• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,043 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,043

PreviousChapters Next
Student - Knight of Cerebus

Written by: Knight of Cerebus

*****

Today was perfect. Today was a day when Equestria was in celebration. Everything was just fine. Except, of course, for one blemish. But Luna was nothing if not helpful. She knew that her first friend in Equestria and her beloved sister deserved this after all their struggles for her, all of their sacrifices.

Twilight Sparkle was a crucial part of this perfect day, of course. The preparations would be perfect, as she would oversee them personally. The ceremony would be perfect, as it would be for her. She would look as perfect as she was, because it was her day. Luna's cheeks flushed as she thought of it. Memories danced across her mind, bittersweet tormentors that they were.

A late night study session she had interrupted to learn new words from her. An evening spent exploring the Everfree together. A sleepover under the stars on Twilight's balcony. A stammering confession. A first kiss. Cakes. Love letters. The feeling of her wrapped in her hooves, breath pushing against Luna's chest gently.

A disagreement. Small, at first. Jealousy and insecurity were the root, of course. A glance at another pony given a stern glare. A tension when moments were shared with her sister. An ignorance to feelings of being trapped, of being not good enough. A fight. Tears. An empty bed. Distance. A void. A replacement. A rebirth, and a new love altogether. For one of them, at least.

Luna sighed. Her sister and her old love deserved a perfect day. They had saved her from her madness, reintroduced her to society, loved her without judgement or fear. She only ruined things for them. Corrupted them and their perfect joy.

Luna stepped off her balcony and spread her wings, beats of the powerful limbs taking her towards her home of a thousand years, trying not to listen to the bells ringing in the tower above her, back facing the banners of lavender and white. The lunar body called to her. Lonely. Flawed. Empty. It was the perfect home for a wretch like her.

Today was the union between eternal sun and unending friend, adoring student and doting teacher, and today would be perfect. She had taken so much from both of them, been so often a weight on both their shoulders. Today she would not darken the day. At last she would give back to the mares she had taken so much from, by taking herself away.

Today she would forever cease to darken their days, and, perhaps, give them a thousand perfect days more.

PreviousChapters Next