• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 1,883 Views, 29 Comments

Turnabout Reincarnation - unleashedtwilight



Zecora is murdered in the Everfree Forest, and the Pony on trial is... FLUTTERSHY!?

  • ...
3
 29
 1,883

Prologue

Golden Oak Library
June 11th, 2:30PM

“How did you manage to get her to come here?” Twilight asked tilting her head.

“Well, Pinkie Pie did, not me…” Phoenix answered.

“Still, her show was a bit more tolerable than it was last time…”

“It may be because I’m still new here, but I thought the magic she did was amazing.” Phoenix smiled.

“I’m not talking about the magic, I mean the name-calling and boasting; she was a little more tolerable than last time she was in Ponyville. I think she may be on the road to a better life-style.” Twilight smiled.

Rarity on the other hand just gave a look of doubt and anger. “What are you talking about, Twilight!? That conceited, ill-mannered, unsavory, degenerate called me Hag-ity! I’m not a hag!” Rarity exclaimed.

“And did you hear what she said to me!?” Applejack added. “She told me to lend myself as a rodeo clown! better life-style my hoof!”

“Baby steps girls, baby steps…” Twilight smiled sheepishly. “By the way, did you ask Trixie the question yet?” Twilight asked turning to Phoenix.

“Yeah. I did…” Phoenix said feeling a little embarrassed.

“So, you saw them…” Twilight turned her head.

“I didn’t see anything.” Phoenix said making Twilight look confused. “I asked the question you told me to ask her, but nothing happened.”

“Nothing?”

“Well… uh… something happened…”

“N-nevermind, nothing happened…” Phoenix said smiling sheepishly himself.

“But I could’ve sworn…”

“Hello.” Princess Celestia said interrupting their conversation.

Whoa! This is the first thing in Equestria that meets me on eye level! Phoenix thought to himself in astonishment.

“Princess!” Twilight said with a bright smile.

“Uh… Princess?” Phoenix said turning back to Celestia.

“Phoenix! Bow!” Twilight said sternly.

“It’s alright Twilight; there’s no need for him to bow.” Celestia responded.

So this is her… Phoenix said staring at the sun goddess. I want an explanation, now! “H-Hey, you!”

“Yes?” Celestia asked tilting her head.

“Twilight told me you told her to bring me here because you knew me!” Phoenix exclaimed. “Then you told her to deceive me!”

“Oh, she did, now?” Celestia said turning to her student.

“I’m sorry, but I had to tell him…” Twilight said looking a little guilty.

There was a short pause before Celestia turned back to Phoenix. “I understand… I really appreciate what you’ve done for my subjects, Phoenix. It’s really an honor meeting you.”

“But Princess, you said you knew him…” Twilight said.

“I’ve NEVER seen you in my life,” Phoenix added. “and you couldn’t have watched any of my trials. You’re not exactly inconspicuous.”

There was another short pause before Celestia spoke. “Why I’m here though, is to deliver your payment. I’d rather deliver it personally, as something seems to be wrong with the mail in Ponyville. I sent out a letter a few days ago and only yesterday did the recipient get it. I wonder what happened…” Celestia said with a confused look on her face.

“Uh- heh heh… yeah… I wonder…” Twilight said smiling sheepishly.

“Wait… you’re paying me?” Phoenix asked a little surprised.

“Of course.” Celestia said with a warm smile. “You didn’t expect to be rewarded for your efforts?”

“It’s just I’m not used to being paid real money for my work…” Phoenix admitted. “Most of my clients pay me with an ‘IOU’...”

“Well, here is a symbol of mine, and everypony’s gratitude…” Celestia said giving Phoenix a big bag of bits. “I thank you again. I don’t think a defense attorney in Equestria would have been able to do what you did. You see, Equestria has been in quite the peaceful state for centuries outside of a few minor crimes, and it turns out it still is, as you proved the crime was nothing more than an accident.”

“Then what’s with the royal escort?” Phoenix asked referring to the guards. “I mean, if it’s so peaceful and all…”

“Even though it’s peaceful, there are still entities who try to disrupt the peace. That’s what the guards are for.” Celestia smiled. “But most of the time, these guards are around for ceremonial reasons.” she giggled. “In fact, these past few days are probably going to be the most excitement they will have for a long time.”

“I see…”

“Oh, right! Phoenix?”

“Yeah?”

“Please give Maya, Pearl, and Edgeworth my regards. It’s a shame I couldn’t meet them as well.”

This time Phoenix was beyond shocked. “B-but… but how…?”

“Goodbye, Phoenix… Or you prefer Nick, don’t you?”

“How do you know all this about me!?”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everfree Forest
Date:???, Time:???

Where… where the hell am I…? A strange female earth pony with red hair got from what had looked like a long sleep. What is this place…? “Ah!” she exclaimed in the realization of what happened. “My sister… that traitor!!” The pony exclaimed in anger hitting the ground. But then went into another realization… What the… where are my hands!? she tried to stand on two legs but quickly lost her balance falling over. “Ugh…” the pony groaned as she crawled toward the nearest puddle, only to have a look of complete and utter shock at her own reflection. “What’s happened to me!? Is this supposed to be a punishment!?” she groaned again and tried to stand, only this time on all fours.

“It wasn’t just my sister…” the pony looked down. “It was him… and her!!” she exclaimed in the open forest. “Mia Fey… MIA FEY!!!”

“Who makes this noise?” A voice asked as the red headed earth pony turned to where the voice came from. It was a strange looking zebra.

What the hell is going on here!? Is this supposed to be hell!? Or am I somehow still alive… she thought to herself.

“Who are you?” The zebra asked. “Have you come traveling from Ponyville too?”

“Ponyville…? I’ve never heard of it.” The Zebra raised an eyebrow at the redhead earth pony.

“That is a surprise to me, for Ponyville is just a short distance from my tree.” The zebra paused examining the unknown pony. “May I ask your name?”

The pony paused before answering. “Dahlia… Dahlia Hawthorne.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wright and Co. Law Offices
December 24th, 12:00PM

“Come on Nick!” Maya exclaimed. “We need to get a tree!”

“Maya, for the billionth time, I’m not going to put a Christmas tree inside the office.” Phoenix stated.

“Man, I swear, you get more and more boring by the day!”

“Mr. Nick.” Pearl exclaimed stepping in. “Are you upsetting Mystic Maya again?? You know you shouldn’t be upsetting the person you’re going to spend your life with!”

I seriously don’t need this right now… Phoenix thought to himself. “Alright, you win, you and Pearls can go pick out a tree so we can decorate it.”

“Yes!” Maya exclaimed happily.

“I knew you couldn’t say no!” Pearl exclaimed as well. “You would do anything for Mytica Maya, wouldn’t you?” Phoenix sighed.

“We’ll see you later Nick!” Maya said as she headed out the door.

“Goodbye Mr. Nick!” Pearl added following Maya.

Phoenix just sighed in relief as he went to sit at his desk. Finally some peace and quiet… he thought to himself. Those two girls are tough… especially Pearls. She always expects me to do so much for Maya. I guess it’s understandable considering her past family customs. Plus there aren’t that many men in the village she came from… Kurain Village. The place where both Maya and Pearls came from. I’ve only been there once, and that one time turned out to be a horrible time for Maya. She was accused of another murder because Pearls mother, Morgan Fey basically framed her. Her intention was to originally have Pearls be the next master of the Kurain Channeling technique, but her plan backfired, and she was sent to prison. Phoenix stopped and opened his drawer revealing a very familiar picture. I wonder If I’ll ever be able to see them again… Phoenix just sighed placing the picture back in the drawer, closing it.

“Nick!” Maya exclaimed walking back in. “They said that there aren’t anymore trees for sale! Go chop one down and bring it back here!”

“Do I look like a lumberjack??”

“Please??”

“No!” Phoenix then felt a slap from Pearl. “Ow!”

“You have to do what she says Mr. Nick!” Pearl firmly exclaimed.

Why me…? Phoenix then saw Peal sneak by him and open his drawer. “H-hey!”

“You still have this!?” Pearl asked showing the picture of seven ponies around Phoenix. “What did we say about creepy pictures Mr. Nick!”

Phoenix just snatched the picture out of Pearl’s hand. “It’s not creepy, it’s a momento!”

“Nick, there’s no such thing as magic talking horses.” Maya said with a smug grin on her face.

I knew I should’ve never told them… “They are real.”

“No they aren’t.” Pearl said. “You really need to act your own age Mr. Nick!”

Great, I’m being told I need to act my own age by the nine year old…

Just as Phoenix was about to argue with Pearl, there was a huge flash. “What the!?” Phoenix exclaimed covering his eyes. Eventually the bright flash faded revealing a small figure. “I...it’s you…”

“Phoenix…” the purple unicorn. “I’m so glad I found you here…” she said in tears.

“Huh?” Phoenix said looking at her. “Twilight, what happened? Why are you crying?"

“Phoenix… it’s horrible… there was a murder in Equestria, but this time I’m sure it’s murder.”

“W-what!?” Phoenix exclaimed. “How can you tell!?”

“Because, knives don’t fall from the sky Mr. Wright!” Twilight snapped and slowly looked down. “It killed one of my friends…”

“What!? Who!?”

“Z...Zecora…” Twilight Paused. “She lived in the Everfree forest…” she paused for a second to notice a shocked Maya and Pearl Fey. “I’m… sorry, who might you be?”

Maya and Pearl couldn’t help but stare at the purple colored unicorn. There was a few seconds of silence until Maya broke it. “Y...you’re real??”

“Of course I’m real!” Twilight exclaimed.

“I uh… tried to tell them, but they didn’t believe me.” Phoenix shook his head. “So who’s the one being accused for murder this time?”

Twilight looked down before she answered. “F...Fluttershy…” she choked saying her name.

“WHAT!?” Phoenix exclaimed. “That’s just insane! There’s no way she could’ve done it!”

“I tried telling the police that, but they wouldn’t listen to reason! Please Phoenix, I need your help one last time… I need you to prove my friend innocent.”

Phoenix just looked down. I can’t believe this is happening again… I can’t just leave Fluttershy. She would never do such a thing! “Alright Twilight. I’ll defend her.”

“Hold it!” Maya exclaimed. “Where do you think you’re going!?”

“Maya, I have to do this!”

“Not without us, you’re not!” Maya exclaimed. “We were worried sick about you the last time you disappeared!”

“Yeah!” Pearl added. “You’re taking us with you!”

Phoenix just looked back at Twilight. “Do you mind if they come as well…?”

“Not at all.” Twilight nodded. “I’ll also need to transport the judge as well… hmm…”

“What’s the matter?”

“Well, we’re in need of a prosecutor as well, and Trixie doesn’t want to be the prosecution this time.”

“Don’t worry, I think I may know a prosecutor qualified for the job.” Phoenix then took his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number, waiting for someone to answer.

“Edgeworth? It’s Phoenix…”