• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,003 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,003

PreviousChapters Next
Strangers - Pearple Prose

Written by: Pearple Prose

At the beginning of the night, we had been strangers.

The princess had arrived in Ponyville on Nightmare Night, hoping to introduce herself to the fair folk. Unfortunately, it had not quite gone as planned. It turns out that an eon on the moon doesn't help with your social skills.

And so I had done what I do best: I lectured her.

It was all very proper; I introduced myself, we had a small chat, and then I introduced her to my friends. There wasn't anything deeper to it, really. She was a princess, I was her subject. She was a stranger to me, and I to her, friendly as we were.

It was over the course of the night that something... changed. Changed in the dynamic. I can't point out when, precisely, that it happened.

I mean, the first thing I noticed about her, of course, was how beautiful she was, but that goes without saying. Complimenting her on it would have meant nothing, for it was a simple fact of her station. If anything, her appearance was more than a little intimidating.

But looking back on it, when she let down her barriers — when she stopped being so... royal, I suppose — realise now that I saw something.

A kindred spirit.

it never crossed my mind at the time. That night, I could only think of how much I wanted us to be more than strangers. I wanted to truly know that mare underneath.

And so, at the end of that night, I blurted out:

"Luna!"

She looked at me in confusion, and with, dare I say it, a spark of hope.

"...Tea?"

At the end of that night, we became more than strangers.

PreviousChapters Next