• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 5,201 Views, 91 Comments

A Little Visit - Annabelle RTH



Flash Sentry visits Twilight Sparkle while on vacation to Ponyville. Will Twilight take a chance on him or let him go?

  • ...
26
 91
 5,201

Chapter 24

Flash’s POV

After I kissed her cheek, I smiled like an idiot at her. I saw her wipe her eyes.

“Um, are you going to be okay?” I asked her.

She nodded and smiled. “I’m okay.” She took a deep breath and looked at me. She was… glowing in the slightest way. It could have been my imagination but still… she looked so lovely. It was as if she was an angel… as corny as that sounds. I couldn’t try to come up with something better if I tried.

I moved the cushion I was sitting on closer to her and plopped myself down again, waiting for it all to sink in. She’s my girlfriend… Ha! Twilight Sparkle is my girlfriend! She-she’s… leaning on me. Looking down at her, she seemed to be at peace. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was steady. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her this content this close to me before. I smiled at her feeling relaxed and kind of warm.

I’ve had three relationships in my lifetime and with neither of them did simple signs of affection like this feel so rewarding or calming or anything. It’s still kind of hard to explain what kind of feeling this is but I like it… and I think Twilight likes it too. I nuzzled her head being careful with her horn without thinking.

“Say Flash?”

“Yeah Twilight?”

“What do you want to eat later?”

“Ooh,” There went the moment but we gotta eat at some point. “That is very good question actually. Um, I don’t know. Do you have any cravings?”

“Something warm would be good.”

“So, crossing off the salads and sandwiches. That’s a good start. Do you want to make something here or go out?”

“Well I’m not much of a cook but we can see what’s in the kitchen. I’m sure I have a few cookbooks around here somewhere.”

“No need. I’m actually not a bad cook. Come on. Let’s see what we have to work with.”

“Okay.” I heard her reply.

We got up and made our way to the kitchen. I swept through the place and asked Twilight, “All right, how do you feel about a casserole?”

“That actually sounds good.”

I smiled at her. “Great, mind helping?”

“Uh, sure. Just tell me what I need to do.”

The next hour, I spent with Twilight was… slightly odd. She chops vegetables fine but was a little lost on turning on the oven. In retrospect, I probably should have expected the schematic she pulled out of nowhere but I was surprised she hadn’t actually used her own oven before.

“So, when did you learn to make this casserole?” We were making our way back to the living room to just hang out.

“Years of watching and helping my mom.”

“Really?”

I nodded. “Yeah, I liked cooking with my mom. It was relaxing after a day at school.” We sat on the cushions together.

“So, I assume you know how to make more than just a casserole?”

I smirked playing along but being truthful actually. “Oh you haven’t seen anything yet. I’m no Pinkie Pie but I make a mean tiramisu.”

“Hmm, well I’m sure I won’t be the only one giving your tiramisu a taste test.”

“By all means. I live to serve.” I bowed my head jokingly and that got her. She giggled and then she smiled at me.

I smiled back staring at her for a moment. I was appreciating being in her presence. As much as I am a catch, Twilight’s beyond anything I could have hoped for in a partner. She’s a little nutty but in a way it’s kind of cute.

“So… what’s new since your last letter?” She asked.

“Oh, actually I’m making plans to take Ruby to visit Terra for a few days.”

“That’s great. You’ll have so much fun.”

“I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t had a chance to see the baby.”

“Isn’t he almost a year old?”

“Exactly. I haven’t seen my sister for almost a year and by the time I get to, it’ll be more than a year.” I sighed. “You know, what really bugs me is that I didn’t even notice.” I didn’t think that a day that started out so happy and surprising would turn to this. I’m upset with myself all over again because of this and I’m ruining our time together. I only have this weekend and for some reason, I’m spilling out my negative feelings to Twilight when we should be enjoying ourselves.

“Oh Flash, it happens to the best of us.” She covered my hoof with hers.

I looked at her calming down. I know she’s right, but I can’t help but feel a little bad that I let this one go. I’ve normally been on top of this but this year was not my year. I sighed and smiled.

“I’m sorry Twilight. I didn’t mean to bum us out. I’m going to go check on dinner okay?”

Feeling sorry for myself won’t help things. I’ve moped enough over this and I really just want to enjoy myself with Twilight. I’ll get to see my sister later.

Author's Note:

Hello Again Everypony,

So quick note, I changed the number of sisters Flash has from 4 to 5. I like the idea of twins so I'm going to go with that.

Thanks again for reading and I hope you enjoyed yourselves.