• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,052 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,052

PreviousChapters Next
S'Mores - Knight of Lycaeus

Written by: Knight of Lycaeus

*****

“Camping?” asked a confused Luna, “Are we planning to flee from here or perhaps flee from a dangerous beast that has been loosen upon this world?”

“It’s not like that Luna” as Twilight tried to calmly explain her plans for a camping trip for the two of them this upcoming weekend. “Camping is meant to be a recreational activity for all ponies to enjoy. Most see it as a break from civilization but also as spending a bit of time outdoors.”

“So camping is not not referring to the temporary stops as we fled from dangers but has become a simple activity to leave the city?” Luna was now sounding more vexed about the issue than confused.

“Yes, it has. The greater peace of these past centuries had lessen most of the terrors that ponies face. Most like the idea of camping as it is usually smaller groups spending time together to relax and enjoy being together.” Twilight could see Luna’s slight irritation on the subject and was working on trying to keep Luna calm while she explained things out.

“Perhaps we could, but what does one do while on a “camping” trip?” as Luna’s tone moved back towards confusion.

:Well when my parents took Shiny and I camping, we would tell stories, maybe sing a song or two….” Twilight trailed off as she noticed Luna didn’t really seemed to enjoy those ideas.

“But mostly I took time to go stargazing with my family” at this she saw Luna perk up slightly hearing how camping could involve one of their favourite mutual hobby. “But we would also roast marshmallow and make s’mores.”

Luna truly was confused at this point, “What is this s’more, I vaguely recognize the term marshmallow from tales that ponies once spun from their travels in distant lands.”

“Ah, a marshmallow is made from a plant. It’s made into a powder and mixed with sugar and some stabilizing ingredients to form a sweet treat. S’mores is using roasted marshmallow with chocolate and graham crackers to make any sweet treat.”

“I’m still confused over what ‘camping” is now or what a s’more is but it might be a good way to spend the weekend with you. So I agree, we shall go this weekend.”

PreviousChapters Next