• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,051 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,051

PreviousChapters Next
Rarity - Knight of Cerebus

Written by: Knight of Cerebus

*****

"Oh come on, darling, it wasn't that bad" Rarity patted Twilight's shoulder lightly, earning a deadpan glare for her troubles.

"I said that the bat looked nice in her hair."

Rarity gave a sigh. "Yes, you did, I suppose. And maybe that was not the best choice of words, but it was hardly reason for you to bolt from the room. Luna is not going to despise you forever based upon a singular faux pas." Twilight moaned, her head hitting the pillow.

"Why can't I ever just talk to ponies without making a fool of myself every other sentence?" Rarity clucked her tongue.
"It's just something that comes with experience, darling. You've not been very sociable. But for the record, when we have a little crush, even the best of us make fools of ourselves."

"It's not a little crush though, Rarity! It's a stupid, constricting, overwhelming crush! I want her to take me--" Rarity's breath caught in her throat "--on cruises," and released again ",and write sweet nothings in the nebulae surrounding the moon for me, and talk about the scientific veracity of celestial body observations until we're both dizzy with excitement!"

Rarity pursed her lips again. "That all sounds very...romantic...but don't you think that it may be prudent to pace things? Romances do not always spring up overnight, after all."

"Of course, Rarity. I'm not just going to waltz on in wearing a wedding dress and hope for the best." Rarity breathed a sigh of relief. "I have a book that comes with a pre-planned list of steps to take in finding a lover. I'm sure that with sufficient study and application I--Rarity? Is something wrong with your head?" Twilight looked at Rarity banging her head against the wall with concern.

"I am...fine, darling. That said, I think I may have a better strategy for gaining Luna's attention."

----- /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ -------

Twilight tripped and collapsed against Rarity, their dance--if the stumbling, seizure-like performance from Twilight could be called that-- coming to a disastrous end. "That was...perhaps...one of the single worst ideas I have ever come up with." Rarity confessed, trying to pick bits of fresh corn dog out of her mane. "I'm sorry, Twilight. Tonight does not seem to be your night."

Twilight gave a weak smile. "It's okay, Rarity. One night I'll be able to look back on this night and laugh...you know....laugh...that's kind of the same as crying, isn't it?" The shine in her eyes gave Rarity flashbacks to Sweetie Belle's moments of distress.

Fortunately, her heartstrings were spared any further assault by a blue hoof tapping on Twilight's shoulder. "Excuse us, Twilight Sparkle. We could not help but be enchanted by your griffonic war. It was truly an interpretation of passionate avian hatred the likes of which have not seen Equestrian dance floors in eras. Truly, we wish to partake in such feats of passion. Might we share a waltz with you?"

Twilight's jaw dropped, her eyes sparkling with something very different from tears as she turned to Rarity.

"Don't just stand there!" Rarity hissed at her. "Say yes!"

"O-of course, L-...Luna. I'd love too. You know, err, if you want to."

"Marvelous! We shall take to the floor in good faith that you shant be far behind! We await thee anxiously fair Twilight!" With a flap of midnight wings, the eccentric alicorn was gone.

Rarity was preparing to give a speech on taking things slowly when she was interrupted by a hug, and, if she counted correctly, no fewer than seventeen 'thank you's. As Twilight slipped away, Rarity gave a happy prance in place, squealing to herself. She had brought together young love! A crash brought her back to the real world, screaming ponies running from the pair's dance-based expression of this new found passion.

"...Perhaps not entirely for the better..." She added with a wince.

PreviousChapters Next