• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 22,959 Views, 670 Comments

Scootaloo's Parents Are... - RavenGuardian17



Twilight finds a spell that shows Scootaloo who her parents are, but the answer isn't what you'd expect.

  • ...
57
 670
 22,959

3: Explanations

Author's Note:

Yes. This is real. You don't have to pinch yourse- you did it anyway... like I expected. Anyway this chapter underwent a bunch of rewrites and crap which is why it took... 4 months?! That was 4 months?! OK guys I'm sorry about this. Hopefully Chapter 4 won't take so long.

Anyway enjoy the chapter!

(Fun drinking game: take a shot for every time I say "anyway")

To say that there was no tension in the room would be like saying that trying to tame a timberwolf was a good idea. The ponies in the room almost seemed to be waiting for Twilight to enter with the tea. Spitfire and Rainbow Dash were locked in a silent war of staring as each of their eyes tried to murder the other pair and Shining looked less like an experienced officer and more like a recruit about to see their first battle. Scootaloo sat in a chair beside Rainbow, covering her face with her tail, unusually shy. Twilight supposed that she would have to play the mediator in the upcoming debate. A role that she would rather not perform, yet one she was forced to take.

Twilight levitated the tea tray down onto a coffee table and hovered a cup over to each pony. “Now that we are all calm and settled in, let’s begin.” She said.

“Spit it out will you? Why did you leave Scoots in a orphanage?” Rainbow demanded, slamming her hoof on the chair.

“Rainbow!” Twilight said sharply, “Calm yourself down! I understand this is stressful, but you’re acting as childish as a foal who lost their favorite toy!”

"Twilight! She practically abandoned her own child!"

“Rainbow please. Calm down.” Twilight said, practically begging.

Rainbow reclined back in the chair, “Alright. But I’ve got my eyes on you Spitfire.” She pointed one hoof at her eyes then one at the wonderbolt.

Thank Celestia… Twilight thought, massaging her temples with her hooves. She glanced over at Spitfire, whose overly calm demeanor seemed out of place. “First things first. Where and how did you meet my brother in the first place, Spitfire?” The alicorn asked.

Spitfire brought her hoof up to her chin in contemplation, “It was… about ten years ago? Back when I lived in Fillydelphia.”

“How much contact did you make with him after that?” Twilight continued.

“None. This is the first time I’ve seen him since.” Spitfire responded.

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. She had suspected that her brother was having an affair behind Cadence’s back, but if Spitfire’s answers were honest then it ruled out any possibility of such a thing. There was always a chance that the Captain was lying, but Twilight was able to suspend her disbelief for a short time. If Spitfire was lying it would become obvious soon enough.

“Why did you two break off contact?” Twilight said, posing to question to Shining. If they’re both lying then their answers should contradict one another.

Shining rubbed the back of his head as he glanced away. "It was a, uh... one-night-only thing." He said, a bit of red appearing on his face

Rainbow and Twilight exchanged a quick glance. Suddenly the whole situation was much clearer. However, Twilight pressed on, “Why was it only one night?”

Spitfire nervously glanced at Scootaloo who had been quietly listening in on the entire ordeal. “Should we really be discussing this in front of her?” She asked.

“What do you mean by that?!” Rainbow said, her voice as cold and steely as a knife.

If looks could kill, Spitfire would have murdered Rainbow in the most violent and brutal way possible. “I mean this is starting to take a more…” Spitfire paused, looking for the right word, “adult turn. She’s too young to understand this stuff anyway.” Spitfire said.

Twilight turned to face the orange filly beside Rainbow. “Spitfire’s right. Scootaloo would you mind going to another room for a bit?” the alicorn gently requested.

Scootaloo crossed her forelegs, “But why can’t I stay? I’m old enough!”

“Scootaloo…” Twilight began.

“I’m 9 years old! That’s good enough!”

“No it isn’t some of these topics

“And besides isn’t this whole thing about me anyway? Why do I have to go?!”

“Scootaloo we’re going to talk about some things not suitable for a young filly like you. We’ll let you back in as soon as we’re finished.”

“But-”

“Scootaloo, I promise I tell you everything I can when we are finished.”

Scootaloo harumphed, “But I want to stay.”

“Scootaloo listen to Twilight.” Spitfire said.

Rainbow shot Spitfire a quick dirty look. What’s that for? Twilight wondered. “Scoot Twi’s right.”

“Fine..” Scootaloo grunted. Getting out of her chair and opening the door to the kitchen.

Once Scootaloo was gone, and the attention was refocused on the conversation, Twilight asked her question again.“Now, back on topic. Why was it only one night?”

“Well we both had a bit too much to drink…” Spitfire hesitated on the last part.

“Got drunk, had sex and never spoke about it again.” Rainbow finished for her, crossing her forelegs.

There was a pregnant pause.

“To put it bluntly, yes.” The wonderbolt said, blushing furiously.

“I’m assuming this is why Shining never knew you were pregnant?” Twilight said.

“Why did you never tell me, Spitfire?” He asked.

“How was I supposed to? You just fucked me and ran back home to Canterlot.” Spitfire replied gravely. “I had absolutely no way to get in touch with you.”

“So I’m the bad guy in this?” Shining said. “You’re the who tried to force herself upon me even though I hardly knew you.”

“Excuse me?! It’s no-”

Twilight then slammed her hoof onto the chair, interrupting Spitfire’s counter-argument. “How about we just blame it on the alcohol and get back on track?” She said, slowly losing patience. Everypony stared at her, surprised at the sternness of her voice. Seeing the attention refocused on her, Twilight sat back in her chair. “So, Spitfire. We now return to Rainbow’s earlier question. Why did we find Scootaloo in the Ponyville orphanage?” Twilight said. Her voice had returned to it’s normally calm state so quickly that it creeped out everypony in the room.

“I didn’t think I’d be able to take care of her, okay? It was for the best.” She said.

“What? Did you think she would tax too much onto your bills?” Rainbow sneered. “That’s disgusting.”

Spitfire looked ready to attack Rainbow. “That’s not, bucking, why.” She said through clenched teeth.

“Then why?!” Shining cut in. “Did you even try and find me? I would have gladly taken her in!”

“I already said; how in tartarus was I supposed to find you in the millions of ponies living in Canterlot?”

Twilight felt she was quickly losing control. “Everypony calm down! I’m sure we can-”

“You still could’ve taken her in yourself! It’d be better then some crummy orphanage! I at least figured you of all ponies would be responsible enough!”

“Would the orphanage have been better than the run down one bedroom apartment I lived in?”

“Having an actual parent would have been better!” Rainbow got out of her chair, ready for a fight. “I can’t believe I ever looked up to you!”

Spitfire sat up as well, and advanced towards her foe. “I bucking s-”

“EVERYPONY BE QUIET!” Twilight shouted, grabbing the two mares in a magic grasp. Rainbow and Spitfire immediately went still as stone, completely immobilized in Twilight's purple tinted magic aura. “I can’t believe I have to do this!” She complained, lifting both of them into the air and away from one another. “Seriously?! Did both of you forget the part at the beginning where I said act civil! And I thought you were both grown mares, for Celestia's sake!" Then she dropped the two pegasi back down onto the ground with a loud thud. “Both of you, out of my library. I don’t have time for this nonsense.”

Rainbow winced, Twilight’s words cutting her deep. “Listen Twi I’m really sorry I-”

Twilight ignored her, “Sorry isn’t a good excuse for nearly assaulting somepony. And don’t think you’re off the hook either Spitfire.” She added, casting a deathly glare at the wonderbolt. “Now both of you, just go.

Spitfire looked embarrassed, or mad, or sad. Twilight couldn’t tell at this point, she was too frustrated to care. Each pony picked themselves up and made their way to the door. Rainbow accidentally bumped into Spitfire, who, about to start the fight all over again, cast one glance at Princess Twilight’s gaze and fled, the prismatic pegasus quickly doing the same.

“So that was... interesting.” Shining Armor said.

Twilight gave him a look that said shut up, I’m too tired for this. Shining slowly got out of the chair and made his way upstairs, understanding how hard his little sister was to deal with when angry. Twilight lay back in her chair, exhausted from the frustration.

“Whoa!”

Suddenly, the kitchen door swung open and Scootaloo fell out along with it.

Twilight looked over at the heap of orange fur on the floor, she looked alright, just a bit bumped up. Then she said, “You were listening in through the crack, weren’t you?”

“Uhhhhh… Maybe?” Scootaloo said with a tacked on smile.

Of course. Twilight thought, burying her face in her hooves.

Comments ( 176 )

This may sound a bit rude but wouldn't having an illegitimate child have a horrific impact on Shining's reputation within the guard? He said he would've take Scootaloo in but I think it would've just been 'appropriate' for the moment so he didn't look like a complete @sshole.

Poor Twi, I can't imagine having to act as the neutral party in this.

Well at least this isn't dead. Would have liked it to be longer but I'll take what we can get:facehoof:

WOW IT'S ALIVE !!

4550979 I originally planned to have a sceane after this, but I got stuck for ideas so I moved it onto the beginning of chapter 4.

Obligatory IT LIVES!!!!! comment:pinkiehappy::scootangel:

“Rainbow!” Twilight said sharply, “Calm yourself down! I understand this is stressful, but you’re acting as childish as a foal who lost their favorite toy!”


“Rainbow please. Calm down.” Twilight said, practically begging.

It feels like there's something missing in here.

Cadence will be upset, then offer to adopt Scootaloo. Her offer will be turned down due to Scootaloo wanting to stay in Ponyville, and Rainbow will adopt her.

4551010

:facehoof:

Bpkyle777 is a fantastic editor but even he can miss things :derpytongue2:

I'll fix it.

4550963

That really depends on a lot of variables, including the opinion of the living goddess they serve. And as much as I like to dis Cake Flank, she does seem to be the sort who'd approve of a parent taking care of their child. Also, would he have cared about the damage to his reputation?

He seems like a stand up pony for the most part(even if his greatest skill is wife throwing) and his parents live right there in Canterlot. They seem affluent enough that Scootaloo would cause them little financial trouble, and the 'parents work while the Grandparents handle the kids' family dynamic is fairly common. In fact, there're long stretches of history in various places where it was considered the norm.

And Spitfire is lazy. They apparently knew each other's names at the time. Considering how distinct the Equestrian naming system is and the individualized tramp stamp each one of them gets, finding him would probably be simple. Take the train to Canterlot, go to post office, start asking questions.

I'm absolutely certain they have a great big list of names and associated addresses. Even if they refused to divulge his address, they likely would have delivered a letter to him. "Hey. You put a bun in my oven. You want it or should I donate it to charity?"

4551025
Still though, the victim, Scootaloo, had to suffer because Shining was unfortunately unaware while the other kept it secret and never tried to even bother raising her. I wonder how this will turn out though. Would Cadence accept her as a step daughter? Or will Spitfire take her child under her wing?

:pinkiehappy::scootangel: need moooorrreee!!! :pinkiehappy:


I like how this story is going!

Huzzah for updates!:yay:
Twilight did a good job diffusing the situation, even adults need a time out to calm down.:twilightsheepish:
Rainbow and Spitfire needs to talk things out and Shining Armor still has a lot of explaining to do. This should be good.:trixieshiftleft:

4551072

Cadence is a very nice pony from everything we've seen. She might be miffed about the entire thing but I think it's very highly probable that she'd take Scootaloo in(if Scoots is willing to leave Ponyville). Especially given that Scoots was conceived years before they were even engaged. Shining Armor also seems to be the type who'd take Scootaloo in both out of a sense of responsibility and more importantly because he seems to place high value on family(baring mind controlling roach ponies).

Spitfire? Spitfire knew where Scootaloo was. Did jack and shit about it. And every time Spitfire has appeared in the show, she's been a douche.

Hurricane Fluttershy? She sat on her plot while the critical water delivery was literally 2 wing power from success.
Rainbow Falls? She tried to backstab Soarin in order to recruit Rainbow.
Wonderbolts training camp? Signing autographs was more important than doing her job as a drill sergeant(seriously, she would've been court martialed in an actual military setting)
Grand Galloping Gala? IIRC, she blew off the pony who saved her life when she failed horribly at a basic rescue.

So.. just going from the show: Shining would do the best he can in the situation, Spitfire would be a douche, Scootaloo would want to stay in Ponyville but might end up going to the Crystal Empire.

The only thing I can complain about is the lack of commas.

"Scoot Twi is right."

Who's 'Scoot Twi'?

"Rainbow please. Clam down."

I heard Rainbows are cheap. Can I plllllleeeaseee have one!?!


Are some examples.

Well, that went about as well as I expected. I knew Scootaloo was going to listen from the kitchen. I don't think it was wise for Twilight to send Spitfire and Rainbow out of the library. They are more than likely going to fisticuffs as soon as they step outside.
Don't worry about taking 4 months to produce a chapter. Some stories have gone over a year without an update or have just been cancelled.:twilightangry2:

Thanks for the update! :pinkiehappy:

Ohh snap... Spitfire has angered Rainbow Dash over a topic of loyalty and her biggest fan/sister/daughter figure. She's in for it now... :scootangel:

I doubt Cadance would be all that upset. Presuming they were even in a serious relationship at the time, she's got Shining wrapped around her hoof. He strikes me as the type that probably spilled everything as soon as he came back from Filly, convinced that he ruined what he had with Cadance. Considering the amount of love he has for her was enough to beat Celestia, a drunken affair would be pretty minor...

Wuv... Twue wuv...

The tricky part of the next chapter is going to be the custody issue. Scoot's not going to want to leave Ponyville, Shining won't want to make her unhappy but will feel like he's abandoning her if he doesn't take her back to the Crystal Empire, and Rainbow will let herself get plucked before she allows Spitfire to get her hooves on her #1 fan...

:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

I think it'll be up to auntie Twilight to save the day... Again...

I feel like that F-bomb was a little out of place, especially since you used some form of buck after that. Either commit to it or don't, and "screwed" works just as well for keeping her vulgarity. Secondly, your use of commas, or lack thereof, is very jarring, and it wrecks the flow of some of the sentences. Finally, this sentence:

“No it isn’t some of these topics

I believe you are missing a hyphen and closing question mark, along with some sort of pause after "isn't", either a period, a comma, or a colon or semi-colon. I think a semi-colon makes the most sense.

Past that, this was a very good chapter, and I'm excited to see this story back in the saddle. If you ever need a proofreader/another editor, I'm available. :twilightsmile:

This is a good story and worth a story and I hope you continue. It brought a lot of thoughts in my head it makes me wonder what going to happen and I cannot stop but ask. Even if I know you would not answer even one of them.

What was Spitifire's life before the Wonderbolts? She indicated that she lived in a broken apartment, so its assume she was not even a Wonderbolt cannidate at the time. I wonder the reason she could not take care of Scootolo is she could not take care of herself and maybe in a job that no girl wants but many are forced to have.

What will happen to Scootolo now? While the mother gave up her rights to the child, the father didn't and she could be claimed for his family to be raised either Twilight or Shinning Armor would take care of her depending where they planned to live or if Cadance wants a child to raise, especially if she wants a bady as well.

Will Scootolo have a choice where she live? Techinically the girl is rolitity and on a more logestic point, she can't stay in the orphanage without fear someone would kidnap or kill her to control rolaty in Kingdom of Freindship (I assume a portion of Equestria) or the Crystal Empire. And yes this under the assumption anyone related to the Princesses are royal mainly due to Prince Blueblood and Clestia.

Will Scootolo be in dager? One thing the nobility hates to do is share power and the last thing they want after a powershift with Twilight being made Princess is another noble line popping up to contend with. Especially with a bloodline being closer to the throne then there are probably are.

And finally Spitfire? Will she have a say in the child's life, or will she give it up in self loathing.

I have to admid i only read the third chapter and want to get Scootaloo back to Spitfire, but i would like it if they only agreed to visit her certain days.
Or Scootaloo could ask if she had a chance to get them or her known better. what i mean is i don´t want to get Spitfire totally out of Character here, but i would like it if she agreed with a little resistance.

PS: Now for the Chapter : I would think the easiest explanation would be that she maybe was not ready for a child and don´t want a child back then, i mean she was probably don´t old enough and want to enjoyed her errr.......teen life a bit. To make it short, even if they get on an agreement which include them both to have certain days for scootaloo to visit them i still want Spitfire a bit grumpy.^^ She could be grumpy and still warming up to her:heart:

so yeah i like the story^^

The old drinking bang and ran.

4550963 To be fair, at the time... He might not have even been a member of the guard. It sounds more like both were twenty or so. Or whatever the fitting age would be among ponies in comparison to humans...Still a dick move, though, just leaving her after banging her. Even if he was unaware of the pregnancy..That's just being an asshole.

And on a different note, i am completely understanding of Spitfire's situation in this. Unlike RD, whom has clearly never even seen someone having problems with just finding a job, much less being a single mother. Spitfire, most likely, was NOT a member of the Wonderbolts at the time. We have no idea of her personal situation, aside from the housing, during her pregnancy. She could not have had a steady or well-paying job, and most likely felt completely incapable of being a good parent, possibly even worrying about being able to feed her in the first place..Not to mention the various insurances, an Education plan, getting a good place to live with her in mind....

I'm just going to say, as a person with several friends whom got pregnant very young? I completely understand her (Probable) situation.

I had forgotten this story even existed. Hopefully you'll get the next chapter out sooner. But, we shall see.
Anyway, great chapter. I liked it.

as i was reading this, i saw Twilight as there mom, don't know why as at least one of them is older then her

4551019

i.imgur.com/mC7bXlX.jpg
No comment.

As for what 4551137 and 4551208 pointed out, I didn't know that you added a bit more before you uploaded this, so most of those are not on me. :eeyup:

:rainbowderp: I think I read this chapter in under 5 minutes

Wow is the only thing I can say.

Wow, this. I like this. :yay:

Scoots deserves to have this situation resolved though. Moar. :rainbowkiss:

I have to agree with Rainbow Dash with this. My mom and father are in and out of debt. There were times when hell was unleashed and I thought nothing good would happen. Yet- I couldn't agree more to be with them. I learned so much from them. If I never had my family, then..well..it wouldn't be right. I know Spits' position (hell-my family lived it. I remember I couldn't have my own room until last year. I basically slept in the same room as my siblings. Hell- at least at one point EVERYONE slept in one area)

The point is-it doesn't matter whether your exactly in the greatest of positions. All that matters is that your surrounded by people who care. Spitfire sent her away, never even gave her a chance to be with family. Even poor, you have family. When you remove it..then..what else do you have? Thats why I can't agree with Spitfire.

I doubt Spitfire came to the decision easily. She no doubt had some soul searching and decided that Scootaloo would have been better off. Which might have been true, if a family adopted her..... But no one did :fluttercry:

“No it isn’t some of these topics

needs end " marks.
__________________________

Just read this fic. I have to say that I'm as disappointed in Spits as Dashie is. Not just because she put her in an Orphanage, that could be understandable if she really felt that it was for the best. But all those times she passed through Ponyville, and that one cannon time in the show. She never checked up to see if Scoots was stuck there or not? Never made the attempt to see that now she's made it big, if her daughter was taken care of.

But I do have lots of pity for Shining Armor. Seeing as it was 10 yrs ago, long before Shining and Cadance technically were together. I don't think Caddy would be mad. I think she'd be a cool second mom. If Shining decides to be more of a father to Scoots, and I wonder what Spits will do. Good fic. I can't wait to see what happens next.

such an interesting fic, please continue :twilightsmile:
Twilight needs one of Spike's special massages to relax, all this stress is not good for

Twilight's going to grow grey hair :P :rainbowkiss:

I'm more on Shining's side than Spitfire's right now. She could have looked in on Scootaloo after she joined the Wonderbolts. Shining had no clue Scootaloo even existed and I can totally see him trying to make up for years of missed birthdays, Heart Warming Eves, and fighting Monsters under the Bed.

4551025 This post made me laugh... but it is also full of good points and makes lots of sense.
4551124 Again, this post made me laugh with your term for Chrysalis and your descriptions of ponies' behavior... and I agree with everything about Cadence and Shining you said.
4551149 Random ponies: Why are two grown Pegasi mares rolling around in the street and fighting like they're foals?
4551149 I hadn't thought about the Loyalty aspect... yeah, get ready for a Rainboom to the face Spitfire!

4551195 Staying with Twilight seems to be the best bet since I doubt Scootaloo can reach Rainbow's cloud house at this point. But I can totally see Shining and Cadence coming to visit every weekend so they can get to know Scootaloo better.

4551245 I think all of us are leaning in the Spitfire gets diddly squat. But your comment on the nobles is kind of scary... I can just see a noble *cough*Blueblood*cough* having Scootaloo fillynapped... and just as they're gloating over her the whole wall gets blasted away by a very angry Twilight, Cadence, and Shining Magic Barrage allowing Rainbow to swoop in and save Scoots.

4551329 I agree with what you're saying, but the fact that later on when she WAS successful Spitfire made no effort to track down Scootaloo to at least make sure she was happy is a major sticking point with us.

4552108 I agree Cadence would be a good mom to Scoots.

Hmm. Yeah Spitfire comes across as a bit of a bitch in this. As pointed out previously due to naming System, Vast Varieties of coloration, and Cutie Marks it would be a good deal easier to find a particular someone even in a large cites then it would be in our world so one has to question how much effort if any Spitfire put into looking for Shining. Not to mention the fact that Shining despite being only a few years older then Twilight is already head of the Canterlot Guard meaning he seems to be a quick riser and somepony of note. Lets not forget that both the Guard and Wonderbolts are military and such Shining and Spitfire should have had some knowledge of each other given they both head there respective branches. Not to mention he is related to Twilight Sparkle a direct Pupil of the Princess. Even if she couldn't have found him then when he married the Princess of the Crystal Kingdom and niece of the Immortal Ruler of Equestria she had to know who he was and where he was then. Not informing a guy he has a kid is in my opinion unconscionable. Also another thing to point out is even after Spitfire got her feet under her she came to get Scootaloo or even sent her so much as a present despite being Leader of a Military Outfit which I imagine would have a decent salary.

Given that Cadance and Shining where a couple since High School according to the comics I can't see Shining Armor not informing her of his unfaithfulness given how strong his love for her is. Even if he has not I am having a really really hard time seeing him unwilling to take Scoots in at this point. We have seen little but good things from Shining so seeing him being a heel in this situation would be unlikely. In fact I'm kinda surprised that after he left he didn't go immediately looking for Scootaloo. I am also having a hard time seeing Cadence not forgiving Shining if she doesn't already know about the one night stand and I have an even harder time seeing her not being willing to adopt Scootaloo given she is the princess of love. Only way I can see this not working is Deus ex Machina of Some Crystal Kingdom law saying they can't adopt. Which I find unlikely.

Now for Scootaloo. What is she going to want. Well I imagine Spitfire isn't looking to good right now having admitted to giving her up and never looking back where as Shining Armor's innocence in the fact of simply not knowing of her will likely by him some leeway especially if he seems willing to try and make up for time lost. As I have previously stated more then likely Cadance will be willing to adopt Scootaloo so this gives Scootaloo one hell of an option. Come to the Crystal Kingdom get the loving family she always wanted with a bonus of being Rich, Famous, and Royalty and totally being able to rub it Diamond Tiara's face. Though I suppose it could be argued she is already royalty by being related to Twilight. This does leave her the downsides of being away from Rainbow Dash and the rest of the CMC.

However this provides opportunity to Shining Armor. He can mitigate the downsides and endear himself to his daughter through a couple of means. Rainbow Dash could be swayed to the Crystal Kingdom by giving he a position on an Athletic team(Which he has been shown to run) or if he REALLY wants to get back at Spitfire by setting up a Crystal Kingdom Variation of the Wonderbolts building around Dash. Remember that while Dash's dream is to be a Wonderbolt that is really more a means to an end. She wants to be recognized as one of if not the best flier in Equestria as her main goal. The Wonderbolts are widely regarded as that however she was also willing to Join the Shadowbolts when they acknowledged her skills only for her loyalty to her friends to cause her to turn down their offer. Given her anger at Spitfire currently if offered an opportunity to slap her in the face with Dash basically creating her own team Dash might just snap up the chance without thinking how this would separate her from the rest of the Mane 6. Though given Dash's Speed and the fact that the train ride to the Crystal Kingdom doesn't seem overly long this may be a complete none issue.

This brings up the other thing Scootaloo would be reluctant to leave, her friends. Again the distance doesn't seem too great as in Season 4 Scootaloo was able to ride her scooter all the way to the Crystal Empire by herself but assuming the distance is greater then portrayed in the show(Which seems logical) There are a number of work around available. One would be Scootaloo staying with Aunt Twilight on the weekends splitting her time between CK and Ponyville. Another would be inviting Sweetie belle and Applebloom to the Crystal Kingdom under guise of a Scholarship. This is possible as it would likely put them in a better school then Cherilee's and would get them away from Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Though removing the CMC from their families so Scoots can be with hers has some irony but the benefits to them might outweigh the trepidation. Another option would be Scootaloo staying with Auntie Twilight fulltime and visiting Shining regularly. I am not a fan of this option as I don't see it in Shining's character to give up on Scootaloo being with him and I can't see Scootaloo giving up having a close Mom and Dad just for being able to spend more time with her friends.

All in all I applaud the author for giving rise to so much speculation for the next chapter. I hope I have guessed right on at least some of my ideas.

Shining had no clue Scootaloo even existed and I can totally see him trying to make up for years of missed birthdays, Heart Warming Eves, and fighting Monsters under the Bed.

OMC! 4550994 please do that. I've never read a Cadance as a mom fic, and 4552273's idea was right in that Shining would totally do that, and I'd love to see that.


4552273

You're opening statement [quote above] is so true, and with how noone's done a fic that focuses on Cadance as a mom. It'd be interesting.

4551072 He's married to the alicorn of love, what to you think?

4552419
Well, Cadence would most likely be forgiving and treat Scootaloo as her own daughter. Yet the thought that nags me is that Shining having a daughter that wasn't hers (Cadence) would cause some kind of rift between the two or some kind of problem. "Hey honey, just found out I had an illegitimate kid after several years that I slept with a random girl in a bar with." How can you really explain that one? Still though, I don't see her leaving Shining, yet every actions demands another.

4552273 ..Shame and fear are powerful things, friend...

No matter her situation, any mother whom feels like a mother want their child to be loved, and to love them in return.......

...She feels she failed...

I thought this was abandoned for a little bit.

But I still have to ask, what happens after this? I mean, we all settled what has happened already, but what are we supposed to assume what happens next?

Comment posted by Anyne deleted Jun 16th, 2014

4552614
Maybe Spitfire assumed Scootaloo had already been adopted into a happy, loving family, and didn't want to risk complicating her life possibly years later by looking in on her?

Though-it wouldn't have been hard to find out where Shining was..despite claims (he was head of guard even when Twilight was younger.) She could have told him before the wedding, during the Grand Galloping Gala, etc. Yet, she never says a word. Partly, she should have checked more than she has. It wasn't fair for any party.

Then it was the orphanage thing. I understand your child and you want your child to live a happy life, but wasn't there better options? Many people, while it might suck, survive in such conditions.Family is important. It doesn't matter whether you in a bind at the moment. I've been through hell and back-but its worth it. You might not be wealthy or have much of anything, but you have family. She should take responsibility-if he's a dick for doing that then so is she. If you still want your child somewhere better-open adoption.

Besides, Spitfire was JUST as bitchy. Don't tell me she's completely innocent because of her past. She should have told them.
4551329

There was a pregnant pause.

So close...

4552273
I'm still not sure about Spitfire for I think I need more information that depend on three questions to answer before I get a pich fork and run her out of the country.
How old was Spitfire when she got pregant?
Did she have a imediate family to help her?
What was her income at the time?

Her answer better be two off the following to save face:
Below the age of eighteen to twenty one (depenind on menal maturity) or whatever the age for young, mature adult.
No Imediate Family
Low Income

Because if its two of those are her answers, especially no imediate family, and I think giving Scootalo up maybe the best. Staticially, a child is more liky to survive in a orphanage then destute with the mother, as well as less likly to be abused. I have a sad feeling Spitfire was all three.

If not, then she is probably going to be sent to tartrus by Twilight, along with anyone else that try to harm Scootalo within Equestria or out (power play by foreigners are more expected then murder for gain). After all, the over protective, crazy aunt is the most powerful one.

Login or register to comment