• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 7,397 Views, 194 Comments

Video Game Criss-Cross! - Kapwnage



Follow Twilight and Dr. Whooves through many dimensions in order to save their universe.

  • ...
10
 194
 7,397

Portal

The room was a bright white, and the glare hurt the Doctors eyes. He squinted to see what was in front of him. He walked forward. After his eyes adjusted, he looked around. Twilight got up after him. They didn't say a word, but instead looked around. The room looked "Half put together" like someone rushed the construction.

"Where are we now?" She asked.

"You know, every time you ask me, 'Where are we now?', my answer is always going to be, 'I don't know.'. So the next time you ask that, remember. I know as much as you do."

"Your the one that knows everything, Doctor."

'We need to find a way out of this room." The Doctor squinted his eyes. He saw a strange, gun-looking device laying on the concrete ground.

He scanned it with his sonic screwdriver and it blinked back. Its not radioactive, he thought. The trigger was odd and did not work with his hoof. It didn't fit because it was a weapon designed for humans. It would have been a perfect fit if he hadn't regenerated into a pony.

"Hello and welcome to Aperture Science Enrichment Center, we hope that your time- ZZzT! Time-time-time- Was pleasant bZzZzt!" The intercom glitched. "Oh no, errors. Looks like testing will have to be stopped for the time being."

"It seems-" The doctor squinted more and scanned the ceiling with his sonic screwdriver. "-the AI system has a small error."

"What does it mean by testing will have to be stopped?" Twilight wondered.

"Releasing neurotoxins. Goodbye." The intercom rang.

"Or, a substantial system failure. When will you mortals learn that robots are dangerous and unstable?" The doctor grimaced and paced.

Twilight walked around the white, square room. She noticed a blue dotted line, connecting from a large button to what seemed like to be automated doors. "Hey what about this?" She asked.

The Doctor walked over to the button and stepped on it, with a bit of force. The door shuttered and slid open. He lifted his foot and the door quickly slammed shut. "Ah, a button. I'm guessing that device over there has something to do with it."

"What device?" Twilight looked around, the room was very bright.

"Over there, the white one."

"Oh, is it safe?"

"Perfectly safe."

She picked it up with her magic and brought it closer, feeling it with the magical waves. It slightly sapped her energy, which was strange. Only things with dimensional qualities would do that. It had three triggers, primary, secondary, and something else. She pointed it away from the two ponies and pulled the first trigger. It spit out a strange blue projectile, and splattered onto the wall. It suddenly shuttered a blue oval, and sparked blue bits of flame. The outline of the blue oval seemed to burn into the wall. A pool of vertical, blue material kept its shape upon the wall. She then pulled the secondary trigger and the same thing happened, but it was orange.

"Oh hey! A bidimensional traveling device!" The doctor gleamed.

"A what?"

"A portal gun. I've seen these before, but not handheld. Whoever made this device was extremely clever."

"BzZzt- Do not look directly at the end of the device. Do not stare directly at the end of the device. May cause problems relating to enamel and teeth." The robotic intercom rang again. A camera above the door watched their every move.

"What do we do with this?" Twilight asked. Looking at it, making sure not to even glance at the end. The awesome shape of it was of the most interesting design. It was almost irresistible.

"Okay look, this is what we do." He opened the door again and pointed with the other hoof. "Shoot a portal in there and then shoot one on that wall. That way, we can get through."

She did as he said, and a portal glimmered like a mirror, showing the next room.

The next room was just as white, and just as eye-bothering. It's like the architect wanted them to be blind during the whole test. Instead of a square room, it was rectangular and had two raised tile platforms along with three buttons. There was a white box on each platform and one on the ground. Twilight had an idea on what to do. The doctor was already started. He pushed the first white box on the first button. and pointed to the platforms.

"Portal on each platform and get the boxes down." He commanded.

Twilight shot a portal up to the left platform and used the third button on the portal gun to lift up the box and bring it down. She was quite happy with what the portal gun could do.

"A gravitational device too? That thing has my style all over it!" The doctor smiled goofy.

As Twilight grabbed the other box. "I think this place is my favorite out of all."

"I agree."

The doors slid open and they escaped out into yet another room. This time, the floor was sizzling and green.

"Is it too late to change my mind?" Twilight grimaced.

"I don't think we can swim across. The sonic reads its highly acidic and over nine-thousand degrees Celsius. Also, no rush, but any more time here and were dead. The toxins are getting thicker."

The room consisted of three puzzle items: a thick red-hot laser, a moving platform, and a laser receiver on the ceiling. There was a small white platform below the receiver, just big enough for a portal. Twilight shot a portal where the laser was ending, and looked around.

"Try shooting it there." The doctor pointed to the platform below.

Twilight shot the second portal, and the laser receiver accepted the beam and opened the door on the other side. The glass lift also began to move back and forth.

"I don't trust that thing. It's floating on a beam of light." Twilight said.

"Too bad, we have to go, now! Allons-y!" He jumped on and she followed, squeamishly.

The platform carried them to the other side. Beyond the door was a black room, and in the middle was a light focused on a shard of the elements. They both grabbed it.

~-ZAP!-~

"Bingle bongle dingle dangle, yickedy doo, yickedy da, ping pong, lippy-tappy-too-ta! An amusement park!" Doctor yelled as he examined his surroundings.

"I don't think we're in portal anymore, Doctor." Twilight also looked around.

Comments ( 33 )

over nine thousand degrees Celsius

…
…

I PREDICT CRASHES. MANY. MANY CRASHES.

kapu.. you need to slow down. rethink and figure out what possibly could happen..
1: GLaDOS would never try to kill off her test subjects till testing was completed.
2: there is so much more you could have done with portal, (i mean you DO have the two most sciency ponies in the universe there (other than science woona)
3: no portal 2 refrences or HL refrences. bad kapu

1683938
1. She was bugged out, stating in the story. It was during portal 2 and I don't have to state that.
2. Not worrying about that, or they're reaction. Its how they adapt and how they solve the puzzles.
3. I'm not focused on story at all. Not even a little bit. I wasn't even going to include GLaDOS.

Slow down? Its been like 6 months.

what happened...

1683971 What do you mean?

FABLE LOST CHAPTERS FABLE LOST CHAPTERS FABLE LOST FREAKING CHAPTERS FOR THE LOVE OF AVOS DO FABLE LOST CHAPTERS.

1683982i mean what happened as in why glados tryed to kill them. she only kills her subjects when she is done with them no matter what specimen.

1684047 Edited the beginning a small bit, it should help, you understand whats going on. Reread the first few paragraphs.

1684117she rushed it for a test subject test?

1684179 .... Fine, I'll just spoil it now, Portal is going to return.

1684179 Plus I'm getting back into the mood of writing. Writing may be sloppy for a bit.

1684190ok, you didn't have to reply bye spoiling it.

1684238 I don't want people freaking out by saying I didn't write GLaDOS correctly.

Ah, the next game. Many of my memories are of RCT, and all of them are good.

Pardon me while I try to re-repress the memories of an annoying helper character that wouldn't shut up. Oh how I hated that thing...

Bingle bongle dingle dangle, yickedy doo, yickedy da, ping pong, lippy-tappy-too-ta.

Best line from a deleted scene, ever!
Good job.
Toolkit:scootangel:

Ah, Rollercoaster Tycoon. Fond memories and fiery crashes.

So many tourists died...

On the subject of science-y ponies, how about an Incredible Machine game, such as Contraptions? Some Rube-Goldberg action could be fun.

I know there is a ton of suggestions and comments, but if you add Zork into this I will fav it and watch the hell out of you

FYI: Zork is a text based rpg/adventure game that was for DOS and I had to download an emulator just to play it. And believe it or not, it is really fun to play(just remember to make a map!)

I will add this to my ever expanding read later list but for now all I can say is good luck and have fun.

Allons-y,
Dartrunner

Pikmin is going to be an interesting concept for them. The sonic screwdriver would be that little whistle-a-mabob

Alright...let me just warm up here...stretch out my speaking muscles...ok. 1...2...3.

ZELDA.

MAJORAS MASK.

that is all.

Team Fortress 2
Half Life 2
The Legend of Zelda
Bioshock
Skyrim
Mirror's Edge

Comment posted by LeviTheBossGuy deleted Sep 2nd, 2013

You should totally add The Chosen Undead from Dark Souls.

Gears of War, or Battlefield 3 or 4 (Multiplayer that is, makes it interesting that they get shot at and respawn if they die)

Deus ex human revolution, Dead Space 3, the walking dead or Starbound could be great

Five Guys at Zoe's

Megaman Zero series

Can we get Mass Effect involved?

:moustache:

I think u should make the next chapter about Halo then after that chapter the other should be about Battlefield: Bad Company. If you don't know what Battlefield: Bad company is go on YouTube and watch a walkthrough.

Login or register to comment