• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 5,286 Views, 91 Comments

A Little Visit - Annabelle RTH



Flash Sentry visits Twilight Sparkle while on vacation to Ponyville. Will Twilight take a chance on him or let him go?

  • ...
26
 91
 5,286

Chapter 6

Twilight’s POV

We made to the castle and passed the Crystal Heart on the way. It gleamed and was as beautiful as ever. I would have stopped to admire it a little more but the closer we got to the throne room the sooner Flash would have to go. Shining said, “You girls go on in. Sentry?” he turned to Flash.

“Yes Sir.”

“You’re coming with me.” I saw Shining struggle with himself to keep his professional manner. I looked to Flash who had a nervous look but shook his head slightly and regained his composure.

“Yes Sir.” Shining started walking in one direction. Flash sighed and was about to follow him before I stopped him with my hoof.

He looked at me shocked.

I was shocked myself. I wasn’t thinking; my hoof moved on its own. I had to think of something fast. Say something Twilight.

“Um… good luck Flash…”

His shocked face turned to a calming one and he smiled at me. “Thank you and I’ll be fine. I’ll see you later in the court yard after sundown if you don’t mind.” He looked at me with gentle eyes.

I felt a blush grow on my cheeks and nodded slowly. “I’ll be there.”

He gave me a smile and a nod before walking off following my brother.

I sighed. That sudden moment of gooeyness was gone, replaced by worry for the gaurds-pony I like… really like.

“Aw, Twilight, ah’m sure yer brother is just um…”

Before Apple Jack could come up with something I said, “It’s okay Apple Jack, you don’t have to try to sugar coat it.”

“Well…” She looked away trying to come up with something to say.

“I’m fine, a little worried but I’m fine.” It was true, I was fine. I had faith that my brother would at least not completely destroy Flash… The girls looked at me with worried looks.

I smiled and said, “Really girls, let’s just go on in. I really want to know what Cadence wants to tell me.” It really was the truth but honestly, I just wanted something to distract myself from sending Flash to talk with my brother. It pains me to just leave it but I have to trust Flash when he says that he’ll be fine.

The throne room doors opened for us and we walked in. Cadence was sitting looking over some paper work from the looks of it with a piece of paper in her magic. “Twilight!” She saw me and quickly left the paper to be caught by her scribe while she came to me.

“Cadence.” We ran to each other and did our normal greeting.

“Oh Twilight.” She took me on her forelegs and we shared a hug. “It’s been too long.”

“I’ve missed you too Cadence.”

We let go and then she turned to my friends. “And it is good to see all of you again.”

The girls responded in their own ways to Cadence who looked around and behind them when they were done.

“Where’s your brother? I thought he was with you.” She looked at me confused.

Suddenly, I felt guilty and worried all over again.

“What happened?” I looked up at Cadence who had a worried look and a gentle but stern sound in her voice. My feelings must’ve become very apparent on my face for her to respond that way so quickly. “Twilight, please tell me what happened?”

I looked at my foal sitter and sighed. I didn’t really want to talk about it but maybe Cadence can help sort out this mess. She is Shining’s wife after all and the Princess of this Empire. I felt my face brighten up slightly and I felt less hesitant to tell Cadence everything but I still felt guilty for bringing this onto Flash.

Cadence listened carefully and with a look that was fairly hard for me to read. When I finished I saw Cadence sigh and smile slightly. “I think I might have to talk to him.” She turned and mumbled something that I didn’t catch.
“Wh-Really?”

She nodded. “Yes, but I also think we shouldn’t jump to conclusions. Shining might have looked like he wanted to burst but he’s also very disciplined. He might scare Flash a bit but it really shouldn’t be that much worse.” She gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled a little back and felt better about the situation. Cadence was right, we shouldn’t jump to conclusions and if the worst were to happen, Cadence will set things straight.

“Thanks Cadence. I feel better now.”

Just then, my brother stepped into the room and said, “Sorry Dear, I had a little something to care of.” I saw him walk to Cadence.

She gave him a knowing look and told him, “So I’ve heard.”

I saw Shining get a funny look on his face.

“But before we get to that, I believe there is something we want to tell Twilight.”

Shining kept that weird look on his face before shaking his head and regaining his composure. “Right, um, Twilight,” Shining turned his attention to me. “Cadence and I…”

“We’re having a foal!” Cadence exclaimed.

“Really?!” They nodded with big smiles. I responded with a big smile of my own and hugged them both while they wrapped their forelegs around me. “I’m so happy for you.”

The girls walked to us and gave their congratulations to them when we let go of each other.

“Thank you all so much,” Cadence responded.

I couldn’t believe it. I was going to be an Aunt. Shining and Cadence were going to have a foal.
Cadence cleared her throat to direct the excitement to calm down. “Now um, you all should get settled before anything else happens,” she said. “As for you,” she turned to Shining who suddenly gulped from the looks of it. “Follow me.”

I saw Shining follow Cadence out of the throne room before Apple Jack got my attention again. “Come on Sugar Cube, best we go and unpack and rest up a little after that train ride.”

I nodded feeling a little tired. A nap might do me some good after the day I’ve been having. I followed the girls out and we made our way to our respective quarters. I unpacked before I hopped into bed but I didn’t go to sleep right away. I kept thinking about today and how much actually happened in very little time. Flash and I made plans for tonight, my brother may or may not have roughed Flash up a bit, I got the news that Shining and Cadence were going to have a foal, and Cadence made it clear that she wouldn’t let Shining go too far into a… protective brother mode.

Soon enough, though, I drifted off to sleep.