• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,051 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,051

PreviousChapters Next
Lilac - Pearple Prose

Written by: Pearple Prose

If a pony were prone to understating the reality of things, they would have described Princess Luna as being "a little grumpy" that day. Her sister, diplomatic as she was, would have argued that she was "still adjusting", but her guards, who were accustomed to her eccentricity at this point, would have just said she was "as batty as usual".

Prince Blueblood had a very different opinion of the Night Princess on that day. One that included a variety of uncharacteristically crude curses and no small amount of frightened sobbing.

To be fair, calling her marefriend a common whore probably wasn't the best idea he'd ever had, in hindsight.

In a rather rare moment of reflection, Blueblood peeked past his hooves and pondered the celestial embodiment of perfect darkness on the dais before him. To say she was glaring daggers at him wasn't really accurate. It was more like "aiming twin white-hot rage beams".

Yes, he thought. Probably not the best of ideas.

"Nephew." Both syllables roared in Blueblood's ears, and he swore he felt something tightening around his neck. "Would you kindly repeat yourself? I'm having a hard time staying... civil, at this precise moment."

Oh, Celestia have mercy on my humble, handsome soul. Blueblood tried not to imagine a sword dangling over his head as he unwrapped his limbs from around himself. He ahem'd once. It sounded far too loud in the dead silence.

"I-" He managed to squeeze out one letter before his royal nose pulled his attention away again. He sniffed slightly, and caught a flowery whiff. Most ponies would describe it as sweet, the scent of spring. Blueblood would say it was the greatest smell he had ever sniffed, or would ever sniff again.

The divine darkness looked up from the noble stallion —said stallion had to force himself not to collapse with relief — and visibly began to shrink. He heard her mutter one word: "Lilacs..." before the doors creaked open behind him.

"Luna?" Blueblood looked over his shoulder and saw a lavender alicorn peeking in sheepishly.

What in the world is she doing? He wondered, disbelieving. Can't she see Auntie is going... to... He took that moment to glance back at the princess. Instead of an eldritch nightmare being, he found a beaming Princess Luna relaxing in her throne.

"Just a second, Twilight!" she called out. Luna looked at Blueblood, and said "We hath decided to forgive your trespass this once, Blueblood. Thou may leave our presence."

A disbelieving Blueblood nodded drunkenly, and then stumbled his way out of the throne room. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Princess Twilight smiling apologetically at him as he closed the doors.

Dimly, he could hear giggles from inside the chamber, aided by the smell of lilac.

PreviousChapters Next