• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,050 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,050

Chapters Next
Troubled - Spark_and_Twilight

Written by: Spark_and_Twilight

~~One week after Twilight's coronation, Grand Canterlot Observatory~~

"Aha I knew you were around here somewhere" the lavender mare mumbled peering through the eye piece of the telescope "Now...where is..."

"Is there a reason you snuck into my tower at such an hour Twilight Sparkle?" A voice asked behind her making the younger princess jump.

"WAUGH!" She yelped spinning around nearly falling off the seat as she spotted the source of the comment "O-oh Princ-" she started.

Waving it off with a hoof the Lunar Mare continued forward "If you call me by my title one more time when we are alone Twilight Sparkle I shall ensure the punishment for such is most severe..."

Twilight flushed, considering the LAST punishment had involved an enchanted pair of saddlebags making her perform the chicken dance in front of Princess Celestia for two hours, there was no way she was taking any chances "S-sorry Luna, you just startled me. And as for why I'm in here...I couldn't sleep..."

Luna frowned gesturing for Twilight to join her on one of the padded benches around the edges of the room, fluttering down the bookish mare soon sat next to her friend "But do you not have a meeting scheduled with a most important pair of ponies early tomorrow?"

"That's just it Luna, I haven't spoken to either of them for over a Month, they have no idea I was even coronated, or that I'm even an Alicorn! What if they're upset with me, what if they're scared or treat me differently, or even disowmph" her rant was cut off in mid build up by virtue of a silver clad hoof pressed against her mouth.

"Peace young Twilight, I sincerely doubt your parents will disown you, I do admit they are likely to be surprised by your transformation. But one of the virtues of being a parent is the ability to love thine foals no matter what." She explained simply, lowering her hoof slowly.

"B-but..." she started slowly.

With a small sigh the Lunar mare cut her off again "If it will help you calm down. I shall accompany you to your parent's tomorrow if you so desire."

"Y-you mean it? But aren't you supposed to sleep during the day?"

Nodding she continued "Most of the time yes, but getting up early one day to help provide moral support for a dear friend will not kill me Twilight. I promise you that, I shall simply have to take a nap before dusk falls."

Twilight smiled softly "Thank you, that would be wonderful Luna" she replied softly yawning slightly as the late hour started to make itself known, slowly leaning over to support her suddenly tired form against the taller mare's shoulder. she was still uneasy about meeting her parents the next day, but somehow knowing she'd have Luna there to back her up, helped sooth the young alicorn's troubled thoughts enough for her to find sleep's sweet release.

Chapters Next