• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,040 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,040

PreviousChapters Next
Game - darkstone57

Written by: darkstone57

*****

Twilight looked at the mare in front of her with intense focus. She watched as her face slowly pulled away from Twilight’s. A nervous frown slowly formed on her face as the seconds rolled by. She was waiting for Twilight to say something... anything to kill the tension. Her eyes darted to the left to Twilight to the right as the silence continued. Only a few moments prior, the bottle sitting in between the two mares stopped spinning and the tip pointed at the larger blue alicorn. The same alicorn who said ‘Dare’ straight away as the bottle stopped. The same alicorn who’s patience was wearing thin under the pressure.

“Well?” Luna asked suddenly with irritation present in her tone as she looked at Twilight intently. Twilight didn’t flinch at her question and continued to stare down Luna. The purple alicorn’s mouth opened slowly as if to say something. Luna smiled as she watched her marefriend’s mouth open but her smile dropped once Twilight’s mouth closed, her gaze unchanged. After a few moments, Twilight opened her mouth again.

“I..” Twilight began. Luna raised an eyebrow at her mare friend. “Dare you..” Twilight continued.

“Yes?” Luna asked anxiously.

“To..”

“Yes?” Luna nodded, her smile widened as she was finally about to get the chance to do a dare for the first time in a thou-
“To-fly-round-the-castle-three-times-at-high-speed-upside-down-going-‘Woooooop’-then-go-into-the-chefs-kitchen-and-grab-the-largest-bottle-of-white-wine-you-can-find-with-two-glasses-and-then-come-back-at-full-running-speed-not-looking-out-any-window-and-the-entire-time-you-are-doing-this-you-will-not-think-of-anything-else-but-whether-or-not-to-say-‘yes’-or-‘no’-to-the-next-question-you-recieve-from-me-when-you-return, Ooook?” Twilight finished with a gleeful smile from cheek to cheek.

Luna’s mouth dropped to the floor, registering everything she just said. She was amazed at the pace her marefriend spoke, it reminded her of something that their friend Pinkie would do. Letting out an exasperated huff, she nodded at the challenge that was given to her. Lighting her horn up, Luna opened the balcony windows and stood up. As she walked to the balcony and began to open her wings, the mare looked over her shoulder back at her marefriend who was waving at her, gesturing to Luna to begin.

The Princess of the Night took off to the sky. After gaining some momentum, she twisted her frame upside down and continued her flying speed. She kept her eyes on the castle’s towers as she increased her speed. Feeling comfortable, she took her eyes of the castle and looked at the stars that flickered in the sky. It was exhilarating, to feel nothing but the wind blow on her body, mane and tail. Even though it was one of the conditions of the dare, she wanted to let it out anyway.

“WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Luna roared with complete joy. She was ecstatic with the feeling and she was pleased that Twilight suggested this game. She hadn’t felt this alive in quite some time. She wasn’t restricted by setting an example, nor royal position. She didn’t care if anypony saw her either. It felt great.

As the blood rushed to her head, she looked at the castle once more and realised she wasn’t counting how many times she went round. Luna quickly turned herself upright, which was a mistake; the blood went to the head more and made her wobble about. She looked down to the royal gardens and saw the entrance back to castle, from there; it was the quickest way to the royal kitchen. She began to descend towards the door, however, all the blood in her head was still making her unbalanced. Weaving from left to right on her descent, the tried to regain her posture but no avail. As she landed before the door, she used her magic to open the doors.
As the doors slammed open with a loud slam against the castle wall, Luna wobbled inside the castle, still recovering from her rush. Shaking her head and looking to down the hallway on her right, the princess finally regained her composure and readied herself to sprint off. Her moment concentration was broken when a guard approached through the double doors with speed, realising the guard was going to waste time, she lowered her body a bit more to prepare to take off down the hall.

“Your Highness, are you-“the guard began to speak his concern until.

Woooosh! Luna took off with great speed.

“Alright..?” The guard watched with mouth agape as his superior took off down the hall and swiftly turned round the corner.
Leaving multiple guards shocked with her speed, Luna was close to her destination as she sprinted through the great halls of her home as if she was running a marathon. Turning right and dashing down the last corridor, Luna burst through the kitchen doors. Putting the brakes on her momentum, just stopping her from crashing into one of the trolleys, Luna looked around the kitchen and couldn’t see any bottles of wine in sight. Fortunately for Luna, one of the maids was in the kitchen, was standing right next to the sink, unfortunately for the maid she was the only one in the kitchen. Luna glanced at her with glee.

“You there, maid!” Luna called out.

“Yes!?!” The maid’s body shot into an upright position as the voice of her master rung through her ears.

“Your largest bottle of red wine and two wine glasses, post-haste!” Luna ordered.

“Yes!” As the maid responded, she dashed round the kitchen and retrieved exactly what the princess of the night asked of her. The maid her out the items with her magic in front of the princess, whilst catching her breath, looked at her highness and saw one of the warmest smiles she has ever had the pleasure of seeing.

“Thank you very much, I’m very grateful.” Luna said as she took hold of the wine and glasses with her magic. Once she had a firm grasp, she darted out of the kitchen and rushed through the castle towards her room as fast as she could, all the while thinking; ‘Yes or No’ repeatedly and nothing more, focusing on nothing but the direction she was heading.

Bursting through her bedroom doors and once again stopping herself once she was through, Luna tried to catch her breath as she looked around to see where Twilight was.

“Over here.” Twilight called out. As Luna drew her attention to her marefriend who was sitting at the balcony, Twilight used her magic to close the bedroom doors. Ignoring what Twilight just did, Luna walked towards her and stepped out once more onto her balcony. Luna placed the items she was dared to retrieve by Twilight and sat in front of her. As Luna began to wonder why she made go through all that, she noticed how beautiful the moon shone on her marefriend. It was a moment like this that she wouldn’t trade for anything.

“Luna.” Twilight said calmly as she pointed her hoof up. Following the direction her hoof was pointing she gazed upward at the stars. They were unusually close together and some of them where shining brighter than others, in fact from what she was seeing - they were forming words. Taking a few moments to make out what the words were, her mouth slowly opened more and more, tears filling her eyes as she realised what they said. What they said was as follows:

‘WILL YOU MARRY ME?’

Luna brought her attention back to Twilight and saw a heart-warming smile on her face and noticed her magic was holding a bangle just in front of her. A silver bangle with sapphire diamonds encrusted on it. It took her a few moments but as the tears flowed down her face, she finally opened her mouth.

“Yes. A thousand times, Yes.” Luna said to Twilight, who began to let out the tears of pure joy. The princess of the night lifted her left hoof and watched as Twilight’s magic gently placed the bangle on the forepart of her front left leg. She returned her gaze more to Twilight, closed her eyes, and leaned for a kiss. Twilight did the same. Time seemed to have stopped for the two mares that locked lips under the moonlight, both of them couldn’t be happier as they embraced each other for what would be for the first times as an engaged couple.

PreviousChapters Next