• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,051 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,051

PreviousChapters Next
Marriage - The Princess Rarity

Written by: The Princess Rarity

*****

As of now, the New Year was only moments away. The fireworks were being set up, the parties were in full swing and the hype was all across the nation. However, this year was unique, bigger and better than any other. Tonight, the wedding of the century would be taking place--

--or, it would have been, anyway. If one of the brides wasn’t missing.

In the secluded part of the library in Canterlot Castle, pacing back and forth, Twilight Sparkle was ridiculously anxious. Every one of her nerves were on edge, and by now, she knew that she had run a crease into the carpeting. She had ran off just before she was supposed to walk down the aisle, and now what?

She couldn’t go back now; even if she was courageous enough to do so. She would look like a fool, on her own wedding day.

Twilight let out a sigh, and flopped down onto one of the lush chairs. Her gown was torn and tattered, her mane was ruined and her makeup was streaked because of the earlier stress crying. Even for somepony who didn’t care too much about appearance, she knew that she looked like a wreck.

She wanted to get married, she did--

--but she also didn’t.

Twilight nearly jumped out of the seat as she noticed a shadow on the walls. However, when the pony exposed themself, she felt her heart sink.

“Luna,” she muttered.

“You left me waiting at the altar,” Luna said, with a halfhearted smile.

“I… I know,” Twilight whispered shamefully.

She curled up and looked away. She swatted her dress, and let out a sigh.

With a smidgen of hesitation, Luna eventually made her way over and sat down next to Twilight, who was visibly distraught.

“Sorry,” she mumbled as she hung her head. “I shouldn’t have ran off. I just ruined our own wedding.”

“Nonsense,” Luna declared. She placed her hoof over Twilight’s, and she gave a reassuring smile. “You did no such thing. We may have missed it, but you most certainly did not destroy it. After all, I wouldn’t want to marry a nervous wreck, would I?”

“You’re not helping,” Twilight said, with a soft chuckle.

“Listen to me,” Luna whispered. “I could care less if you don’t want to get married at all. That’s fine, so long as I know that you love me, it doesn’t matter.”

“I know, I know,” Twilight replied. “But that’s the thing: I want to marry you, I really do. There isn’t a doubt in my mind, it’s the crowd that’s killing me. Is there anyway we could-”
She scoffed, and rolled her eyes. “Oh, who am I kidding? It’s not like we can go to Las Pegasus and get married by a Sapphire Shores lookalike. That’s for on-the-run couples, not us. We could never pull it off.”

Luna pursed her lips, and tapped her chin thoughtfully. “Well, if we use transformation spells--”

Twilight rolled her eyes playfully. “Don’t finish that sentence,” she smirked.

Luna let out a laugh. “Technically, we could, though,” she defended.

Twilight kissed her lover’s cheek, releasing a soft chuckle. “What am I going to do with you?” she teased.

Luna gave a half-hearted shrug. “I would say marry me, but you screamed that answer loud enough for all of Equestria to hear a few months back,” she replied, with a smirk.
Twilight giggled. “That was embarrassing,” she admitted.

She hesitated for a moment, and then she kissed Luna on the lips softly.

“We’ll get married on the next New Year,” she suggested. “Small ceremony. No news broadcasters. We won’t even have the ceremony in the Castle. Just family and friends.” She raised an eyebrow. “Who invited the Duchesses of Scoltland and Trottingham anyway?”

“I haven’t the faintest idea,” Luna said. “But, it’s a good thing I grabbed this on my way here.” She reached back and pulled something out from between her feathers. It shimmered in the dim light, and she smiled. “You won’t have a problem being engaged, will you?”

“Of course not,” Twilight murmured, as her smile grew.

She blushed when Luna kissed her and slid the ring onto her hoof. In the distance, a few fireworks went off, and now… the New Year was officially here. Twilight made a resolution silently to herself; let love run it’s course. The wedding was a splendid idea, but she would have a while.

Marriage could wait.

PreviousChapters Next