comment