• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,043 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,043

PreviousChapters Next
War - The Princess Rarity

"Don't." Luna murmured, as she placed a hoof on her lover's shoulder. "Twilight, please."

"Luna, I..." the Element of Magic hesitated as she glanced down at the scroll before her. "If we don't sign this-"

The Princess of the Night shook her head. "It is a royal's duty to rule their nation with the wellbeing of the commoners in mind, is it not?" she inquired, not bothering to give Twilight a moment to reply before she continue. "If we were to sign this, it would only cause more uproar."

"But what if we didn't? What would happen then?"

Luna let out a sigh. "I'm afraid that things would not change," she admitted.

"But I want them to." Twilight declared. "Shouldn't all ponies have equal rights?" She slammed her hoof against the finely crafted wooden desk and levitated over the quill. "It's only fair."

Releasing a deep breath, Luna gave a small nod. "Yes, it is fair, but you don't understand," she explained. "You can't sign something like a law just because you believe it's fair. You have to walk along with the minds of those you are leading, and think about whether or not they would approve of your decision." She brushed denim colored locks from her marefriend's face and looked deep into that lavender gaze. "If we sign this, we would only be thinking of ourselves."

Tears sprang to Twilight's eyes, clouding her vision and glanced down to the law before her.

"It would only cause war," Luna murmured. "I want to agree it just as much as you do, Twilight, but we can't." She placed a soft kiss on her lover's cheek and let out a sigh. "Perhaps, someday, we can."

And so, with that, Twilight screwed her eyes shut, levitating up the paper and tearing it in half.

-xoxo-

Equestria Daily

On this day forth, it has been officially decided by the Rulers of Equestria that same-sex marriage is now officially short-lived. After being temporarily allowed, the Princesses were summoned to reconsider the law after outrage burst across the nation. And so, with much anticipation, the allowing of same-sex couples to be wed is now banned. {See more on pg. six}

"We did the right thing," Luna murmured softly, nudging Twilight, who stared down at the newspaper in silent disbelief. "Don't dwell on it."

With a small nod, the Princess of Magic hung her head and leaned up against her marefriend, silently praying that someday, somehow, things would change.

...For the better.

Author's Note:

A new challenger approaches!

PreviousChapters Next