• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,052 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,052

PreviousChapters Next
Ocean - Fuzzyfurvert

Written by: Fuzzyfurvert

*****

Equus shimmered like a blue and green jewel below Luna. She watched the clouds swirl as a hurricane creeped across the eastern ocean. The sun was hitting it, warming the water and adding torque power to it’s lazy turns. The weather ponies were going to have their hooves full in a week or two from that one.

She turned her eyes west to the larger sea and focused on a tiny dot of green near the equator in the middle of all that turquoise-blue. Luna could just make out the hint of yellow gold that lined the island. One section of coast formed a gentle crescent around a shallow, reef protected bay. From her vantage point, Luna couldn’t see the small bungalow that she knew sat just off of that golden sand in the shade of the tall palms, or the young alicorn that slept inside of it.

Luna smirked as she reached her hooves around behind the planet and gripped her moon firmly. She was going to catch flack for this stunt back in Canterlot, she knew. She hoped it would be worth it. She began to move the moon with minor adjustments, bouncing it up and down and back and forth off center by a few hundred kilometers each way. The oceans responded as gravity and tidal forces followed the gigantic mass’ movements. Waves changed course and the seas sloshed drunkenly even as Luna tried to be as careful as could be.

She smiled as the water in the bay far, far below her started to lap the shore in a way they never had before. Luna shaped the sand and coast with the tides as she manipulated the moon. Any unicorn with the time and mind to do so could move the beach into the outline of a heart. But only she, of all ponies, could do it with the tides themselves. Twilight would appreciate that little touch.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Luna nudged the tiny cloud slightly to the left and then flew above it to check the positioning. She grinned as the cloud’s edge lined up with her reference point on the beach below her. The setting was perfect. She glanced over her dark sunglasses to check the sun’s position in the sky. By her reckoning, Luna had about an hour before Twilight would wake up in their bungalow.

Luna readjusted her glasses and blinked the spots out of her vision left by the glare as she landed lightly on the cloud. Luna rubbed her hooves together and started molding the resilient wisps into a table and a couple of reclining cushions. When she had that task complete, she teleported herself to the darkened interior of the bungalow.

She tip-hoofed through the main room into the kitchen and quickly scooped up a few plates and fluted glasses. Luna pulled out the ice bucket and loaded it up with ice and a bottle of wine that had aged for half of her banishment. The oven held the breakfast quiche she’d prepared earlier. A quick duck out the back door nabbed her a bouquet of fresh picked island flowers. She chuckled quietly as she teleported back to the cloud and set the table.

Once everything was set properly, the enormity of the situation started to make Luna’s heartbeat speed up. Her breathing started to come out in short gasps as she loosened her regalia and pulled out a tiny black box. It floated gingerly in her magical grip as if alive and made of lightning. Luna swallowed and lifted the flower bouquet, sliding the small box under it before she dropped the flowers back on the table. Twilight would find it when she picked the flowers up.

Luna shivered and rustled her feathers to calm herself. “Ok Luna, go wake up Twilight for breakfast. Play it cool… yeah… just a normal everyday meal with your wif - er, marefriend.”

PreviousChapters Next