• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,052 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,052

PreviousChapters Next
Foals - The Princess Rarity

Written by: The Princess Rarity

*****

"I think I'm having second thoughts about this," Twilight muttered, as she was practically dragged down the walkway. Her spunky five-year-old was apparently stronger than she thought. "Luna, are you even listening to me?"

Her wife stifled a chuckle. "Of course I am," she assured. "It's just amusing."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "What is?" she asked. She stopped for a minute, and heard whining. Her hoof was being tugged on.

"Mama, come on."

"That," Luna said, with a soft laugh.

"I'm gonna be late!"

"Well, I'm glad you can find this entertaining," Twilight whispered. "Because I don't."

"Mama-"

"Astra Selene, what have I told you about interrupting?"

The little filly frowned. "To not to," she said, with a sigh. "But what about school?"

"We're here earlier than we have to be," Twilight assured. "Don't worry." She kissed her daughter's forehead and gave a comforting smile. "Wait here for a minute, ok? I have to talk with your mother about a grown-up thing."

Astra nodded, and patiently stood by the gate of the school while she watched her mothers take a few steps away.

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Twilight murmured.

"I thought we agreed it was fine for Astra to attend public school," Luna mused. "The teachers promised not to give her any special treatment, she's not the type to misbehave, and she's old enough for this. Let's not forget you've been drilling knowledge into her head since Day One. She'll pass every test with flying colors."

Twilight let out a sigh. "I know, I know, I just-" She glanced over her shoulder and frowned.

Astra looked far too grown up dressed in the school's plaid uniform, with her sparkly black and pink saddlebags slung over her back, and her mane tied with a blue ribbon.

Luna nuzzled her wife. "She's still our little girl," she said softly.

"Not for long," Twilight sighed.

They made their way back over to their daughter, who was practically hopping up and down with joy. The very second her mothers rejoined her, Astra pushed open the gate and bolted into the play yard of the school, her eyes were sparkling as she saw the building. The Canterlot Academy for Gifted Foals was prestigious but still low-key enough to allow Twilight to relent. After all, if she was going to send her only child to a public school, it was going to be the best of both worlds.

"So, we'll pick you up at three 'o clock, alright?" Twilight spoke up.

However, her daughter was far too entranced by the school and the playground, which was full of bustling colts and fillies her own age, playing and laughing. For somepony who had been in the castle for as long as she could remember, it was like a dream come true for Astra to be out beyond her comfort space.

"Astra?" Twilight said hesitantly -- but she was soon taken by surprise as her daughter quickly hugged her, and then Luna, only before she ran off without a word.

Twilight frowned. "Love you!" she called.

"Love you too!" Astra yelled back.

Luna wrapped a wing around Twilight. "Let her go," she murmured. "After all, she'll make friends."

A small spark caused Twilight to have a bittersweet smile. "I guess you're right," she said.

PreviousChapters Next