• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 5,198 Views, 91 Comments

A Little Visit - Annabelle RTH



Flash Sentry visits Twilight Sparkle while on vacation to Ponyville. Will Twilight take a chance on him or let him go?

  • ...
26
 91
 5,198

Chapter 14

Twilight’s POV

Well, today my friends and I leave the Crystal Empire and head back to Ponyville. We plan to leave this afternoon after we have a tea party with Cadence. I already finished my packing, so decided to read in the gardens… trying to read anyway.

I had one of the books I picked up when I spent the day with Shining Armor. I couldn’t read much though. Well, I was reading just fine until it became apparent that the heroine had a love interest which got me to think about Flash.

I really like him and I enjoy his company. He makes me feel weird though. One second I’m perfectly comfortable and the next I’m nervous. Sometimes that nervous feeling makes me act weird and sometimes it’s like I don’t mind it, as if I actually like it. The warm sensation in my stomach and the weakness in my knees. Cadence told me this was normal. It’s sure weird for being normal but I guess it’s because I’ve never felt this way before. And now I feel a little sad.

I wasn’t going to see him again for who knows how long. His duties are here and I have to return to Ponyville. We’ll still exchange letters, but it won’t really be the same. I’m going to miss him. A lot. We at least agreed on a second date. I smiled a little. Yeah, we’ll have a second date to look forward to the next time we meet.

There was some rustling and when I turned around I saw Shining Armor. “Shining?”

“Hey Twilight, what are you doing here?” He took a few steps towards me.

“I could ask you the same thing.” He smiled and I laughed.

“I asked you first.”

“Just reading.” I lifted the book up for him to see.

“Of course you are. Do you mind if I join you?”

“Go on ahead.” I patted down on the grass for him to sit. “So what are you doing here?”

He sighed. “Just finished a meeting and I needed some air.”

“What kind of meeting?”

“Something about where to draw the property line between two locations.” He seemed as if he was far away in his own little world.

“Did it go well?”

“As well as it could have I guess.” He smiled at me.

I smiled back.

“So, how’s the book?”

I sighed. “I uh, don’t really know yet.”

“What, are you sick?” Suddenly he was filled with life and stared at me looking for some kind of sign that I was sick.

“I’m fine Shining.” I pulled away from him.

“Some…thing’s not right. What’s wrong Twilight?”

“Nothing’s wrong, Shining Armor. Everything is fine.” I smiled. “Just fine, I was just lost in thought today.”

“Is it Flash?” There was a knowing tone in his voice.

I giggled. “Maybe.”

“Aww, Kid.” He pretended to be annoyed.

“What? I can’t help it.” I really can’t.

“I know, I know. I’ve been through this before too you know?” He pointed his hoof towards me. “Granted, you and your friends didn’t come up with many a scheme to get him to go out with you.”

“True, but I think I was just as nervous as you were around Cadence. Not enough that I only blurted one word to Flash but...” I smirked at my brother.

He groaned into his hooves. “Can we not talk about that night?”

I giggled. “Sure.” He gave me an annoyed look. I just smiled.

“All right you asked for it.”

“What?”

The next thing I knew, Shining came at me and started to tickle my belly.

“Hey- eh-ha-ha, Sto-stop it Shining Armor. I ca-can’t breathe. Please-haha.” He continued to tickle me for a few more seconds before he stopped. I still felt tingling around my stomach while I tried to catch my breath.

“I guess you had enough, for now.” He smirked at me.

I gave him an angry look.

“Anyway, what kind of thoughts have you been having?”

I blinked. “What do you mean?” I sat up.

“All kinds of things can go through a pony’s head when they like somepony. I’m just a little curious-but you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. You’re entitled to your privacy and I respect that.” I was a little surprised. I didn’t think he’d be interested in a serious conversation about my feelings towards Flash, at least not this soon. I thought it would be a while before he would even stop cringing whenever he heard Flash’s name. Shining Armor looked calm enough. I guess I could tell him. What could it hurt?

“Um, I don’t think they’re out of the ordinary. I think about what makes him admirable and interesting. I think about what books he could be interested in. I think about our times together. They’re not a lot but, it makes me happy to remember them.”

“He makes you happy, huh?” There was a hint of realization in his tone.

I smiled. “Yes, yes he does Shining.”

He sighed and looked up at the sky. “Then I guess that’s the important thing.” He tried to smile and tried to look me in the eye but he ended up looking back down towards the grass. “You know, he’s not bad company.” His head popped up.

“Oh really?”

He nodded. “Yeah, he’s starting to grow on me.”

We laughed and I hugged him.

“I’m really glad you’re giving him a chance Shining. It means a lot to me.” I felt him hug me back.

He sighed and then he gave me a squeeze. “Oh, Twilight…”

“Yes?”

“Just… know that I’ll always be here for you, okay?” He smiled sadly.

“Oh, Shining. I’ve known that since I was a little filly. You’re my Big Brother Best Friend Forever and nothing will ever change that.” I smiled at him.

His smile turned into a genuine smile.

“How was last night by the way? I saw you and Flash at the party.”

“Eh, it wasn’t anything special. Just hung out. Got to know him a little better.”

“And?”

“And I think he’s okay. Nothing out of the ordinary for a colt his age. He tells funny stories too.”

“Okay.” I had a feeling that he wasn’t going to tell me any more than that.

“Twilight!”

“Hm?” I turned around. I heard some rustling and Cadence stepped out

“Oh, there you are. We’ve been looking everywhere for you.”

“Huh, why?”

“You didn’t show up for the tea party.”

“Oh.” I cringed when I realized I forgot all about the tea party. “I’m sorry Cadence, I guess I lost track of time.”

“And I can see why.” She smirked and asked, “How was the meeting Honey?”

“Eh, same old same old. Nothing ever really happens around here anymore.”

“Hm.” Cadence smiled. “Come on Twilight, we’d better go and find the others.”

“Right. Bye Shining Armor.” I hugged my brother.

“See ya later.”

I followed Cadence out of the gardens and we found my friends after a few minutes of wandering around. Rainbow Dash was the last one we found before we got to the tea party.

“I’m really sorry you guys. I didn’t mean to be late.” I told them.

They all said it was okay.

“What kept you anyway?” Rainbow asked.

“I was just talking with Shining Armor in the garden. I didn’t think I was going to be late. I thought I had another hour before we had to meet up.”

“Huh?”

Cadence said, “I thought I sent Spike to tell you that we had to move it an hour earlier. I have my own meeting to take part in at 3 today.”

“So, you only have about an hour and half with us?” I looked down ashamed. If only Spike had come to tell me in time, I wouldn’t have been late, my friends wouldn’t have had to go and look for me and Cadence would be here a little longer.

“It appears that way, but don’t worry about it Twilight. Let’s just enjoy the time we have now, besides, it won’t be long before we come and visit you.”

I felt a little bit better, but I still felt a little bad.

“Twilight!” I heard Spike call my name. “Twilight!” I saw him turn the corner. He was gasping for breath and holding his side while leaning against the wall.

“Spike!” I called to him.

“Twilight.” I got out of my seat and ran to him. He wobbled weakly towards me and I caught him in my forehooves before he collapsed from exhaustion.

“Spike, are you okay?”

He coughed, “Tea party… pushed… an hour back.”

Then he was out like light. I sighed. “Aw, Spike.”