• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 1,883 Views, 29 Comments

Turnabout Reincarnation - unleashedtwilight



Zecora is murdered in the Everfree Forest, and the Pony on trial is... FLUTTERSHY!?

  • ...
3
 29
 1,883

Chapter 1

"Please, my friend. I must insist you do not be here in the end!"

"In the end...? What do you mean?"

"A pony is coming this way, a pony with which I sensed great evil, getting worse day by day."

"But you told me she was a friend!... What has she done to make you think she's evil??"

"Please Fluttershy I must urge you to--"

*THUNK*

...

"You talk way too much..."

"Wh...why!? Why would you do this to her!?"

"...I didn't do this... You did..."

There was a high pitched scream...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Golden Oak Library
December 24th, 1:45PM

A huge flash engulfed the library frightening the purple dragon. But his fears passed as he saw it was Twilight coming through and...

"Phoenix!!" Spike exclaimed running up to the defense attorney. "You have no idea how awful it is! Fluttershy--!"

"He knows, Spike. I already explained everything to him before we got back." Twilight said to the purple dragon.

Spike then turned his attention to everyone else. "Wait, who are they? I mean, I recognize the judge but everyone else looks different."

"Spike," Phoenix started. "These are my assistants, Maya and Pearls."

"Assistants?"

"Well, more friends than assistants but yeah." Phoenix turned his attention to the man in the red suit. "And this is my friend since I was young, Miles Edgeworth."

"Oh my gosh!" Peal spoke out. "He's so cute!!" She exclaimed hugging the baby dragon.

"C-cute...!?" Spike said in embarrassment.

"Oh he so is!" Maya added hugging the baby dragon as well.

"I must say that it is wonderful to be back in Equestria again! All these ponies are simply marvelous!" The judge said with a grin on his face.

"Wright..." Edgeworth spoke out. "When you told me the situation over the phone, I nearly thought you were going insane... Is everyone in... equestria a talking horse?"

"Hey! What's with humans calling us horses?" The purple unicorn exclaimed. "It's pony. Not horse. PONY!"

"M-my apologies Miss. Sparkler..."

This time Twilight looked like she was about to lose it. "IT'S... SPARKLE!!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. "NOT... SPARKLER!!"

"T-twilight take it easy!" Phoenix said. "It's only his first time here after all!"

"Urg..." Twilight groaned. "I think we should just get on to the investigation."

"Shouldn't we visit the defendant first? Fluttershy?"

"Unfortunately, visiting hours aren't until later in the afternoon. We're going to have to start the investigation first this time."

"I suppose I'll start the investigation..." Edgeworth said walking out the door.

"H-hey!" Phoenix exclaimed. "Don't you think you should investigate with us??"

There was a short pause before he answered. "Regardless the circumstance, I intend to question the defendant with all I have. For that is apart of my creed."

Everyone just looked at Edgeworth in shock... All except Phoenix who had a confident smile on his face. "Then, you better bring it in court. But wait, do you even know where to find the Everfree forest?”

Edgeworth smirked walking out the door. “Don’t worry, Wright. I shouldn’t have too much trouble.”

"Phoenix, I thought you said he was going to help..." Twilight said. "But it looks like all he wants is to see Fluttershy get a guilty verdict...!"

"That's just how he is, Twilight. But don't you worry, I know what I'm doing picking him as prosecutor." Phoenix paused. "We've both helped each other a lot in the past, and I'm sure when the right moment presents itself, he'll help us again."

"If you say so... I'm trusting you Mr. Wright."... "Ah!"

"W-what is it??"

"Your attorney badge! Where is it??"

"Huh?" Maya spoke out. "What do you mean? He's wearing it."

"No! That's not the right badge for Equestria! He was given one by the princess specifically for Equestria's trial!"

"Can't I just get another one??" Phoenix asked.

"Hang on! I have to send a letter to--"

*knock
Knock
Knock*

"Who could that be?" Twilight asked opening the door.

"FEENIE!!" A pink pony ran in hugging the unsuspecting defense attorney. "I'm so happy to see you again!!"

"P-pinkie Pie, that hurts..." Phoenix let out.

"Oops! Sorry about that!" Pinkie got off and quickly got a look at the others. "Ooohhh... Who are they?"

"Hi, I'm Pearl!" Pearl was the first to speak out. "I've never seen a pink talking pony before!"

"WOW! You're small!" Pinkie giggled. "Humans must grow a lot!"

"And I'm Maya!" Maya said with a smile. "Me and Pearly always help Nick with his cases!"

"Who's Nick?"

"Uh... It's their nickname for me..." Phoenix said rubbing the back of his head.

Pinkie Pie just laughed. "But it sounds nothing like your name! I like FEENIE better!"

"Wait a second..." Twilight interrupted. "Didn't Princess Celestia call you that name before you left?"

"Yeah... And she also told me to give Maya, Pearl, and Edgeworth her regards..." Phoenix said. "I still find it strange..."

"How did she know about us...? I think I would've remembered meeting a princess." Maya said.

"I have no idea..." Twilight said. "She can be very secretive at times. Like she knows more than she's letting on a lot." There was another knock on the door. "Huh? Who could that be?" Twilight said opening the door quickly gasping.

"What is it? Who's at the door?" Phoenix asked.

"It's... Princess Luna!"

"Princess Luna??"

Just then, a dark blue alicorn with waving hair walked into the room, holding a letter. She immediately turned to me. "Mr. Wright I presume?"

"Uh... Yeah, that's me." Phoenix said. This one is almost as tall as Celestia!

"I've come to bring you something from my sister, personally." She levitated a pink badge. "She assumed you would've forgotten it."

"Uh..." Phoenix blushed. "She assumed right..." He smiled sheepishly and grabbed the pink heart attorney badge. "So wait, your sister is Princess Celestia?"

"Yes, she is my older sister." Luna paused. "She also sent me to allow you to enter the detention center a little early."

"Well that's great! When should we go?"

"Immediately." Luna said with a stern tone.

"Luna's right. We have to get all the information we can out of Fluttershy." Twilight said.

"Well, alright..." Phoenix said. "Let's go... Wait." Phoenix paused. "Pearls, why don't you stay here with Pinkie Pie, Spike, and the judge?"

"Okay Mr. Nick. I understand." Pearl nodded.

"Alright, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Detention Center
December 24th, 1:55PM

“I can’t even imagine how nervous fluttershy must be…” Phoenix sighed.

“She must be terrified…” Twilight added. “Being a pony like her, this must be killing her…”

“H..huh…?” A voice said from the other room in detention. “P-Phoenix…!?”

Phoenix, Maya, and Twilight all turned their attention to Fluttershy, who was still in tears. “Oh my gosh…” Maya let out.

“Phoenix…!” Fluttershy managed to to say in a slightly louder tone. “Oh I'm so happy to see you...! You know I didn’t do it, I would never kill her!”

“I know Fluttershy… I intend to prove that in court.” Phoenix said. “Oh, I suppose I should introduce you… this is my friend, Maya Fey.” He said as Maya slightly bowed.

“I can’t believe this is happening again…” Fluttershy sniffed.

“Are you sure it wasn’t an accident…?”

“I’m positive!” Fluttershy exclaimed surprising everyone. “A knife isn’t a force of nature…” Fluttershy looked down. “And I saw the real killer do it…”

“W…”

“WHAAAT!?” Everyone exclaimed.

“Fluttershy, you didn’t tell us you saw the real killer!” Twilight exclaimed. “How could you leave such important information away from us??”

“Because I don’t want any of you getting hurt!” Fluttershy exclaimed.

“Any of… what does this have to do with us??”

“She told me if I reported her, she would kill one of my closest friends…”

“Do you know the name of this pony…?” Phoenix asked.

“No… I had no idea who she was or why she wanted to kill Zecora…” Fluttershy said trying to hold back tears. “Phoenix it was like looking at a demon from Tartarus… her red hair… that evil grin… the look in her eyes… it’s not pony!”

“Did you see what kind of pony it was??” Phoenix asked.

“She was an earth pony… with a flower for a cutie mark…”

“Are you sure you don’t know the name of this pony?” Phoenix asked holding his hand in his pocket.

“I told you Mr. Phoenix… I don’t know…” Fluttershy turned away…

Just then, a numerous amount of chains and five red locks could be seen around Fluttershy. Just as I thought… she’s hiding something else. But why would she try to hide the pony’s name? Maybe… maybe this killer is craftier than we thought… “Alright, thanks Fluttershy.” Phoenix said. “One more question; what were you doing in the Everfree forest anyways?”

“I went to see Zecora and check if she had any remedies for one of my animals, angel bunny. He’s really sick.” Fluttershy answered.

Hmmm… nothing this time. Guess I can trust her on that. At least it’s not the same thing that happened with Rainbow Dash… “Thank you Fluttershy. We’re going to go investigate the crime scene and--”

“NO!!” Fluttershy screamed. “You can’t go into the forest now!”

“W-why not!?”

“Because the real killer is still in there somewhere!!”

What!?” Phoenix exclaimed. “But Edgeworth just went to investigate the Everfree Forest!”

“Oh my…!” Fluttershy exclaimed.

“I have to go find him!” Phoenix exclaimed and without another word, ran out the door.

“Phoenix wait!” Twilight exclaimed running after him along with Maya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everfree Forest Entrance
December 24th, 2:25PM

“Edgeworth!!” Phoenix called out from the entrance, about to run in until he was stopped by a tackling Maya. “Maya get off!”

“Are you insane!?” Twilight exclaimed. “Fluttershy just said that the killer could still be in there, and you just go running in like a maniac!?”

“I have to find him!”

“Edgeworth will be fine!” Maya exclaimed trying to keep Phoenix down. “You have to have more faith in him!” But without another word, Phoenix pushed himself off and continued running in. “Nick!!”

“I don’t understand, he never acted this way the last time he was in Equestria!” Twilight exclaimed. “Come on!” they were about to bolt until they were stopped by a rainbow maned pegasus.

“Whoa, what the hay is going on!?” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“Ah!” Maya exclaimed. “P-picture!”

“Huh??” Rainbow looked at Maya. “Who in the hoof are you!?”

“Rainbow Dash, there’s no time for introductions! Phoenix just ran into the Everfree Forest with a killer on the loose!” Twilight exclaimed in a panic.

“WHAT!?” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “Nix is in there with a killer!?” she said getting ready to fly. “Wait here!” She quickly flew into the Everfree Forest!”

“No! Rainbow Dash!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everfree Forest
December 24th, 2:30PM

“Nix! NIX!!” Rainbow Dash called out flying around the forest aimlessly. “Where are you!?” The Rainbow maned pegasus pony just kept searching until she saw a tall figure. “Nix! there you are!” She flew in at top speeds about to catch up to him, but then stopped when she saw the figure’s face. “Huh??”

“What in the!?” Edgeworth exclaimed turning to Rainbow Dash. “Who are you??”

“I should be asking you that question! Why are you in the Everfree Forest with a killer on the loose!?”

“I’m here investiga--... wait, did you say the killer is in this forest as we speak!?”

“That’s what Twilight told me!”

“Look, I have to find evidence for the trial!”

“Did you not hear what I just said!?”

“I heard you loud and clear, but I have made risks such as this in the past.”

“Who are you anyways?”

“Edgeworth, Miles Edgeworth.” They both seemed to be calm. “How did you know I was in here?”

“I didn’t…” Rainbow Paused. “Twilight said that she saw Phoenix run into the forest!”... “NIX!!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed flying off.

“Wait!” Edgeworth exclaimed only to get ignored. “Urg…” he sighed and continued to look for evidence.

“Hello.” A voice said from behind Edgeworth.

“Huh?” he said looking at where the voice came from. “What…!?” he said in shock. In front of him was a red haired earth pony with a flower for a cutie mark.

“What are you doing in the forest at this time?” The pony asked. “There’s a killer on the loose after all.”

“I came in here looking for evidence… you see I’m the prosecutor for the trial of Fluttershy…”

The Red haired earth pony smiled slightly. “Well, let me tell you that I saw the whole thing happen right before me… I’ll even show you where.”

“You witnessed the murder…?” Edgeworth asked. “You saw Fluttershy kill the victim…?”

“Yes. And like I said I’ll show you where it happened.” Edgeworth just paused staring at the pony, lost in thought. “What’s the matter? Are you afraid of the killer being there as well?”

“N-no, it’s… I feel as though we have met before.”

The pony paused before she responded. “I promise you, we have never met. You are a human after all…”

Comments ( 20 )

Edgeworth, run you bloody idiot Ruuuun! :twilightoops:

great fic so far, continue with Turnabout Reunion will ya? or is that story set after THIS one?

3825731

As i said in the description, it's an alternate sequel.

Looking forward to seeing both this and Turnabout Reunion updated. :twilightsmile:

This is great! Please update Turnabout Reunion as well!

Please Edgeworth, please realize that is Dahlia Hawthorne, wait a minute, do you think Maya or Pearl could channel Zecora?

Edgeworth's instincts are WAY SHARPER than that...
Edgeworth don't DIE here! You still have a Cameo appearance in Dual Destinies to do!

Update this and Reunion if you can.

3825768
Oh right sorry, didn't read it lool. Hope so see more. you know what this calls for?

when she got exposed again! play the cornered 2004 theme.

3827513

when you say the 2004 one, do you mean the actual 2004 one or the 2001 remix?

3827920
actual, cause its the theme that fits Mia Fey well, Turnabout Queen in action

I bet when Phoenix sees Dahlia, she'll call him "Feenie" just to spite him. I think this should be a real film just like Turnabout Storm!

*sits anxiously on edge of seat*

:pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I don't know why but I....I just don't like this story, I mean, I want to. I REALLY WANT TO! But I mean, I mean I'm fine with dahlia Hawthorne being the killer, but only if we didn't know that, I don't know, I'm even fine with knowing who the killer is!.......as long I didn't actually know she was a killer.

I also don't really like the pacing in this book, or maybe I just don't like turnabout storm sequels, whatever, sorry, I just don't like it.

When's the next chapter gonna be uploaded?! :flutterrage:

I need to see what happens please tell me you will have another chapter up soon this is getting good:twilightsmile:

Please continue this dude... This is great stuff

Oh God oh God...is that Dahlia Hawthorne?!?!

AH SUCUBIS PONY!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE! BANANA SPLIT MAN!! LET'S BLOW THIS CHICKEN STAND I DONT KNOW

This is amazing so far, I can't wait for the next chapter!!!

Are you gonna continue this story? It's sooooo good so far.

Wait... Red adorable Earth pony blaming it on Fluttershy?
That bitch is going to die!

Login or register to comment