• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,002 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,002

PreviousChapters Next
Father - Starlight Shadow

Written by: Starlight Shadow

*****

Night Light smiled and laughed along with everypony else as they sat and talked about the reception and congratulated the happy couple. They were discussing their honeymoon now. Everywhere from Fillydelphia to Zebrica had been suggested, and Twilight had jokingly suggested the moon, which caused everypony to crack up. He was happy for them, really - but he still blinked away tears.
Twilight was married. His little girl. His Twily was all grown up.

Every parent knew that some day, they had to let their children go. Teach them to fly so they could leave the nest someday. But that didn't make it any easier.

Both their children had flown rather early. Shining Armor had left as soon as he was eighteen to go join the Guard. They had accepted his decision, and were extremely proud of him. He could see him across the table with Cadance, smiling uncontrollably and patting Twilight on the back.

Twilight had flown even younger, when she was seven. Seven. They'd seen her last at her brother's wedding, and she was a full-grown mare. They had missed her first crush, her first zit, her first dance. So many firsts all slipped between him and Velvet's hooves.
She had become a princess a year ago. Now she was married to Princess Luna. It felt like he had opened a book right at the end, when the main character succeeds, and missed all the steps in between to see how they got there. He sucked in a watery breath as his eyes began to burn.

Hours later, when Twilight and Luna were about to depart for the castle, he grabbed his daughter and pulled her in for a hug. He was crying freely now, getting her shoulder all wet, but he didn't care. "I love you, Twily. Don't forget to write."

Twilight sniffled. "I love you too, Dad."

PreviousChapters Next