• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,053 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,053

PreviousChapters Next
Insidious Velvet - Fuzzyfurvert

Written by: Fuzzyfurvert

*****

Why is it that I always seem to find myself hiding in closets? I am a grown mare for crying out loud! Luna groaned quietly, burying her muzzle in a musty smelling winter coat to muffle the noise.

Outside the darkened closet there was a low growl, like a predator does when getting close to the prey it was stalking. Luna froze, not even daring to breathe. The light coming through the cracks around the door blinked out for an instant as something passed nearby. It was searching the small bedroom. Searching for her.

Go away go away go away! I’m not here! Luna grimaced. Just a short hour previously she'd been enjoying a joyous dinner of lasagna with the family Sparkle.

Her relationship with Twilight had become public knowledge and it was only proper that she formally meet with Twilight’s family for dinner. Night Light, Twilight’s father had greeted them with great fanfare and put on a display of asking Luna about her intentions with his daughter. It was all played for laughs and quite humorous. Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor shared an alcoholic beverage with her in the family’s backyard, speaking of nothing important while Cadence reclined in a hammock and they awaited dinner to be ready.

Twilight’s mother, Twilight Velvet, was the only pony that seemed unenthusiastic about her presence. She was certainly more reserved than the others. Twilight retired to the kitchen with her to speak privately while dinner cooked. When the table had been set, they all sat together and the family toasted the two of them. Velvet had been smiling happily for her daughter.

It all went wrong so quickly! Luna frowned to herself. One side comment and everything went to Tartarus in a hoof-basket.

Velvet didn’t take it well. It was supposed to have been a joke. Velvet didn’t find it funny.

As she huddled in that dark closet, fearful for her life, Luna couldn't help but appreciate the fact that Twilight got her skill at levitating and fine manipulation from her mother. The multiple knives and forks that peppered the wall behind where she had been sitting attested to that. Velvet was quick and had deadly aim too.

MOM!” Luna could hear Twilight yelling from somewhere else in the house. “IT WASN'T LIKE SHE REALLY MEANT THAT! YOU'RE FORGETTING THAT LUNA IS STILL CATCHING UP TO OUR MODERN LANGUAGE!”

The growl sounded again just outside the closet door. It sounded annoyed. There was a shuffling noise and it seemed to move away from the door after a moment.

Luna slowly let out the breath she'd been holding. I'll just wait until she goes to sleep. Then I can sneak out. I’ll inform the guard that Twilight Velvet is not to be allowed anywhere near whatever room I'm in! Yes! If she ever finds me, it'll be up to Cadence to give her grandfoals!

PreviousChapters Next