• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 5,201 Views, 91 Comments

A Little Visit - Annabelle RTH



Flash Sentry visits Twilight Sparkle while on vacation to Ponyville. Will Twilight take a chance on him or let him go?

  • ...
26
 91
 5,201

Chapter 22

Twilight’s POV

When I got home from the pet playdate, I decided to write to Cadence about my relationship with Flash. Maybe she can tell me how she and my brother made their relationship official.

After I had Spike send the letter, I think 2 minutes passed before Cadence sent a response. I barely settled in to read, when Spike came in to give me the letter.

“Here you go Twilight.”

“Oh, that was quick. Thank you Spike.”

He yawned, “No problem.”

The letter read.

Dear Twilight,

Yay, Twilight. I’m so excited to hear you’re thinking of progressing your relationship with Flash. Although, since this was brought up by your friends and this is your first relationship, I need you to ask yourself: Am I ready to be in a committed relationship? Especially one that is long distance? Is this what I want? Do I want to be in a committed relationship with Flash Sentry?

As for how your brother and I made our relationship official, I actually took initiative before he came up with a complicated scheme with his friends. I made sure we were alone in a place where we were comfortable and could talk in private. I told him I really liked him, that I wanted us to be boyfriend and girlfriend and I asked him if he felt the same way. Obviously he did, and then we had a nice lunch.

I hope this helps,

Cadence

Am I ready? Well, I’m not sure. How would I even test that? I’ve never even dated before I met Flash, so I don’t have any past experience to compare my current state of mind. I decided to write back to Cadence to see if she can tell me how she knew she was ready.

Her response was:

Dear Twilight,

To be honest, I’m not sure. I think I liked your brother enough that thinking about it, kind of went out the window. All I knew was that I wanted to be with your brother and the rest was easy.

Sorry, if that wasn’t more clear but love in all honesty, isn’t clear in practice. Even if I tried to give you a check list, there would still be some kinks to work out because you and Flash are your own ponies.

Hm… I guess in this kind of case, the best way to test this, is to actually go through with it. Is that too risky? I don’t think so, Flash is a very nice colt. Even if he doesn’t want to further our relationship, he wouldn’t be rude to me… and he still would want to see me, why else would he be writing me all the time and going on dates with me? It wouldn’t really make a whole lot of sense.

As for the long-distance part, it doesn’t seem like it would be an issue.

Still though, Cadence also told me to ask myself if I want to be in this kind of relationship. I suppose, I wouldn’t mind. I read books and I see how happy Shining and Cadence are. Having somepony to grow with you, spend time with, explore with… a pony who is patient with me, and who I can spend all the time in the world with… It does sound nice and it has been nice to have his attention and affection in a way that I’ve never experienced.

“Hmm…”