• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,051 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,051

PreviousChapters Next
Octavia - Knight of Cerebus

Written by: Knight of Cerebus

*****

"So you're saying that fighting Nightmares is a duty you want my help with?" Twilight gulped.

Luna gave a "meep" and nodded once, blushing.

"Why?"

"We have found time with you to be most...sweet. The battles with the Nightmares We engage in are quite...difficult. We doth find they bring...memories...of that which We would wish to forget. Your company would be appreciated."

Twilight herself was blushing. She gave a mumbled set of words, looking at an especially interesting tile seventy degrees clockwise from Luna's hooves. Luna managed to pry the word "I guess" from amongst the mess of dulled words.

----/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\----

"Trains?" Twilight tilted her head as they walked through a large caboose. A muffled tune of strings music echoed through the hallway, the train car buffering against the sound.

"The Nightmares are more...unreal in their natural state. Miasma appeared to me as a weeping moon hid behind a grotesque smiling white mare's face. In truth they have no real form. This Nightmare seems to be afflicting a music patron. She visits her marefriend in Ponyville by train."

"You know her?" Twilight inquired. Something seemed...off about Luna's speech tonight.

"She has had a running length of nightmares about being withdrawn from this marefriend. I have tried to help her before, but since she cannot reconcile my advice with acts on them in day's light, she has attracted the black attention of a Nightmare." Luna's eyes widened as the train began to move of its. own accord. "It has found us."

Train car after train car rocketed past them, the doors having slammed open to allow them into the site of corruption taking place. The music began to grow louder.

Twilight was faced with a creature more bizzare than Discord. A mermaid's tail draped from a set of knight's armor, a tattered cape and a bright pink bow tie wrapped around its neck. A bladed treble cleft was clutched in its hand, and its head was framed by a heart-shaped collar.

Luna lowered her horn. "Well met, night terror. But we are thine true master, and the only life that shall be claimed tonight shall be thine!"

The creature roared, wheels the size of a stallion appearing over its head. It brought them crashing down all around Luna, some being deflected by blasts of magic. Luna charged.

Powerful wings brought Luna towards the head of the creature, black fire sprouting from her horn. The creature did not back down, raising its treble-clef over its head. The sword came crashing down.

PreviousChapters Next