• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,053 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,053

PreviousChapters Next
Hunger - Pearple Prose

Written by: Pearple Prose

Twilight stared at Luna. The book before her flopped to the floor in its death throes. She was vaguely aware that her lower jaw was hanging at some undignified angle, and if her brain wasn't so distracted, she would have probably already calculated said angle, written a research paper on it, and sent it to the Canterlot University professors.

Unfortunately, she was a trifle too busy deciphering the sounds that had just escaped her marefriend's mouth. "I-I'm sorry," Twilight tried not to stutter, and failed horribly. "I didn't q-quite catch that...?"

Luna remained unperturbed by her love's catatonia, continuing to stare into the fireplace in front of them, occasionally glancing down at something in her hooves. Twilight swore that she was smirking a little bit. "I said that I was akin to a changeling, if you were paying attention."

"Oh." Twilight stared at Luna some more. If she was being honest, she didn't really know where that left them. She did, however, think that the Encylopedia Equestria on the floor in front of her would make for an excellent blunt instrument. It wasn't every day that your loved one declared, out of the blue, that they were not too dissimilar to shapeshifting emotional parasites. May as well err on the side of caution, Twilight thought.

Luna looked at her expectantly, and only responded after the silence had become sufficiently awkward. "Oh, for the love of..." she groaned, slapping a hoof down on a glowing, heavy, leather-bound tome that had snuck up towards her. "I was just being poetic, Twilight!"

"O-Oh." Twilight stuttered, still staring at her marefriend. "Of course."

More silence. "You don't get it, do you."

"No."

Luna looked at her, then started giggling. Twilight both loved and loathed that giggle; it sounded like the stars themselves were singing, yet more often than not, Twilight tended to be the butt of the joke. Once again, she found herself blushing as she heard Luna laughing daintily. And once again, she hated how much she wanted to keep hearing it.

That beautiful laughter died away after Luna noticed how Twilight had shoved her head in-between the pages of her book, as if trying to transpose her face onto the pages. She placed her hoof on the book and gently tugged it away, revealing Twilight's flaming face to the world. Luna wrapped a wing around the blushing alicorn and pulled her closer.

"Love is everything to a changeling." Luna began, stroking her marefriend's mane with a hoof. "It nourishes them. Sustains them. Empowers them. Feeds them." She paused, and looked Twilight straight in the eye. "It is as necessary to them as food and water is to you, me, and everypony on the planet. Perhaps even more so."

Twilight couldn't look away. Those perfect teal eyes were as entrancing to her as the stars she saw through her telescope, night after night. Luna continued. "And I wasn't lying. You mean everything to me, Twilight. My love for you is what gets me out of bed in the morning, and your love for me is what keeps me going. The memories of my life before you..."

She buried her face in Twilight's mane, relishing in the softness, the smoothness, and the feeling of knowing that this pony loved her, above all others. "It's just so dark and empty without you, my Star."

"You nourish me." She kissed Twilight's neck.

"You sustain me." She nibbled her ear.

"You empower me." She nuzzled her tenderly.

"And above all..." Twilight felt a whisper of warm breath on her cheek.

"You feed me."

And Twilight's words were lost in the lips of her love.

Author's Note:

I got the "My Star" nickname from Spacecowboy's Becoming One With The Night, by the way. Go check it out, it's awesome.

PreviousChapters Next