• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,053 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,053

PreviousChapters Next
Stairs - The Princess Rarity

Written by: The Princess Rarity

*****

Twilight began dashing through the hall, looking all around for any indication of where the Gym might be. If she was going to become Princess of the Fall Formal, the sooner she signed up, the better. The only problem was that this school was more confusing than Castle she had ever been in before. Now, to be fair, she had only been in one Castle, but nonetheless, that was still simple enough to navigate around. It seemed that in this strange new world, no one wanted to give her the time of day.
She noticed a sign next on one of the doors, and skidded to a quick halt, looking to see what it read.

It labeled three different places - the library, the exit and the gymnasium - with three different arrows pointing in various directions on where to go. Apparently, the sign said that one should take the stairs to get to the gymnasium.

Stepping forward, Twilight swung open the door and noticed a flight of stairs heading downwards. Perfect.

With a small victorious smile, she began her trek down...

...however, hew new pair of legs failed her yet again for the umpteenth time that day and she began stumbling down the stairs. She tripped over her own two feet, missed a chance to catch herself on the railing and fell straight onto the platform.
She let out a groan of pain, and rubbed her back, blinking a few times from the harsh florescent lighting up above, when she saw a figure tower over her.

"Goodness! That was quite a tumble, are you alright?" the figure's voice spoke up.

Like everything else in this world, the voice was familiar...

Releasing a deep breath, then finally managing to focus her gaze, Twilight almost gasped as she took note of who this was. The form was different, obviously, but the outer features gave it all away. Standing over her was a young woman, one that Twilight immediately recognized.

With soft pale indigo skin, piercing cerulean eyes, and long wavy hair in two tones of blue, the woman was wearing all purple and soft aqua colors. The little moon logo on the collar of her shirt was enough to confirm the accusations.

In fact, the name almost slipped off of Twilight's lips.

"I - I'm fine," she said quickly, with a wave of her hand and a nervous chuckle.

The woman outstretched her hand to help Twilight up off of the floor, and the two shared a small smile.

"I don't believe I've seen you around before. Are you a new student?"

In that moment, Twilight could feel her heart fall. Ok, so no one in this world knew who she was, or what Equestria was, but ... this hurt. In a sort of indescribable way that burned her soul. Why exactly, she didn't know, but it was painful. She had seen those starry blue eyes before. She had felt this touch - strange how it didn't change. She memorized that smile long ago.

But here, she was lost.

"Yes, I am," was all Twilight managed to get out.

"I had assumed that much," the woman said, with a nod. "Welcome to Canterlot High."

"Thank you," Twilight replied, swallowing a deep breath. "Um-" She hesitated. What could she say? More importantly, what did she want to say? "Are you a teacher here?"

After all, if Celestia was the principal-

"I'm the Vice Principal, Luna-"

Twilight hadn't managed to catch the ending of the sentence, seeing how Luna was cut off by the bell ringing. Well then. This was probably the biggest downside of this other world. Not only were her best friends strangers, but... so was her shooting star.

Her Princess.

Her lover.

...her marefriend.

"I'll, uh, be heading to class now," Twilight stuttered out as she pointed to the door, and slammed right into it clumsily. She let out a nervous laugh, and pushed it open, escaping away from Luna's gaze.

Oh, how Twilight hoped she wouldn't run into her again.

PreviousChapters Next