• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 5,253 Views, 91 Comments

A Little Visit - Annabelle RTH



Flash Sentry visits Twilight Sparkle while on vacation to Ponyville. Will Twilight take a chance on him or let him go?

  • ...
26
 91
 5,253

Chapter 41

Flash’s POV

“So, I have our original itinerary. Should we still try that new noodle place tomorrow?”

“I’m game,” I replied while going through my nice shirts. The navy one should work.

We grabbed some hayburgers on our way to my apartment for a quick dinner.

“Oh, that one’s nice,” Twilight said behind me. Then she quietly blurted out, “They’re all nice.”

I smiled. She was loosening up a little. “Thanks.” I turned towards Twilight as I buttoned up my shirt. “Did you end up borrowing something from Rarity?”

“No,” She responded with her face in the parchment. “But we did find something in I bought in Manehattan that should work for tonight.” She set the parchment and quill down before heading towards her suitcase. I went into the bathroom to brush my mane and straighten my collar. Hm. Maybe I should keep it short?

“Okay, so tomorrow, we have breakfast at Mildred’s. Then, we’re going to check out the new exhibits at the art museum. We’re going to have lunch at the noodle place…”

I heard her say some things… but my focus was on her. In the mirror I saw her reflection. She was standing behind me. I turned around to get a better look. Huh. She was in a hot pink sweater dress… I think is what it would be called. Don’t quote me on that. Suddenly, her holding parchment and a quill in her magic wasn’t… utilitarian. Note to self. Hot pink works. She was happy and in her element… and completely unaware of what was happening to me. I shook my head and took a deep breath. I’m cool. It’s all good.

“Flash?”

“Huh?” I forgot she was actually talking to me.

“Were you thinking of wearing a tie?”

“Uh, no. Should I?”

“It’s up to you. I’m less familiar with stallion fashion.”

“I think it should be fine.”

“Great. Where are the tickets?”

“On the fridge.”

“Huh?”

“Magnets.”

“Oh… that’s a good idea, Flash.” She smiled brightly. She was still watching her words. She normally would have said something like, “That works too.”

“Hm.” She walked up to me, and I resisted taking a step back. I felt my limbs twitch and I gulped slightly when she was close enough that I could smell the perfume that she was wearing.

“Excuse me Flash. I need to use the mirror.”

Right. Right. Date night.

“Right, I’ll be in the kitchen.”


“So…”

“So…”

“What did you think?” Twi asked.

We were walking back towards my place. We managed to get out of the crowd of the theater so we could actually talk.

“Honestly, I could take or leave the music. I don’t dislike jazz, but I never would seek it out. You?”

“I… I didn’t mind it.” She smiled nervously. “There were some parts that were catchy. I like the songs with the whistles.”

“Oh, yeah, that’ll easily turn into an ear worm.”

“Is… Is that so bad?”

I wanted to sigh but I held it in. I was being honest with Twi but I wasn’t sure if she was being honest with me. She looked like she was having fun in there and now it seems like she’s downgrading her opinions. Time. Just some time.

“No, not at all.”

“The story had a lot of layers.”

“Oh, yeah, they managed to cover a lot in two hours.”

“Long lost twin.”

“Infidelity.”

“Theft.”

“Murder.”

“Marriage.”

“Mistaken identity.”

I started to laugh. “What did you have us watch?” It was ridiculous and over the top.

She started to laugh with me. “The flyer did say it was a comedy, not a drama.”


As usual, we cuddled on the couch to get warm. It was different to feel her dress instead of her fur. It was soft but I’d prefer her fur against me.

“Mm, think we should get to bed soon or read a few chapters? We’ve got a packed day tomorrow.”

She nuzzled into my neck. I gritted my teeth to keep down my gasp. I haven’t felt those shivers in a long time. It was like I was a teenager again. I took a deep breath and held Twilight as I normally would. I’m cool. I’m cool. I wasn’t ashamed of my reactions. There’s nothing wrong with me. It just wasn’t a good time. Distraction. Yes, need distraction. “How about a chapter before bed?”

Twilight hummed before looking up at me. “I think that’s a great idea.” She hopped off the couch. “I’ll go get the ink.” I smiled at her. When she wasn’t looking, I let out a small sigh of relief and I collapsed more into the couch.

Ruby’s new story was an adventure story filled with magic. Surprisingly, the main character reminded me more of Pinkie. She had heart and was full of surprises.

Twilight leaned into me as she read out loud. I felt some tingles reach into my back, so I took a breath and focused on the paper. I read the story as Twilight did. The tingles subsided into a calming warmth. I even leaned my head on hers. At the end of the chapter, I actually yawned. Good. Sleepyness is what I need right now.

“Oooh, things are getting excited.” Her glee and excitement was infectious though.

“Or who we’ll meet next.”

“True, her journey is mostly going into finding her allies at the moment.”

“And possibly fall in love with the loner.”

“What? But he’s the enemy.”

“E-e-eh, he seems pretty honorable and gentlepony-like though.”

“Yes, but it looks like he treats everycreature the same way. He respects his enemies. His fixation on her is part of his orders.”

“Mmm, we’ll have to see.” I told her. I had my suspicions.

“One more chapter?”

I grinned. “One more chapter.” She was feeling more and more like Twilight.

Towards the end of the chapter, there was a scene where the enemy soldier and heroine chatted while swinging at each other with swords and casting spells. I’m not sure if Ruby actually understood what she was writing, but these two were definitely flirting. They even laughed.

Twilight gasped, “How can this be?”

“That you were wrong or that Ruby is on a star-crossed lover’s story kick lately?”

She gave me a deadpanned look. I laughed. That’s the Twilight I know.

“How did you see it?”

She didn’t catch herself. Good.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “It’s how I would act if I was him and you were the heroine.”

“You’d engage me in combat?”

“Well,” seems like a loaded question, heh. “I mean if we were enemies, I’d have to at least try. I have my orders.”

“I suppose you have a point there.” She briefly looked back at the page. “Hm. Falling in love with the enemy. Do you think it could happen between us?”

“You mean in this exact scenario?”

She giggled, “I suppose I would be the mage in this scenario.”

“Mm, maybe if we actually got to talking. I’m impressed by magic, sure, bu-u-ut would that be enough?” I am a guard and loyal, but it would be a shame to destroy a whole culture who produced a wonderful mare for the purpose of power. Especially, one with eyes that sparkle like Twi’s when she’s excited or… when she’s staring at me right now. I blinked and stared back. She glanced away from me, and I kept staring at her.

“I’d like to think we would.” He cheeks grew pink as she smiled at me. I found myself smiling back at her. Her eyes pulled me in and before I realized it, I leaned down to kiss her. She kissed me back gently and brought her hoof up to my face. No shivers, but I wanted to hold her closer. Instead, I pulled away and took her hoof to place a small kiss on it. She giggled slightly and I smiled at the sound.

Author's Note:

Everypony: Hi, I’m alive. Time got away from me.

This time, we’ve got some lighter fair.

As for next time, I’m still deciding. But see you then!

Happy reading,

Annie

Comments ( 1 )

I really liked this story. It's sweet and very nicely written.

Login or register to comment