• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,053 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,053

PreviousChapters Next
Giggle - Fuzzyfurvert

Written by: Fuzzyfurvert

*****

“Is it safe?”

“I wouldn’t count on it.”

“We haven’t heard anything for--!”

Luna stiffened, the lantern in her grip rising up to better illuminate the reinforced titanium composite door. Beside her, Twilight leveled her glowing locator device at the entrance. A faint noise came from outside the tiny chamber where they had sealed themselves.

“Damn!” Twilight frowned and slapped her device sharply, forcing it’s crystal screen to snap into focus. A flashing dot appeared for a moment and then vanished again. “They’re getting closer.”

“How close?” Luna glanced around and hooked the lantern’s handle over the corner of a near by shelf. With her magical grip freed, she hefted a large, near ballista-sized crossbow. Luna pulled back the draw and loaded a black fletched bolt.
“Twenty meters.” Twilight started to turn slowly, eyes glued to the screen. “They must have stopped moving.”

Luna swallowed hard and brought up the crossbow, lining her sights on the door. The sound of something soft and organic sliding across a metallic surface came from outside.

“Twenty meters! Eighteen! Fourteen and closing! They’re moving fast now!” Twilight whipped around to face the door and took a shaky step back. “Luna…”

Luna planted her hooves into the floor and stood her ground. The noise was getting closer. She swore she could hear it breathing in little erratic, irrational bursts. “How close Twi? How close?!”

“Eight meters! Six! Four! They’re right outside the doorway!”

The gurgling chirp could be easily heard now. It seemed to come from everywhere at once. It hiccuped and snorted in a distressing high pitch.

“Three meters!”

“Where are they?! That’s right on top of us!”

“Two point five meters?! Two!” Twilight yanked her head up, looking around her, despite what her motion tracker told her, she and Luna were the only things moving in the room. “One! Zero meters!”

“Zero? What the hell, Twi?” Luna flicked her eyes around but kept trained on the door. “I don’t see anything!”
The sound was loud, permeating the room from floor to ceiling. They were laughing. Laughing and coming for them. Twilight stared at her locator device in disbelief.

Suddenly, it dawned on her. “They’re in the walls. Luna, they’re in the walls!”

Luan hauled her crossbow across her right side and loosed the first bolt into the aluminium alloy wall. It hit with the dull thud of hollowness. Another followed it, to the left this time. Then another. Another. Luna wasn’t even aiming, she loaded the crossbow as quickly as she could to pepper the walls with iron tips and ashe shafts. The noise was deafening.

It was too little, too late. A ceiling plate crashed to the ground between them. A mass of pink poured through the opening. The lantern dropped and went out. Twilight and Luna held out as long as they could, but no pony could escape the fun. It was over in seconds. No pony could resist the fun. They would all have fun. Forever.

In with a roar; out with a giggle.

PreviousChapters Next