• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,041 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,041

PreviousChapters Next
Edge - ultra1437

Written by: ultra1437

*****

Twilight stood at the edge of a cliff. Looking down apprehensively, she flapped her brass-colored mechanical wings twice, feeling their power start to lift her from her hooves.

Luna stood next to her, watching her marefriend’s apprehension. “You are sure you want to do this?”

The mechanical wings folded back up at Twilight’s side. “I have to, Lu. I must follow through with this experiment. After all, I triple-checked my numbers, and have successfully hovered for several minutes without winding myself or crashing.” The unicorn turned, stepping away from the edge.

Luna heard Twilight mumble something softly. “What was that, my little star?”

Twilight partially turned her head back to her lover, a tear in her visible eye. “If… if I fall, will you catch me?”

Luna stepped toward Twilight, wrapping a wing about the unicorn-turned-faux-alicorn. “Most certainly, my little star. I would not let you fall unless I fell with you.”

Twilight nuzzled the blue alicorn’s neck. “Then jump with me. It would make me feel safer to see you with me.”

Luna released her little unicorn. “I would love to, Twilight.”

As one, both ponies turned and sprinted for the cliff’s edge, their wings spread. At the last second, they both leapt over the edge, into new adventures.


Two years later, Twilight stood at the same cliff she’d once leapt off with Luna to complete her experiment. This time around, her wings were real.

Her then-marefriend and now-fiance, Luna, spoke softly only a few meters away. “You have the same expression.”

Twilight shot a confused look to Luna as she approached the larger mare. “What do you mean?”

“Two years ago. You had the same look on your face with those mechanical wings.” Luna chuckled lightly. “Your real ones look much more beautiful than those did, by the way.”

Twilight blushed lightly at the praise. “Y-you really think so?”

Luna stepped forward and nuzzled along one of Twilight’s wings. “I know so, my little star. Those mechanical ones were so… cold and, I know it is an obvious truth, artificial. Truth be told, I did not like them on you. Those artificial wings did not suit you like these ones do.”
Twilight reluctantly pulled away from Luna, back to the cliff’s edge. “Well, we do have an experiment to perform, then.”

“Oh?” Luna followed her, standing at her side.

Twilight nodded. “Yeah. Are my wings better than those mechanical ones?”

“We both know my thoughts on the subject,” Luna stated simply.

Another nod. “We do. But you know I must have the numbers to back it up.”

“Or what, you’ll cut your wings off and replace them with those mechanical wings?” Luna turned and looked at Twilight’s wings.
Twilight looked shocked at her fiance’s morbid joke. “Never. That means I’ll just practice and train until I can beat them.”

Luna smirked before brushing a wing along Twilight’s back. “Well then, my little star, let us perform an experiment.” Luna winked. “And do not worry. Just like last time, if you fall, I shall catch you.”

Twilight blushed at the contact before nodding. “Let’s get started.” Both ponies dashed to the edge, much like last time, leaping as one into another adventure.

PreviousChapters Next